The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! Empty
PostSubject: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey all - What color should the microphones and "flute" be for this set? I've seen black and silver mic's as well as black and gray flutes. I don't know how to post pics from auctions without linking to them. The one I'm looking at has black mic's and a gray flute.

I've seen quite a few variations on different auctions and wondering if these accessories are commonly faked as well. I checked the reference page and didn't see anything for these.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by Sith Noob on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Sith Noob

Have you had a look here? http://www.rebelscum.com/vintaccmisc.asp Should help with your query.Apparently the grey mics variant came with a black flute and the black mics variant came with a grey flute, never all grey or all black.

Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! 5c246fbee0cc
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks - I always check here first. Totally forgot about the RS page. Looks like they come in black and gray.

Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
Thanks - I always check here first. Totally forgot about the RS page. Looks like they come in black and gray.

Thanks for the link!

No probs,glad to help,I actually found this place from RS which i found from a google search lol I'm only new to it all,it can be time consuming trying to research all the bits n peices, I think both sites compliment each other.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
I've seen quite a few variations on different auctions and wondering if these accessories are commonly faked as well. I checked the reference page and didn't see anything for these.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Dallas, yes these have been faked in the past. There was a site called 'reproparts' that were selling 'replacements' of the Rebo band flute and stands moulded both in black and grey.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Hey guys. This is an old thread but I wanted to post an update. Turns out my mic stands for this set were repros. I checked them out originally and they seemed to be ok after comparing them to the TIG reference and RS pics. However, it turns out they are gray plastic painted black. Unfortunately this was discovered by another member here who I sold the set to. I never intended to sell any repros (or even keep any repros in my collection) and I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused. But I'm posting this in hopes that my mistake will help others in the future when dealing with these accessories.

Everything has been worked out with the buyer and if he decides to add this thread I think it will help show the details of the repros.

In any case here are pics of the microphones. I have some better close up pics I can add but I'm having issues with my photo server right now.

Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! DSC05195
Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! DSC05197
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Just to be clear, all is sorted out, and Dallas is a champion amung us Smile

First impression was, that they felt wrong, not plastic at all as we know the weapons are made of. Just strocking a finger across them felt wrong. They feel very light compared to vintage weapons. They snapped just by two fingers and show the true colour and are painted black.

Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! 001
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks Claus. Hopefully this will prove to a useful reference in the future.

Thanks again for your understanding and my honest apology!
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:00 pm

apology fully accepted, Dallas Smile As we talked about this is about aducating ourselfes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Bad luck!

Good that you guys sorted it out. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!   Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sy Snootles accessories? Updated - Repros!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1