The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:47 am

Lots of pics, LL on the left. I appologise for the quality of the pics. i did them on my phone and I did my best with what I have. Face appears a lighter colour to the std emp figure and the plastic does look ever so slightly darker.

How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 21x2yg
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 2v8if5y
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 969ahl
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 Zlrwvm
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 E9itf5
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 2gsh8qe
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 2zoakco
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 334nek5
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 2qn15kl
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Heres my LL Emperor

How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 Ll_emperor_2

Note the side of head injection mould mark and the elbow bump, the Datestamp is very clear to read, he was bought from Mexico and comes with the correct LL black staff

Last edited by Cobra_UK on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 pm

So according to Rob's pictures Ledy Emperors can have those elbow marks , and to me (untrained eye I know) the COO markings are quite similar to James's earlier pictured Emperor with the injection mark on the side of the head.

So..do injection marks on the side of the head and elbow marks exist on any other origin Emperor or does James actually have a Ledy Emperor ?

Gustie was the person who told me that the injection mark on the side meant 100% Ledy.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Joe - thats now assuming mine IS a LL Emperor, i had no reason to doubt it but there are some variants appearing of all kinds of figures that are Ledy so we need some real hard confirmation of all LL Emperors, i guess there will be some differences with these as there are with other Ledy variants. More homework needed.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Who did you buy it from Rob?

Sure its not a doubtful source if its one of the Mexican RS users?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:57 pm

I managed to get a Mexican guy on ebay to end his auction (hehe), i dont think he is on RS though.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Mine has the injection mark but the bump is very faint if not there. My kenner emperor has an injection mold mark in the centre of the top of the head. I really do believe the figure I bought is ledy as:
It appears to have lighter paint on the face and hands
It has the injection mark in the correct place
The feet peg holes for the bigger font are central (Which they lie towards the back on a non ledy)
The paint appears a shade darker

These all stack up to be ledy. But im with you Joe. We do need a lot more definative figures than these so we can add an accurate reference on the Loose ledy thread.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm

[quote="Ronniebiggs"]Mine has the injection mark but the bump is very faint if not there.
It appears to have lighter paint on the face and hands
It has the injection mark in the correct place
The feet peg holes for the bigger font are central (Which they lie towards the back on a non ledy)
The paint appears a shade darker

These all stack up to be ledy.

Sorry I will say this, a Kenner version with the large font COO, has side injection mark on head, central foot peg holes, large eyes like a Ledy but is not Ledy!! (& has the sharp COO)- this is the basic small eye vs large eye emperor variation.
Stu can you confirm the figure with the mark on the inside of the arm (like Rob's) is Ledy or not?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:48 pm

The yellow eye paint also appears very pale in comparision to some, the eye paint on mine looks the same as Stu's but lets see what Stu says, anyone else got a Ledy emperor for more comparison shots?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:51 am

The problem with certain LL Figures is there are European no COO and other variants that look dam similar.

This is why each figure for this guide needs to be properly researched and discussed where necessary imo.

If there is an emperor that is very close to a LL but is not LL but another variation then that needs to be photographed and added to the guide as well.

Its this reason i wouldnt buy an emperor myself unless it was complete with the black LL Chirpa Staff.

Jay
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 am

Mine came with the black LL staff Jay, doesnt mean the figure is a Ledy tho (bloody better be mind haha), yes more research is needed, threads like this are good for bringing them out into the open Smile

It would be a good idea to have a seperate thread for each Ledy figure, then people can add new variants/discoveries/additions to the growing comparison shots, would show the sites research history in motion too Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:36 am

I agree.

Im thinking the figure is LL as it has to many similarities to the LL described. We do need to find something unique to the LL that we can definativley be able to say yes or no. I would have to say that this figure must be the hardest to positivley identify as a true ledy.
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 am

It really is a tough one with the Emperor.
I'm just waiting on some replies from other Ledy collectors about the side
injection molding and the different sculpt to the elbow.

I'll let you know when I get some responses lads.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks looking forward to it Smile
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Just heard back from Cristian who is the Ledy Guru...

Emperor Ledy
Shiny paint on face
Lighter yellow on eyes
and the most important on this figure, one of the Kenner figure is very similar on mold but in the LFL1984 letters Ledy letters are kind of little bit blurred or not very well definite those letters

Just seeing if I can attach his photos
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 pm

burnsy wrote:
Just heard back from Cristian who is the Ledy Guru...

and the most important on this figure, one of the Kenner figure is very similar on mold but in the LFL1984 letters Ledy letters are kind of little bit blurred or not very well definite those letters

ie. NOT LEDY- there are 2 Kenner like this
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 SDC11162
Ledy
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 SDC11163
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:28 am

Are these Cristians photos or yours James?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 am

Mine
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:31 am

Looks like im due a refund for my Emperor then
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 am

Cobra_UK wrote:
Looks like im due a refund for my Emperor then
I would like to confirm the 4th variation of this figure first. There is the small font, LL & 2 x Kenner large font. I only have 1 of the Kenner large fonts and I want to see if it is different to Stu's. Rob your emperor's eyes are the paler yellow? So I am still not 100% about your's & Andy's. Note: the German thread & the other site with the carded & loose figure pics both show the less detailed leg markings. Wolff I'm using your picture:
How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 Emperor7
The difference between 2&3 is the spacing between L & copyright. It looks like Andy has 2, Rob's, mine & Stu's are 3. And Stu & I have 4 Razz
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:04 am

off to get my emperor and see wich i have How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 am

The Emperor is coming here?
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:19 am

i thinkit's gonna be 1 or 3 that i got

btw question for tho loose variation collectors

does anyone of your emperor's have one circle on each of the inside of the sleave i mean in the area where the hands come out ( space is triangle form and i should be in the top)

mine has
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:

does anyone of your emperor's have one circle on each of the inside of the sleave i mean in the area where the hands come out ( space is triangle form and i should be in the top)

mine has
space is triangle form and i should be in the top :scratch: unsure C'mon Jimmy have another go at that please Razz
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:42 am

aussiejames wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

mine has
space is triangle form and i should be in the top :scratch: unsure C'mon Jimmy have another go at that please Razz

euh , step 1 take your emperor

step 2 put his hands in the air and try looking inside his sleave's ( you can't btw )

that space is in the form of a triangle and theire is where you have to look

sorry bro iam at work for another halfhour then i can go take a pic of this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)   How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Much approx? (Lili Ledy Emperor)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next