The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Humble mainly loose vintage collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stealthboy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
stealthboy

Humble mainly loose vintage collection Empty
PostSubject: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Been into this since a kid, but I've never really gone gung-ho into completeness like some of you all! I have a full loose collection of 93+1 (blue snag), and have most vehicles and playsets. Setting up my Star Wars room some more these days, so I have a few pics. Made a custom case for the loose set display:

Humble mainly loose vintage collection DHIJx

Humble mainly loose vintage collection PfY2t

Will post some more of the whole room soon... technically it's another guest room so I get to use Star Wars sheets on the bed Smile.

Edit: Some more pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/stealthboy/VintageStarWarsCollection#
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Vintage Star Wars is never humble it's great Smile
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Nice. I like the angle of the pics.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 am

Really nice collection- please put the images from your link in this thread- its nice to see them all in one place Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 am

Man I like that setup! Really nice ,crisp and clean! An OCD SW collectors dream!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 am

The custom display looks great and a cool photo angle too Cool look forward to some pics of the 'guest room' lol
Back to top Go down
stealthboy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
stealthboy

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 pm

A few around the room so far (still moving stuff around, but this gives a sense of the space)

Humble mainly loose vintage collection 4CPsH

Humble mainly loose vintage collection FVSYT

Humble mainly loose vintage collection WgMRt
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Holy cow!!! My inner 9yr old just tried to climb through the screen!!!

Man it looks awesome. That is EVERY kids dream room.

Really well done !
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

WOW!

That room is the dogs bollocks,great collection & nicely displayed too! Cool
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Great looking room there stelthboy, would of loved one of them when I was a Kid Very Happy come to think about it I'd love one of them now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:47 am

wow great new pics! The guest room is like a time capsule and if you ever advertise for a lodger I'm sure you'll get lots of applicants lol. Nice work and thanks for sharing. Cool
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:17 am

welcome

What an excellent display mate and thanks for sharing!

If I was admin I would strike-through the word "humble" and write "Awesome".

Your decorating & display skills are amazing. I love the little finishing touches with the POTF figures framed with their coins.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 am

echo Smile

great display! the playsets and shuttles look like they're ready to play with, i love it!
nice counterweight to all the locked-up-in-a-case-cuz-you're-preciousssss bling we see in other limelights Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
vialli
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vialli

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Stealthboy I take my hat off to you, that room is quality. A superb collection really well displayed but not so it looks too busy.
Nice one mate. Wink
Back to top Go down
stealthboy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
stealthboy

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Wow, thanks for all the thoughts guys! I've added a new display table for all my Micro Collection, so I'll try to get a picture of that on here soon enough. Sure, it's not all locked up in cases, but I'll tell you, dusting it all is quite a job. Very Happy

Thanks again for the kind words. It's been fun getting back into this!
Back to top Go down
stealthboy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
stealthboy

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Re-arranged some things and finished my Micro Collection display case. Added a few new shelves. I love the glass case I got at Ikea - it's perfect and fits the entire set of Micros. The top-mounted light is a nice bonus Wink. Oh, and also applied UV film to the windows - I recommend this for anyone displaying loose items - sunlight is your enemy!

Humble mainly loose vintage collection DSC_1223

Humble mainly loose vintage collection DSC_1222
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Spectacular! Shocked
Back to top Go down
vialli
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vialli

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Top stuff there Stealthboy, some nice additions to the room. Those Ikea glass cabinets are just the job aren't they, i've got a couple of them myself for my loose vintage collection and think they look great.
Well done mate, very nice indeed.
Back to top Go down
stealthboy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
stealthboy

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:39 am

Finally finished the glass front to my wall-mounted custom cabinet. Hinges at the top for opening the case, with an optional locking latch at the bottom.

Humble mainly loose vintage collection UMeGt
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:08 am

Stealthboy,

I took some time to go through all the pics in your Picasa vintage album.

I totally enjoyed watching them: the micro collection, the custom glass cabinet with 96 loose figures, the 12-backs, the little display with C-3PO and R2-D2, etc.

The perspective of some of your pics made the scenes come to life very much. For instance the pics below.

Humble mainly loose vintage collection DSC_1216

Humble mainly loose vintage collection S640

The important question is now, how to book that room for one night? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
JohnWalsh
New User
New User
JohnWalsh

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Thank you for sharing. Totally awesome display. The set up of the room rocks. Can't wait to see it grow even more.
Back to top Go down
Baytrooper
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Your room looks awesome! I agree with whoever said this was a 9 year old's dream room!

We haev similar cases and I also used a detolf for the Micro Collection. It really is perfect isn't it?

Well Done!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Cool setup man! I also like the last 17 you have framed with their coins. Cool idea!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Michael: What a great update to your amazing bedroom.

The finished figure case is brilliant and I can stop looking through all the photos in your picasso album. I wish I had a display room like. It the one of the best I have ever seen. It reminded me of the old palitoy advert I saw as a kid with all the ships on display in the bedroom.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:31 am

cool love the display
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humble mainly loose vintage collection   Humble mainly loose vintage collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Humble mainly loose vintage collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next