The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tk421
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
tk421

Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc Empty
PostSubject: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:54 am

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and possibly have any info on this (If it is common or not). I purchased a Tie Fighter Pilot which I received today. I was just cataloging it when I noticed the manufacturer and COO were originally on the front of the legs but scrached off. Here are some images...

It reads (Same as the rear of legs)

LHS Leg: © L.F.L 1982
RHS Leg: MADE IN HONG KONG

Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc Tievar1
Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc Tievar2

I have only just noticed this now isthis common? or is it old news?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:10 am

Someone asked the same question on a German forum recently:

http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1186&start=2610 (scroll down a bit)

Wolff's asnwer (on the next page)

"Kurious aber häufig zu finden! Bei einem mold hats der Typ der die coos einfräst vergeigt und einfach auf die falsche seite gefräst. Nun gemerkt haben sies wohl sofort.

Alle Tie Piloten mit der spezifischen coo (hinten) haben vorne die Rückstände dieses fehlers!"

Translates a bit like:

Interesting COO but easy to find. During the production of the mould the COO was mistakenly placed on the wrong side. Probably the mistake was discovered immediately and corrected.

All TIE Fighers with this specific COO (BTW we are talking COO no. 2 in Wolff's scheme) still have the remainings of the wrongly placed COO on the front side.

I hope this answers your question.

Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc Tie_pi11
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
tk421
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
tk421

PostSubject: Re: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 am

Yes it does, thank you!
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 pm

On a related note, is there really a variant for the TIE Pilot's grey paint color? I've read before that some have light grey gloves/boots, and some have darker grey gloves/boots. Is this true, and are they connected with specific COOs?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 am

shabbyblue wrote:
On a related note, is there really a variant for the TIE Pilot's grey paint color? I've read before that some have light grey gloves/boots, and some have darker grey gloves/boots. Is this true, and are they connected with specific COOs?

I have pilots with different paint body grey, black. I also have figures figures with black and grey arms on the same figure :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:35 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
shabbyblue wrote:

I have pilots with different paint body grey, black. I also have figures figures with black and grey arms on the same figure :-)

Interesting, have you got any pics :?:
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 am

snaggletooth wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
shabbyblue wrote:

Interesting, have you got any pics :?:

Sure but it is hard to see on pictures. If I have the figure up against some light it is easy to spot.

Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc Imperi11

This is the best pictures I have maid so far as you maybe can see right leg is black, left leg is more grey or black grey.
The left arm is black and the right arm is more grey or black/grey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc   Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tie Fighter Pilot COO etc

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1