The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) Empty
PostSubject: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:08 pm

While it's not exactly a mystery that Shawn_K and Joe_O are the boardnames of Joe and Shawn, I've seen some interesting names come up and thought it might be fun to see what they mean and how you chose them.

For me, Darthberizing is a SW version of my Ebay ID "Berizing" . Berizing was a made up word I learned when I was in retail. We used it as a catch-all when we needed an adjective. It meant whatever we needed it to. If it was terrible, you'd say "it's just so berizing" in a low voice. If you needed a word that showed it was an awesome product , you'd say with joy "It's so berizing, you have to like it!!". So when I joined Ebay I used berizing and then of course when I joined the online community I decided to keep my name close to Ebay for feedback purposes. After deliberating BobaBerizing and Berizing Fett, I thought Darthberizing had a nice ring to it.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:33 pm

I think most board members know my real by now, Paul. Which is not even close to my screen name of kisstour03. The way I arrived at it, if memory serves, was registering on Ebay. Every name I tried came back "taken". So I combined my favorite bands name, KISS, with the year of the first time I saw them in concert. 2003. So kisstour03.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:06 pm

For me, I was trying to somehow combine Star Wars and one of my favorite music genres, jazz. So I ended up combining Max Rebo, from his band, and the word jazz!
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:23 am

Great idea Darthberizing .

I have been thinking about a lot of your guys names . Every time i see posts from you Rebojazz . I wonder wich kind of Jazz you like . I love soul Jazz myself , like the Crusaders Smile

My own name is just my name . It is spelled Søren here in Denmark . But it is only in some of the nordic contry's that the Ø is being used. So it is speled with an O instead .

When i work with foreigen people . They always think that my name is Sean . And over the years i have come to respond to that name when people use it.

At first i just signed up to learn about some stuff i wanted to sell. But as many of you guys know i tayed and got to love the forum and all you guys Smile

Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:33 am

Got my name when I was a 14 year old skateboarder. Had a lot of ambition in that subculture, drawing, skating, punkrock and girls Smile

I used to say my prayers out load and apologize for being a jerk, when I wanted to do a hard trick. My skate buddies, started for fun calling me “Psycko”, and it formed into “Nutcase”. Later the nut was deleted. One of my friends, was called Fozzy, because he was terrible at telling jokes, and that what made him funny. As is Fozzy from the Muppets show. He spelled his name Fosi, to mess with people. So I started writing my name as Kaze.

Still till this day, a small part of a group of friends Im still called Kaze.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:01 am

Well mine is easy to explain- I am James and a proud Australian (aussie) Smile Even though I was not born here my roots are here.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:33 am

Interesting thread Smile

My name jaymassive619

Well my name is Jay which is what i get called although i was born James so Jay is a shorter version.

The massive stems from my relationship with louise its effectively an adopted surname i call her massive she calls me massive the house is called "the massive" and our local pub at times can be called the massive. Even the dogs get it as a surname i.e kaede massive and dexter massive. It looks wierd writing it down like this but it was just one of those things we slipped into. We both meet about 7 years ago whilst we both worked at an insurance company and everyone called work the massive.

As some may guess the 619 is reference to wrestling and super little rey mysterios finishing move and i use to root for him back in my younger days when i watched wrestling.

Thats pretty much it Smile

Now where is the whiteskinnydroid? lol Razz

TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:01 am

Good idea for a thread!

Dr Dengar is the combination of two obscure characters from two movies which I like very much.

Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) DrNo

Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) Dengar
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:58 am

As most of you know the name Gorneesh comes form the Ewoks cartoon, and I used the name on my 1st World of warcraft character and the name kind of stuck, bit boreing compared to most on here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:41 am

....Just call me Lucifer

I'm glad you posted this thread John. I've always been curious about some of the names on here, especially yours. Now I know!

As for mine, it's a little more boring. I've never been very creative at things like this. I went to register for XBox Live and couldn't think of a clever name so I was just going to use catscanman because I'm a CAT scan tech. I know, genius right? Anyway, apparently other CAT scan techs like playing XBox also, because the name was already taken. So I just shortened it to ctscanman and added 68 for the year of my birthday, just to be sure it went through. After that I just got lazy and used it when I started joining forums. The funny thing is most people think I'm from Connecticut because of the CT abbreviation! Laughing

Brad
Back to top Go down
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:52 am

Well, my name is a combination of my last name translated into English (Shoemaker) and Unix (my favourite OS). The guys at school started calling me Shoenix, and I liked the ring of it and continued to use it myself Smile

Cheers,
Shoenix
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:33 am

I wondered what berizing meant as well.

