The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JadBean
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
JadBean

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Greetings! My name is Jad Bean, and I'm a Kenner-aholic. I grew up with the toys in the late 70's & 80's. I don't have any of my originals, but I have been slowly rebuilding my loose collection. I have nearly all of the non-POTF figures, along with a few small vehicles.

I'm not really into getting the ultra-rare variations or MOCs, I just enjoy having the toys and reliving my childhood memories. I'm also a big fan of the recent "ReAction" lines of Kenner-ish figures from Funko & other companies. I run a Facebook group dedicated to these new-old toys, you can find it by searching "ReAction Figure Fans".

I enjoy getting new additions to my collection, but even more so, I love creating art inspired by these wonderful toys. I have several pieces done, and am always working on more; most are inspired by 80's pop culture & action figures. You can see everything at my site, which is www dot JadBean dot com (I can't post links yet). Here's one of my recent pieces, inspired by Kenner toys.

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 Kenner10

Very glad to be here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JadBean.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Welcome aboard and thanks for introducing yourself, Jad.

Nice website. I also like your Dr Who inspired cat home!  Very Happy 

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
JadBean
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
JadBean

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Thank you! That was a fun one to build, though it took forever to paint!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JadBean.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 pm

welcome John and Jad!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Thank you for following the link Jad, and taking the time to introduce yourself!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Brando1274
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Brando1274

PostSubject: Hello All   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:09 am

cheers Hello fellow collectors! cheers  My name is Brando from sunny California and I am very happy to be a member of this great community of collectors! I was fortunate enough to grow up during the OT era of Star Wars and KENNER Star Wars action figures and vehicle toys were such a huge part of my childhood! Every birthday and Christmas was dominated by Star Wars toys!! I often find myself thinking back to those great years, wishing I could relive the feelings I felt opening up new Star Wars toys!! .... Hmmmm only if! I started collecting vintage Star Wars during my 20's but had to give it all up due to more important things in life! But now that I've reached the ripe age of 40 I've decided to star collecting again! I've been working on collecting a full set of loose mint vintage action figures for the past six months and only have 4 of the potf figures left to collect and my collection is full on complete! I'm currently in search of some rarer accessories and weapons to finish off my collection and have a thread posted in the classified section asking if anyone out there can help a fellow collector out.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow collectors along the way! See you in the forums!

Brando
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 am

welcome  to TIG Brando!

Thank you for following the link, and taking the time to introduce yourself.

Enjoy the forum.  Very Happy 

Steve
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:54 am

Welcome, John, Jad and Brando to the forum  cheers 

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:57 am

welcome Brando!

Near full Kenner run in about 6 months!!! Nice! Down to four... which 4 are you hunting?

Anyway..... welcome aboard!
See ya inside!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 am

welcome John, Jad & Brando to the forum TIG the home of Gentlemen

Back to top Go down
Kessel Run 73
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:05 am

Lol. I remember when I thought I "finished" my original series collection. It never ends because after you complete that you will want the Ewoks and Droids series and then variants and Lili Ledy,Uzay, and many others. Good luck and enjoy but it's also somewhat of a curse to love collecting these figures.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Welcome aboard, Brando.  welcome 

Have fun reading, posting, and interacting here on this baord.

You will quikcly notice we are fairly laid back here.

Cheers

Marco

Back to top Go down
Brando1274
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Brando1274

PostSubject: Thanks guys!   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Yes psybertech, only 4 left and I'm gold! Those left to collect are EV-9D9, A-Wing Pilot, Lando Gerneral and the elusive (and quite expensive) Yak-Face! I guess 5 left to collect because I don't have a blue snaggy yet too, but someday! I need a few accessories as well to complete my original collection, and that includes:

1. Dark Brown Gaff Stick (for brown snake Yoda)
2. Blue Lightsaber (for Jedi Luke)
3. Cape w/ snap (for Jedi Luke)
4. Green Saber ( for R2-D2 pop up)

Hopefully someone out there can help a fellow collector out!

Thanks again guys, looking forward to being a part of the community!

Brando

Back to top Go down
Brian1976
New User
New User
Brian1976

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello All.

Just joined today and wanted to say a quick hello.  Long time Star Wars fan here, no surprise.  I have been primarily focused on reacquiring classic Kenner loose figures from my youth.  My brother managed to grab our collector case from our folks house - which was loaded with our old figures  Crying or Very sad  - so I'm working slowly on getting some of my favorites back.  At least, I managed to hold onto my old Kenner Land Speeder, X-Wing fighter and TIE Fighter.    I'm looking forward to learning from you all what to avoid (repros, etc.) as I deal with the after-market.  Thanks, Brian
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm

welcome Brian!

So... your brother beat you to your childhood stuff? Why not split them?  Cool 

Anyway.... welcome aboard and take in all the great posts here to help you start! There is a ton of stuff for sure!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:06 pm

welcome to TIG Brian. Good luck with building your loose collection. Please feel free to ask questions & enjoy the best SW forum on the net.  Very Happy 

Steve
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 7:32 am

Welcome Brian, good to have you onboard  cheers 

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 4:09 pm

A very warm  welcome  to TIG, John, Jad , Brendon and Brian hope you guys stick around, TIG is a great forum for learning new and interesting facts about the hobby. With a large group of helpful and friendly Gentlemen that are happy to help you out with any questions that you may have  Smile 

Hmmm dont know why but reading that back, it sounds a little bit pervy
Back to top Go down
Brian1976
New User
New User
Brian1976

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! Much appreciated. I'm wading through old posts trying to learn as much as I can. If I have questions, I will be sure to give you all a shout. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 am

Brian1976 wrote:
If I have questions, I will be sure to give you all a shout.

That's the aim of the game, we were all newbies once upon a time.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:55 am

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 Welcome
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Welcome aboard, Brian. Smile
Back to top Go down
Khabarakh
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Hey all, I'm Ben, 26 years old living in Minneapolis, USA, although I grew up and lived in New York City until about two years ago. I'm an elementary school teacher, just completed my certification and I'm starting out teaching fourth grade this fall. I'm a big time association football (soccer) fan: Arsenal supporter. Also a baseball fan (Mets).

I collect loose vintage. My loose figure collection is complete, although I'm missing most of the rarer variations and don't really see myself adding them anytime soon. My main passion for vintage collecting is customizing though, for which I pride myself on using exclusively vintage Kenner Star Wars pieces in all of my work. Come check out page 49 of the Vintage Customs Thread to see my creations, which I posted there this morning. Here's one group shot of most of them as a little teaser:

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 Photo5-1
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 7:45 pm

welcome Ben!

I saw your posts in the custom thread but haven't had a chance to reply (I'm am one that made a Han Trooper with a drilled out helmet you mentioned - Alex (General Khan - aka "Custom Factory" as of late  :cool laugh: ) did too and maybe others?  unsure ). Smile

Very nice customs man! Good to see you join and post. I'm sure you'll get more props and welcomes soon!

Anyway.... again...... welcome aboard!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:06 am

welcome  aboard, Ben!

I saw your custom figures in the custom thread, and they really rock!

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!****

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next