The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: Prays needed for my mum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

OT: Prays needed for my mum Empty
PostSubject: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi Guys

Sorry for not been around for a while i have just had an incredible amount of shit to deal with but im slowly getting there.

My mums operation is confirmed for Tuesday Morning and she enters hospital on this monday.

Its also been confirmed shes to have a double heart by pass followed by open heart surgery to remove one of her heart valves and replace it with a titanium valve all in one operation. (this is to increase her chances)

My mums spent the last few weeks putting her affairs in order in case she doesnt survive the opp ive been desperately trying to keep her spirits ups but her own Dad (my Grandad) died in Heart Surgery (the same opp but he was getting a pigs valve) and thats been preying on her mind.

If you get a few mintues please keep my mum in your thoughts and prayers over the coming 7 days.

Ill keep this thread updated with her progress as things develop i pray the updates will be positive.

After loosing my best friend to cancer and finding out another good friend of 20 years has terminal cancer i really dont think i could cope with loosing my mum as well i just hope she make it through this week.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:41 pm

good vibes coming your my bro aswell as your mom's

try and keep your chin up , and if anything you want to talk , you still have my number right ?

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 pm

I lost my Mum to cancer 12 years ago, and our lasses Grandad died in a heart op. 4 years ago. Her Gran needs the same op. but won't have it because that plays on her mind, so I know how your probably feeling right about now.

I hope everything goes well for you and your family chief, you got my thoughts all the way.
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey Jay,

I haven't posted on here forever but I just wanted to wish your mom, you, and your family luck with the upcoming surgery.

I know every surgery is a major ordeal but if it helps, they have made extraordinary advances in open-heart surgery over the years. I have personally seen many patients bounce back from this procedure surprisingly fast. I know there are no guarantees but chances are good your mom will be one of those.

It sounds like you've had enough shit-luck lately, so hopefully that's going to change starting now.

Just wanted to wish you and your family all the best and you definitely have my thoughts and prayers going out to you!

Brad
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi Jay

having just read your words i wanted to add my piece and wish you and your family all the very best during this time.
take care

kevin
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:31 pm

All the very best wishes of good health to your mum Jay, we all hope she makes it through - will be thinking of you as well mate.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Man, Jay, I hope everything goes okay. My mom had a quadruple bypass about 7 years ago. It was hard, but it saved her life, and she is better now for it. They really have made a lot of strides in that area. In fact, for my mom's surgery, the hospital PR person asked her if she would sign a release, because an image of her on the operating table with her chest cut open was used in an article about her surgeon, and how advanced and effective his surgical method was.

I hope the best for you and your mom. But you have to keep positive too, and believe that she will be better off in the long run. It was scary, and hard, and a long recovery, but it saved her life.

Tad
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Hey Jay,

Thinking of you and your mom. She'll do well. Heart surgery is an amazing thing now. If you need an ear drop me a PM and we'll chat.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Jay, Life really sucks somtimes! i hope your mum pulls through mate!

all the best
Carl
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:58 pm

hey jay wishing you and your family all the luck in the world mate

and hope life changers for the better soon buddy

all the best jase
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Best wishes to your mum Jay. We all hope she does well & your life starts going better.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:12 pm

I'll keep you, your mum, and your friend in my prayers and thoughts, Jay. I know its going to be rough for awhile, but hang in there, mate. I know what its like to worry, both my parents went through it. Like Paul said, they can do alot more these days in the surgery room than 10 years ago. If you need any advise on what to do for her after the surgery, you know where I am.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Jay,

I'll certainly say a few prayers for your mum & i hope her operation is a success & she has a speedy recovery! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Jay

All the best to your mum. I'm sure she'll be just fine. She'll be in my prayers pal. Know everyone here is thinking of you and your family.

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:07 am

I can only echo what has been said above. Your family are in my prayers bud.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:30 am

I cant add any new, just say ,Your mum and You will be on My thoughts this days.
Best wishes My friend
Un abrazo
Javi
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:27 am

Best wishes Jay to you & your Mum.

Rog.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 am

Hope everything turns out alright Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 am

Just read this Jay. Sorry for the late post. We will keep you and your Mom in our prayers buddy.

Jason
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 am

Jay,

My thoughts are with you and your mum.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Wow Thanks guys for all the support guys its means so much! It definately makes me feel like im not alone and thats an incredible comfort.

I showed this thread to my mum this afternoon and it choked her up tbh said she finally understood what i mean when i refer to the vintage collecting community.

Im helping her pack now and i got her a portable DVD player so she has some entertainment to help pass the time as she will be in hospital approx 10 days (it used to be a lot longer but these days in the UK the cant get you out quick enough) The hospital charge £8 per day for a TV with 3 shitty channels!

Ill keep updating this thread with her progress, i hope i can continue to add to it positively.

I just want to say thanks to Paul and Chris J you guys really helped me in live chat the other night.

Jimmy PM me your number sgain i changed mobiles the other month and lost quite a few numbers.

Speak soon

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Jay, you've had one hell of a year and this certainly tops it all off. I wish your mum well, that the surgery will go as planned, and for a speedy recovery. Hang in there the both of you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Hey Jay. No problem. We vintage guys gotta look after each other. Chris is stilltalking about Lucy.

I know what you mean about the hospital wanting you out as fast as possible. Here I know people that were home less than three days after major surgery.

Tell your mom to drop by TIG again. We'll have a party for her Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Good luck to you Mam Jay. Hope eveything goes well.

Andy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Sorry to here all your bad news Jay and hope things turn good for you mate, all the luck to your mum for her opp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prays needed for my mum   OT: Prays needed for my mum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: Prays needed for my mum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next