The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues Empty
PostSubject: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Alright Folks
I've posted some pictures of my Bespin Luke collection, I'm missing a few, like the Liliy Ledy version, and the dark boots European version. I'm wondering if anyone can answer a question for me concerning the country of origin marks on this figure. I'm aware of all the usual, Hong kong small, large, 1 leg, 2 leg, no COO, 1 leg, 2 leg, raised bar etc.
The question is, was there ever a Made In China COO.
A few years ago I saw a Bespin Luke on Ebay. The seller only posted a picture of the figure front, but in his rather detailed description he wrote all the written information on the figures leg, and it said made in China. The figure was not in the greatest condition, and had no weapons, yet it still sold for about £35. I was outbid at the last second, but the price alone clearly shows there was serious interest, and that interest had to be from the China COO marking, because there was no other significant variation present.
Any ideas?
Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues Bespin14
Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues Bespin15
Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues Bespin16
Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues Coo_sh10
P.S If anyone has any questions about any of the figure variations in these photo's feel free to ask.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:51 pm

There isn't one with a china stamp but i think you'll find it refers to
the baggie it came in with china stamped on the baggie. This figure is the brown
hair Luke with 'made in' and blank raised bar, similar but not identical
to the ledy.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Cheers Lee and thanks for looking, only thing is, there was no baggie present in the actual Ebay sale, to be fair I'm fairly confident it was a mistake on his part ( Ebay seller ), it's just that it did seem odd that he made such an effort on all the figures he had for sale to describe them and there printed leg information to make such a mistake.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Thats a great looking set you have there Kahn, give Ozio a shout for a Ledy Luke Bespin, im sure he can help you out
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 am

General it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the seller used one of the many guides online to determine it's origin. I've seem a few auctions where the seller, maybe not a SW collector, even references the site or sites they used. Maybe he looked up "Luke Bespin Variations" and stumbled onto a site, saw the COO match the variation labeled "China" and went with that. Easy enough to beleive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 am

General, those are some nice variants! Good looking figures. Thanks for posting. (Sorry I can't help with your question - I'm just here to observe and learn).
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 pm

I did not know there was so many variants of this figure, nice to know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Gorgeous collection. Easily one of my favorite figures!
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 pm

A very well presented overview of Bespin Lukes, good work General! Very Happy

The blond Luke, 2nd row, 2nd from the left: any idea on what card he was released? Which COO he has?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
The blond Luke, 2nd row, 2nd from the left: any idea on what card he was released? Which COO he has?
#5 on the COO guide - ESB-g baggies Shocked Cool

Rog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues   Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1