The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Looking good so far John. Are you going for a certain year?
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:19 pm

I think I'm going 1982-1986 In 1986 I was thirteen (turning 14 that Oct) and well once a teenage boy discovers that common "hobby" , toys just don't seem to matter. I ended up with Tennis elbow and didn't own a raquet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm

That last part we didnt need to know about. Couldve kept that part secret. LOL
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm

LMAO John.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Looking good John! I like the Tele Viper. When did you pick him up?
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:30 pm

Nice collection so far John. I was born in '80 so I collected up until '91 or so. More figures for me to collect I guess.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 am

John, you're collection is looking badass. Where are you going to put them to display? I can't freaking wait until mine get here now.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Have I mentioned how much I hate you guys for convincing me to get into Joes?

Got the first batch today. Doc, Sci-Fi, and Wild Bill. The Sci-Fi is a little loose, but all in all, these are freaking cool. In fact, we're starting to plan on a remodel of our house, and I'm close to convincing my wife into letting me convert an unfinished area of our house into a Comic Book/ GI Joe room now. Man these things bring back memories. It's like I'm 6 years old again.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 2011-08-27_18-51-23_974

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 2011-08-27_18-52-59_40

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 2011-08-27_18-53-52_591
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Tad, welcome to the club. cheers Those look great. All its about is feeling young again, bro. And yes, i think you mentioned something about hating us in chat for talking you into buying Joes, once or 10 times. lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Well I guess I know who outbid on Doc and SciFi now lol!

Welcome to the club Tad!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:20 pm

My bad, John! I actually haven't bid on too many. I've mostly been doing BIN from sellers that look trustworthy and are very specific in their descriptions. But man I got the FEVER! I even just joined the YoJoe forums!

It took everything I had not to fill up the bathtub and have a rocking ass tub time Joe battle. It's kind of weird. I think I've collected Star Wars stuff for so long, I've kind of lost that childhood enjoyment of them. Now they're more like investments and collection fillers and AFA and acrylic cases and "Don't Touch That, It took Me 5 Years to Track That Down!"

Whereas with the Joes, it's like I'm seeing them as a kid again for the first time. Don't know how to explain it, or if that makes sense, but I totally lit up when I opened the package today. It's like a tiny time capsule. I wanted to drive 150 miles to my brother's house so we could build a base for them.

I know I've said I hate you all, but honestly, thanks. This is really just what I needed.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:26 am

Nice story Tad, but you still outbid me so I hate you lol!

Here's todays haul. I'm really getting into these guys but I'm getting hooked..........

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 Yojoe10
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:16 am

Nice to see your Joe-collections grow.

John thats some nice pick ups. Love frostbite one of my favorite figures.

Darthtad a nice lot too. Nice doc figure you got I'm after that figure to, and ofcause wild bill.

Now you got some drivers how about starting a run where you get some viechles to. Dragon fly and snowcat are badass
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:21 am

Tad- HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!! The plan is working out soooo well. And I forgot about Sci-Fi. I`ll have to get him.

And Tad I know what you mean about the Joes just making you feel like a kid. I had way more Joe stuff when I was a kid. I was just saying in chat last night that I almost feel bad that I`m kinda enjoying the Joes and comic stuff more right now. But I think it`s case of needing a break and a switch to something else for a bit. Although the bootleg collection is stalking me at night and threatening bodily injury if I don`t make an addition soon.

John- You`re on fire. You`ve got my first GI Joe figure ever in that bunch Short Fuse I have to find a nice MOC straight arm sometime along with a awesome loose one. Now get those Joes off the table before your mom gets home and gives you hell.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:40 am

I`ve had this song stuck in my head for like two weeks. I`m walking around work humming it and singing it out loud. Customers come around the corner and smile at me with a look on their faces like "Crazy little fella. He must take some of the drugs they sell here." One lady smiled and said she knew that song by heart when her son was younger. She thinks his stuff is still in the basement somewhere. I told her if she ever wanted to clean her basement Wink

The rain from the coming hurricane has begun. I may spend the day watching my copies of the The MASS Device, The Revenge of Cobra: The Weather Dominator, and The Pyramid of Darkness. The only thing missing will be my mom coming into the living room with a grill cheese sandwich and a Coke. I have to go now I had more to say but I have to go call my mom now.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 am

John, nice haul. Got some nice pieces in that round.

Tad, glad your able to live the childhood over again. And after that story you told us in chat the other night, it makes it even better that you are enjoying them. I knew we would get you hooked, but not going to the YoJoe forums hooked. lol!

For those of you who dont know about this site, its not real popular as far as I know, but Shane on RS helped start this one and its got a ton of info on all things Joe. From figures to carry cases to tents. If its got Joe on it, its on here somewhere.

http://www.joeintel.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 am

2 other realy good webpages are "blood for the baron" www.bloodforthebaron.com and my friend Rene's www.action-force.dk

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 pm

nice websites. got them bookmarked for later reference
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey Tad - Congrats on giving into peer pressure and joining in on the fun! I agree - the SW collection is like a museum piece display with a don't touch type of approach. But the Joe's are fun to display and to pick up and pose, check out, etc.

John - Awesome Grunt and Short Fuse there bud! My Short Fuse was one of my first I picked up in my collection re-birth. Still looking for a nice Grunt that won't break the bank for one fig.

Still need to get replacements from the quake damage. Too bad it was mostly my straight arms that got the worse end of the deal. At least the Irene didn't pick them all up and blow them into oblivion.

Here are 2 tough SOB's that did survive the quake. And poor Zap who broke his o ring, both of his thumbs, and cracked his torso & arms. Maybe Monkey Wrench pushed him off the shelf...
Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 DSC05444
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:40 pm

All right, got my guys back up after the quake - glued some pieces back where I could, still lost some of the broken pieces.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 DSC05509

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 DSC05511

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 DSC05512

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 DSC05513
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:47 pm

did a good job on it, cant tell which ones were broke now
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:31 am

Lookin good Hoser Gorton Fisherman,

One thing I like about the Joes over SW figures is the greater range of poseability. But now I see I haveto get buying to catch up to you and John.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks guys! The broken ones were glued back together if I could find the pieces. Some are still missing fingers, thumbs, crotches, etc... I tried to hide the damage in my display. There are 2 that completely broke and I just left out of the pic.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Looking good, Dallas! Today I got Destro and Storm Shadow.

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 2011-08-29_17-05-36_575
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Looking good Tad. pm coming bud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)   Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage GI Joes Thread! (AKA Damm you Dallas for sucking us into another collecting addiction that we don't want to be a part of but now can't help ourselves)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next