Ganja was a part of my email when I was teenager and part of my eBay name later so when I joined sirsteves's forum 10 years ago, I was lordganja. Lord as in darth like in the prequels. But it didn't fit me anymore on vintage forums since the prequels suck and I don't collect modern anymore. So I changed it to darthganja, but later realized that I should have my favorite figure included since it wasn't vader. So finally, I am GanjaFett. Kinda fits like bobafett, jangofett, GanjaFett.

As far as ganja, I think everyone knows what that is :bong:
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:44 am

Well my name is from is the combination.

I was called Pomse by some friends when I was a teenager in the school. In 2001 I began to collect star wars for the first time bounce

Well I also collected star wars in the 80's but only for playing whack

And the the comics for reading in the 90's, or was it just to see pictures :scratch:

So I created the name Pomse2001 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:51 am

Glad we got so many replies already!

BTW - The title for the thread is from a Rolling Stones song. I just thought it matched nicely with the threads subject

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:05 pm

It was a cold November evening, and I had just returned home from a long day blowing amputees for money.....

Just kidding. Wish I had a good story for my name.

My name is Tad.

I like Darth Vader.

I would have used "Tader" but I'm not tat big of a potato fan.

But the better question is....why does DarthBerizing have a gif of Gopher from The Love Boat in his signature?

(I think it's a product placement, and The Love Boat gives him half a wooden nickel every time he posts.) affraid
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:09 pm

BTW - The title for the thread is from a Rolling Stones song. I just thought it matched nicely with the threads subject

Hence the first line in my reply. I don't really want to be called Lucifer! Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:10 pm

DarthTad wrote:

But the better question is....why does DarthBerizing have a gif of Gopher from The Love Boat in his signature?

Hey hey hey................. it's Issac , not Gopher!!!

Little bit of nonsense trivia, but Gopher (real name Fred Grandy) became a successful member of the House of Representitives for Iowa

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Well this being only the 2nd forum i'm a member of i used my user name from BFTB that i'm a member of. BFTB for those who don't know is short for http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/ which is a cool Action Force site! So to keep things simple i kept the name as it also fits for the stormies that i love! Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
DarthTad wrote:

Hey hey hey................. it's Issac , not Gopher!!!

Little bit of nonsense trivia, but Gopher (real name Fred Grandy) became a successful member of the House of Representitives for Iowa

Aw shit! Please don't tell anyone at The Love Boat forums of my horrible error!

And if you happen to have a bootleg copy of the Menudo episode, hit me up. Smile Surprised Cool bounce tongue That's my emoticon tribute to Menudo. I call them "Menudicon." Ricky Martin is the one in the middle. (Figures, he's always the middle of a man sandwich.)
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Squad Leader wrote:
Well this being only the 2nd forum i'm a member of i used my user name from BFTB that i'm a member of. BFTB for those who don't know is short for http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/ which is a cool Action Force site! So to keep things simple i kept the name as it also fits for the stormies that i love! Wink
WOW!! Shocked I have been looking for a Action Force site for a while and I have never herd of that one before going to go and have a good snoop around Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm

My name is Dallas which haves nothing to do with my user ID. I couldn't think of anything better when I joined the board so Sith Noob it is...
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:14 am

For the most part, my name meaning is pretty obvious. Jesse is my first name, and Vader is my favourite SW character (even before I became a Vader focus collector). The '08' does not refer to 2008 since I've been using the name in nearly every forum I've joined since about 2004; it's my favourite hockey player, Cam Neely, number 8 from the Boston Bruins.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 5:19 am

YR1977 <- Life changing year everyone
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:08 am

The first part of my name obviously comes from the title of Sith lords & the Stanley part of my name comes from the crappy football(soccer)team from my hometown which is Accrington Stanley(who were one of the original founding members of the english football league!) lol!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:44 am

Probably the single most horrific thing I ever saw as a kid was kahn pop those things in Chekov's ears in Star Trek 2, and ever since then I have associated that name with evil!
The General part, simply because I think it sounds cool, General Kahn has been the name I have used as my game name for as long as I can remember, I used it as my Character name in the K.O.T.O.R games, which was cool in the second one because the character was a general and people referred to you as General.
Aside from that my real name is Alex but everyone calls me Beard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)   Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name  (What's your name mean?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pleased to meet you.....won't you guess my name (What's your name mean?)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next