The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] Empty
PostSubject: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:46 pm

This thread is where you can post answers, discuss theories, etc..

Just some brain teasers I made up. There is a logical answer for each. No scratch paper for the math. Good luck!!

1) What number is the square root of one quater of twenty five percent of one half of 8 cubed?

Spoiler:

2) Which of these doesnt belong, and why

Elephant
Rooster
Llama
Baseball
Cashier

Spoiler:

3) I like 584 but not 585. I like 755 but not 763. Which number will I like, and why

Spoiler:

4) Fill in the next two numbers in this sequence 6 3 9 6 18 15 45 42 ? ?

Spoiler:

5) If you count from 1 to 99 , how many 9's will you see in total?

Spoiler:

6) Identify a pattern so the correct words finishes this statement. "A Bat can defy existing fixed gravity ___________________" . Explain your choice

A) by using the wind.
B) , hence its joy.
C) and float forever.
D) , and soar for hours.

Spoiler:

7) It takes 3 eggs to make 2 Sandwiches. If you need to make nine times as many sandwiches as half of a third of two dozen, how many eggs so you need?

Spoiler:

8.) Winston is 3 times as old as Ben. In 25yrs he will be twice Ben's age. 15yrs ago he was 6 times Ben's age. How old are Ben and Winston today?

Spoiler:

9) If you walk 4 miles forward , then 3 miles right, whats the shortest distance you can walk to arrive back at your original spot?

Spoiler:

10) Look at the equations below. What goes in place of ?? and why?

12 > 18 < 93
42 > 54 < 87
33 > 61 < 49
24 > ?? < 98

A) 43
B) 47
C) 22
D) 54

Spoiler:

So How'd YOU do

Last edited by Darthberizing on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:35 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Got answers ready for 7 of the 10, between serving customers...
Off to football now, i'll ponder the other 3 teasers whilst i'm chasing people around & kicking them!!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:10 pm

1- 4
2- Llama ends in a vowel?? EDIT or elephant (3 syllables)

Last edited by aussiejames on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 pm

9. 5miles (3,4,5 traingle)
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 pm

6. B (abcdefg hij)
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:15 pm

5. 20
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:30 am

I have answer to this=quantem lol! drinking
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:45 am

AJ...pm your answers m8!!!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:53 am

1) 8
2) Llama....2 vowels only
3)
4)
5)20
6)B Alpahabet
7)54
8)75 +25
9)5
10)
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 am

unsure
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:29 am

12 > 18 < 93 1+2 = 3 1+8 = 9 0 difference (adding digits of 1st number to make last digit of third number)
(adding digits of 2nd number to make 1st digit of third number)
42 > 54 < 87 4+2 = 6 5+4 = 9 difference 2 +/-
33 > 61 < 49 3+3 = 6 6+1 = 7 difference 3 +/-
24 > ?? < 98 so 2+4 = 6 which is 2 down (-) from 8 2 up from 9 is 11. 4+7 is 11

A) 43
B) 47
C) 22
D) 54

ANSWER is B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:55 am

4) Fill in the next two numbers in this sequence 6 3 9 6 18 15 45 42 ? ?

126, 123

6-3=3 3+3+3=9 9-3=6 6+6+6=18 18-3=15 15+15+15=45 45-3=42 42+42+42=126 126-3= 123
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:58 am

Like that one AJ....i had worked out the -3 bit earlier, but didn't get any further.
No idea what you are going on about with the previous post tho m8!!!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:28 am

Tank1252 wrote:

No idea what you are going on about with the previous post tho m8!!!

It's meant to not make sense- It's my smoke screen answer, cos no idea what the real one is Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:59 am

Shows i'm paying attention.....
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:13 am

12 > 18 < 93
42 > 54 < 87
33 > 61 < 49
24 > ?? < 98

A) 43
B) 47
C) 22
D) 54

adding digits together you get
3 > 9 < 12
6 > 9 < 15
6 > 7 < 13

swap > for +, < for =
6 + ?? = 17

Answer is still B study
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:32 am

Guys

I split up the thread so there is a question only thread, and this is now the answer thread!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:40 am

Darthberizing wrote:
this is now the answer thread!
well who got 1 & 2 correct ? & what's the answer to 3? Suspect tongue

more than 2 from a prime number geek 980
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 am

Im posting answers , in spoilers form , in the original thread up top! I'll have it done by end of today
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:03 am

Couldnt wait. All answers are in the OP as spoilers. The explanation is just as important as the answer.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:14 am

[quote="aussiejames
well who got 1 & 2 correct ? & what's the answer to 3? Suspect tongue

[/quote]

Whos on second? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 am

980 is the answer. The digits in the numbers add to 17
What ??? you like 765 that adds uo to 18.

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:32 am

Hey you write this in one pass and see how you do LOL

Fixed it in the OP

Sorry about that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]   Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darthberizings Brain Teasers - Enter......IF YOU DARE [ANSWERS AND DISCUSSION]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1