The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nice to meet you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:21 am

Name: Alex
Single/Married: M
Residence: Brussels
Collecting Focus: Loose figures
Character Focus: variations
Collecting interest: vintage toys and comics
Looking For information and interesting discussions.

Hi!

My name is Alex, portuguese, born in Africa, living in Brussels (Belgium). I joined this forum a few days ago and it's now time to present myself.
I am "newbie" in Star wars collectiong, even though I am avid toy collector since more than 10 years mostly in vintage action man (and Gi Joes from Hasbro and Palitoy and other licensees). I do collect also Comic strips (as almost everybody in Belgium ;0), vintage Volkswagen Legos and other vintage toys...
About 2 months ago, I picked up in parent's attic my Star Wars vintage toys (that were my brother's too). I never wanted to sell them since I had some kind of strong attachment to them. As a kid we had almost the full action figures line including the power of the force. I remember very well buying them when the line was discontinued for less than 1USD each, that's when I got Yakface, Ammanaman and other "less" attracting figures that kids usually don't buy because they prefer a Boba Fett. In between, I found some interesting other pieces through old friends and on fleamarkets that I do on regular basis. Only recently I found out that that were replacement weapons... I am very cautious with this because though I can understand that some people prefer to have a figure with a weapon (even if it is a repro) I really to stick to vintage only.
I also found out the figures variations and that's what when I really "falled in love" for star wars figures, but I am limiting myself (at least for the moment) to loose figures only. I have a very basic collection of circa 150 figs. I don't have any vinyl cape jawa for example so it is clear that the way to the complete line is faw away. But I am counting on my luck and on fleamarkts to make it grow. I am very cautions on buying on Ebay unless I am sure that the item is vintage because, I really to stick to vintage and not repros. Well I think have said the most of it, sorry for being so long. I am looking forward to participate more actively on this forum cheers Alex
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 am

Hi Alex, welcome There are one or 2 loose variant collectors here Wink Take a few pictures of your collection so far. It's excellent that you still have your childhood figures too Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:31 am

Hi Alex, Welcome to TIG Smile

BTW - i love Blueberries lol!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:50 am

Carl Waterworth wrote:

Blueberry is a really cool Belgian comic, you should read it. Cool

Welcome Alex! Only they don't like loose variations at all here. Rolling Eyes Wink

Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:58 am

Capetown wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:

Blueberry is a really cool Belgian comic, you should read it. Cool

Welcome Alex! Only they don't like loose variations at all here. Rolling Eyes Wink

Comic! and I thought it was a fruit lol!
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:06 am

Thanks for the welcome guys, I will definitively post some pictures of my modest loose figs collection. I think I still have 1 or 2 pics I made with my bro' back in 1981 with our SW toys 🎅
And yes Blueberry is definitvely a famous Belgian comic study but I like blueberries as well lol!
ALex
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:19 am

Hi Alex

Wellcome to the bords . I like to see some pictures of your Gi Joe stuff :-) As well as your SW .

Gi Joes where my favorite toys before SW as a kid :-)

Soren
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:41 am

Hey Alex, nice to meet you.
I have been known to collect the odd variant or 2!!
I have some nice ones coming soon, watch this space!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:32 am

Welcoma aboard Alex. Like Soren said, love to see the Joes you got. Good to see another collector of them around.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 am

Ok sure I will post pics of my vintage 12" Joes tonight from home and will make some pics on the loose SW as well Stormie Smiley
Chris & Soren, do you also collect vintage Palitoy Action Man?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 am

Hi Alex

Looking forward to the pictures . I don't collect them , but i have some for childhood . But i have just tradet some away .
But i still like to se them , as all the details are so cool.

I have made some post in this tread about vintage Gi Joe ads . As far as i remember there are more i the rest of the post .
But on these two pages there are Gi ads

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2385p30-the-vintage-commercial-break-non-sw-vintage-toy-ads
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2385p45-the-vintage-commercial-break-non-sw-vintage-toy-ads

Cheers

Soren
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Alex welcome to the forum.

I also collect loose variants, nice to meet another variant collector bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi Alex, welcome aboard! welcome

Try to stay away from the dark path of variants collecting, with 150 figures is not yet too late. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Hi Alex, welcome aboard! welcome

Try to stay away from the dark path of variants collecting, with 150 figures is not yet too late. Very Happy

Hi Marco why did you not tell me about that Dark Path before I begun to collect Variants lol!

Are you back in town, if yes do you have the R2-D2 answer to me ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:50 pm

I uploaded some pics on servimg.com but I get a error message whenever I try to insert the Url, an image or a direct link on this forum : "you are not allowed to post links or emails". Once I have solve the issue I will try to post the pics. Patience;.. bounce
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:48 pm

hey alex , welcome aboard but actually they hate belgium guys over here so be aware Cool

btw , variation collector my self ,

btw flemisch or french speaking

just say flemish they hate wallonie lol!

greets jimmy
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:15 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:

btw flemisch or french speaking

just say flemish they hate wallonie lol!

greets jimmy

Dag Jimmy, french speaking living in the D.C. Brussels ;0) But I am neither Flamish or walloooooon, just a basic portuguese What a Face ...tot straks. Alex
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 am

Alex, you can start your own photo gallery here to make it alot easier to post pix. Go to the top of the page and hit galleries and start your own section. I've had the same problem you did with trying to add shots from my computer so I know what you mean

As for collecting Action Man, not yet, but I do have my eye on a few MOC'a at the moment. I'm trying to finish off my loose US run first (which I need about 20-30 to go). But I do have some MOC's from Canada, Argentina, Spain, and India. If I had the room to display them, I'd show them off. But everything is stored right now. I love the international versions of them.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:28 am

Hey Chris, excellent idea. I have posted them on my gallery! So look for Jedi Blueberry in the galery!
I had to laugh because you are certainly much younger than me because the Joes you are referring to are the 3 3/4" (ie MOC). Being older I am referring to the Gi joe made by Hasbro and that were 12" inch, so basically "dolls" and were not available MOC but MIB..please don't laugh lol!
Look at the pics!
Alex
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 am

welcome to TIG Alex! Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am

I'm talking about the Hasbro vintage ones, but yhea the 3 3/4 ones. The modern ones don't do it, too buff for me. The 12" were out when I was younger, but never got any. I wouldn't mind picking up a few now, but most go out of my range I'm willing to drop on a "doll". lol!

Just checked out your collection and all I can say is WOW! How many do you have so far? Any from childhood?
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:54 am

I must have around 150 different Action "dolls" produced in USA, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Japan under Hasbro licence between 1962 and 1979. The pic only show a few of them (mostly from french production). As a kid I had only 3 but I remember selling them on a fleamarket a few month before starting my own collection back in 1997. So the one's I had as kid are probably in somebody else collection. Rolling Eyes
I sometimes find 3 3/4 Joes on fleamarkets here while looking for vintage toys, I will let you know if I do, I might make you a even more happy man! lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:23 am

Nice to meet you! Am11010
those are pretty neat
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Wow Alex that is a great collection . I can only find the picture that James repostet . So please link me to the other pictures.

I want to se more........ bounce
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Soren, apparently i can not post links, emails on the forum as i receive an error message. To find the pics just go to GALLERIES thumbnail and then look for my nickname in the gallery, you will find my foto album containing the pics. Cheers. Alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nice to meet you! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you!   Nice to meet you! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice to meet you!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next