The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 pm

I am aiming to fill up the gallery pages on the site with my Trilogos, I could have had a full gallery now if I had taken up the offers of other collectors but I thought it would be cool to use my own collection Smile

I will get round to adding more just I am not the best with a camera so its slow going lol

The only ones I have on display at the moment are these :

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 Newcab10

Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:12 pm

SWEET!
i will keep an eye on the site and be sure to give you a shout regarding anything Tri related...

i am actually old enough to remember seeing these cards in the bargain buckets and display stands of the toymasters in the uk back in the day!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Awesome! I wish I had grabbed some even in the late 90's early 00's because they were still quite affordable!

I got a few more gems in the post this week so will post them up in the acquisitions thread later Smile
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Well said Joe. I`ve been lucky enough to only get stuck with one repro blaster since I started collecting vintage.

When I started collecting vintage back in Nov. of `09 I first became aware of repros. Even then the idea of them baffled me. My thought was "Why would you want fake SW toys?" And Joe I don`t want any cracks about me collecting bootlegs lol! .

Oh and sweet IG-88 Tri. I like that he's right at the head of the line Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 am

About the figures MOC is there anything special that we collectors can look after to ID a recarded or custom carded figurer.

Do they make them so good today so it is impossible to see the difference between an original or a recarded or a custom carded ?

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:26 am

Luckily it still costs a lot of money to reproduce things exactly and most fakes will be spotted in hand, which is at least
useful when buying online where you have the refund policy (ebay)

As far as I know this was probably the most accurate replica MOC - http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=51431

Even so, there are some tell tale signs that this isn't a real figure- but I must admit it looks pretty good from a simple picture.

Be wary but not afraid is the answer, in hand most of these won't get by anyone with access to other MOC, a forum or google to compare pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2