The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) Empty
PostSubject: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:38 am

Heads up on this guys, a little while ago there was a huge collection offered for sale on ebay.co.uk of some amazing MOC figures. The auction ended early but the seller put up a facebook link to the items.

Well..the pictures from her facebook album have been stolen and are now being used by a scammer.

Scammers listings - starwarsfiguresforsale

Original listing - Kaye's listing

Original Facebook pictures - Facebook album

Feedbacks coming in on the new account so I think it is safe to say all is ok now!

Last edited by Joe_O on Thu May 05, 2011 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:44 pm

The new sellers claiming to be the EX partner of the original seller , the original seller was contacted so hopefully I can update the thread one way or the other !
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:58 am

New bit of text in the auction:

Quote :
PLease note the payapl address on here is wrong and I cant change it?? The correct one is Parko54@me.com

So..not only will you need to bid on an item from a seller with zero feedback you also have to send your money to a paypal account not registered with the ebay account
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:02 pm

how come the hammer head is going for so much ?
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm

It's one of the rarer 70A trilogo hybrids with a mint bubble.

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
HarrisonSolo
New User
New User
HarrisonSolo

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:

It's one of the rarer 70A trilogo hybrids with a mint bubble.

Jason

Yeah,and this seller says he's got 3! All in exactly the same condition. Nice bubble but the card has some creasing.The photos are not clear enough to judge the exact condition IMO.

It's gone really high though,considering it was only listed yesterday?
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 am

The original job lot from his ex lady had at least 2 in it. Think he's listing all the duplicates to start with. He's not doing himself any favours with a 0 feedback seller id with the wrong paypal address on it. Reeks of scam!

Shocked

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:46 am

Well, Pete from SWF Got word from Kaye that it his her ex- all I would say is good luck to those with enough courage to bid ... Shocked
Back to top Go down
HarrisonSolo
New User
New User
HarrisonSolo

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 am

I'd just like to thank Joe for keeping us informed on this matter.

I wonder if they split when they realised how much £ they could make on these?

One other point, he said he was selling the duplicates off first then the rest as a whole set. But he has listed some figures on ebay that i believe there were no duplicates for?

He also said he was not sure how many Hammerheads he has?

Proceed with extreme caution!

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:11 am

Makes you wonder why she dumped him Laughing
Back to top Go down
HarrisonSolo
New User
New User
HarrisonSolo

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 am

Well the Hammerhead auction has ended..

Frankly I am astonished!

I shouldnt have sold my AFA85 worthy example for £600 a few years back, judging by the ending price!
The one just sold would make an 80 I would say?

So much for people taking caution with a 0 feedback seller!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 am

Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) Hybridhammer
Shocked
Back to top Go down
HarrisonSolo
New User
New User
HarrisonSolo

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 am

I bet the seller nearly p1ssed his pants when it ended! Shocked
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 pm

I would never bid that much for an item from a seller with zero in feedback.

Hope it is not a fake auction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Highest I have seen one sell for, in 2008-2009 they used to sell for $1100+ ungraded (and even that was a lot!)

Mad price on an item from a zero feedback seller especially considering the "pay to another paypal account" thing..

Good luck to all who won items, I hope they turn up Shocked
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Fuck. I knew it was too good to be true. Rolling Eyes

I just saw the seller's "tempting" ebay auctions just now and tuned into TIG to see if anyone new of the seller as his feedback is zero.

Top Banana kudos to Joe for posting the warning

Cheers dude
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:23 am

I'm not sure how Ebay in the UK works, but here in the states, NOW a days when someone sets up a new ebay account and is selling an item, once an auction ends Ebay and Paypal hold on to the money piad until either A: the buyer posts positive feedback or B: 21 days passes by after the auction ends. I could be wrong on the timeframe of the days after though. Could be 30 days?
Back to top Go down
http://terrorgloves.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:27 pm

^^ that's not going to help the buyer that has to send money to a Paypal account NOT registered to the ebay account Shocked
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:32 am

He just listed ANOTHER hybrid Hammerhead which looks almost identical to the first one that went over a grand.

Again - buyer beware, I just hope some genuine feedback lands soon from the buyers Sad
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I really don't understand this seller. If he was a cheater, why does he not want to ship overseas ?

If he would sell outside UK he could get more offers. But maybe it's just a Trick.

I look forward to see if he get some good feedback. If he only ships within UK then it should not take many days with the mail.

And a Feedback from a buyer.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Joe_O wrote:
He just listed ANOTHER hybrid Hammerhead which looks almost identical to the first one that went over a grand.

Again - buyer beware, I just hope some genuine feedback lands soon from the buyers Sad

Agreed mate!

He was offering express delivery so hopefully we'll start seeing some positive feedback any day now!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:59 am

He got 3 positives so far from one person. Looking ok for now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:38 am

Yes it looks good for now.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:06 am

I gotta say I am very surprised but happy for the buyers - at least we know the items are real and are being sent out to the winners!

Good luck to all who win any future figures then, I think I will still sit this all out and watch rather than bid!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:16 am

Wish I lived in the UK for the moment so I could bid :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)   Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay : starwarsfigurseforsale (Looks ok)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next