The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New SW Toys Documentary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
doc_atomic
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
doc_atomic

New SW Toys Documentary Empty
PostSubject: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:41 am

Hi, all. I just wanted to take a moment to let you know about a documentary I'm producing called Plastic Galaxy. It's about Star Wars toys -- their history and influence and overall awesomeness.

I've been -- and will continue to be -- filming all over the country, speaking to a wide variety of people (collectors, authors, former Kenner and Hasbro employees, historians, etc.) about all the different aspects of the hobby. And, of course, I've been filming some killer -- KILLER -- collections. It's been a fun experience, and hopefully everyone will enjoy the final result.

The documentary will be out on DVD in August, 2012 -- I'm actually releasing it at Celebration VI. Afterwards, it'll be available via select brick-and-mortar stores and online. The film itself will probably run about 45 minutes (a "network hour"), but I'll also be cramming the disk full of all sorts of amazing extras, outtakes, and extended interviews. So there should be something for everyone.

(Except Tim -- I don't think I've got enough coins in it to ever satisfy him! Smile)

I've got a teaser trailer posted over at the official web site, and you can also find more info about the film. Check out www.plasticgalaxymovie.com. And because this is the 21st century, you can also follow our Twitter feed (@plastic_galaxy) and "like" us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/plasticgalaxy).

If anyone has any questions about the project, please feel free to give me a shout -- I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks a lot! I'm done pimping my movie -- back to our regularly scheduled conversations about toys! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://astoundingartifacts.blogspot.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:25 am

Sounds awesome Brian, look forward to the release Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:32 am

this sounds cool! and i have just read on FB that is gonna be 0 region DVD! Wicked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:44 am

That looks killer Brian Very Happy I can't wait to see it bounce

PLEASE get Daft Punk to do the sound track for it bounce bounce bounce Come on you can do it Very Happy

That would be so huge Very Happy

Keep us posted mate.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:50 am

soren wrote:
PLEASE get Daft Punk to do the sound track for it bounce bounce bounce Come on you can do it Very Happy

Cool That would be great fun!

Congrats Brian and keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:25 am

Great Brian. Seems almost vaguely familiar!! Gotta be happy with the final cut.
I'm so pumped for this, really excited to see the final product.

doc_atomic wrote:

(Except Tim -- I don't think I've got enough coins in it to ever satisfy him! Smile)

Lol, am i that obvious?!?!!. Chad warned me that people start to nod off when coin collectors get going!
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:34 am

I wont nod off! lol!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:04 am

Looks very cool Brian, can't wait to see it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

Brian, you can mark one sold when I see you at CVI

Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Fantastic Brian. Put me on the waiting list as well. cheers ale
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Brian, As stated on RS this looks fantastic and I cannot wait to see it. And if you need to interview a backwoods, middle of nowhere,, reclusive collector - I'm your man! SW even impacts one horse towns with no traffic lights. Of course SW bootlegs aren't the only thing we bootleg out here, lol. Doesn't get any better than bootlegs and moonshine!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:25 pm

That looks completely awesome and an outstanding project! Kicking myself for not being there first--lol
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Brian,

I am looking forward to this and consider another one sold. Funny, but I do not remember you interviewing me about jawas. Oh well, I am sure the other characters will have to do. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
doc_atomic
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
doc_atomic

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks guys. It's been a fun project so far... I'm learning a lot, seeing some amazing collections, and meeting excellent people. I'm also losing sleep, stressing out, and generally falling apart. So, you know, typical documentary making. Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Brian glad to see this coming to fruition pal! Put me down for a copy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 am

A documentary that allows me to oooh and aaah over other people's cool collections? Well, sign me up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:58 am

Yes, Yes! August 2012 is to far away. Hope you give us some sizzle videos to satisfy our needs dude. We need more docos like this.
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 am

Do you konw if you will sell copys internationally??
Id like to get one when the time comes. Shit, ill get ttwo just so i can brush my teeth to this!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 am

Brian, I have to apologize for not commenting MUCH sooner. I somehow missed this thread. Embarassed

VERY!!!! excited about this movie coming. I want two when it is available. One to stuff into the DVD rack and one still wrapped in plastic with a certain movie makers signature on it for the display case Smile If you want to come to Canada and film the biggest bootleg collection in St. Stephen, I'm sure Sari and I could keep the Killer Attack Moose at bay long enough.
Back to top Go down
doc_atomic
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
doc_atomic

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:06 am

Yr1977 -- You'll be able to buy the DVD online, so yeah, it'll be available internationally. And I'm making the disks Region 0, so they'll play on all DVD players.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 am

Looks good so far Brian I hope to pick one up from you next year Smile
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:43 pm

doc_atomic wrote:
Yr1977 -- You'll be able to buy the DVD online, so yeah, it'll be available internationally. And I'm making the disks Region 0, so they'll play on all DVD players.

Perfect. Good man. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:51 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
I'm sure Sari and I could keep the Killer Attack Moose at bay long enough.

Haha I love how you wrote that. Is there a Moose problem at your place? Most of ours get shot but it does happen people get killed by Moose, last year a boy was attacked here and the Moose hit his backpack sent the kid flying, but because he played Hunter in World of Warcraft the ability feign death saved his life Razz so that game have done something good.

Btw I want this documentary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 am

What a great initiative Brian. Very Happy

i wish you good luck with your project, and please don't forget to save a copy for me.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Would this be able in the UK? Liam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New SW Toys Documentary   New SW Toys Documentary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New SW Toys Documentary

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1