The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My humble little loose Star Wars collection.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

My humble little loose Star Wars collection. Empty
PostSubject: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 am

Hi, am new to collecting. Been collecting over a month..don't have Budget for carded figures, so I only  catered for a handful of carded figures as the weapons are either hard to find or most weapons out there are repro, or unable to find a good loose piece(r2 popup, luke stormtrooper, awing). I started this collection acquiring 39 common figures from a TOP collector who had plenty of loose figures to let go, condition so-so with original weapons.                                                                                                                                                   Next I met another collector who had most of the other figures, but a ton of repro weapons. I had to spend days researching in imperial gunnery and making frequent trips to his place to get all the original weapons in their right released Colour. Most commonly spotted are the painted ewok weapons, repro warok bows, awings blue gun, which I gave up and bought a beater card, luke stormtroopers black gun, which I gave up and bought another beater card, r2 popup which I had to buy a carded as I couldn't tell a repro from the real thing.                                                             Next I found another collector who had tons of afa graded loose figures and I bought a handful from him, but learnt the hard way when one of the luke jedi, the blue sabre one, came with a blue repro sabre, even though it was graded, as it had a rounded hilt, I was shocked. Had to order a real one from eBay, even the luke stormtrooper afa graded loose came with the wrong black gun, so I had to get a carded luke stormie. hardest weapon to come by was the yellow lightsaber for bespin luke, tons or repros out there with the painted sabre or rounded hilt. had to buy the two bespin Lukes with original saber for 80 each, I Guess the Sabres are worth more than the figure. another hard weapon to come by was the black rebel blaster for hansolo trenchcoat. Had to buy one for 30 dollars. This is 40 days of collecting. Hopefully more to come. I tried to keep my Budget under 3 thousand.My humble little loose Star Wars collection. Img_5712
My humble little loose Star Wars collection. Img_5710
My humble little loose Star Wars collection. Img_5711
My humble little loose Star Wars collection. Img_5713
My humble little loose Star Wars collection. Img_5715
My humble little loose Star Wars collection. Img_5714
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Coming along nicely. I see you have some McDonald's nuggets in one cabinet, had these myself as a kid. What are the figure above the rancors? Some kind of monster line it looks like, and above the pic with the carded panel and blue snag-, there are figures with only their feet showing, what are they? Feel free to share info on those lines in the off topic section if you want. Sometimes it is fun to see other stuff we collect and you can see lots of different toy lines down there.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks!! Above the rancors (galoob trash bag bunch from the 80s), above the carded panel( fist of North Star Japanese 3.75 inch figures)Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Crazy busy 40 days Shocked
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:28 pm

I actually collect xmen comics!! I have posted 54 years of x-men comics in the other off topic section under "does anyone else collect comics"Smile)yes 40 days have been fun collecting Star Wars figures!! Had the most educational and trying time trying to hunt down all the Star Wars weapons!!! Thanks to the IG site, I myself have become quite a master at identifying repro as well as wrong coloured weapons!! Now my Star Wars troopers guard my comics with their lives!! My comics are behind the figures:))
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Awesome collection you have there. Love the X-man stuff as well. Comics are always one of those cool things to collect my wife has a huge Archie collection. I have a few that I collect mainly the old war type ones.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:09 pm

that's a nice collection for a short time collecting
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks!! It was sure tough to get the original weapons for everyone...
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 7:50 am

Nice!!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My humble little loose Star Wars collection.   My humble little loose Star Wars collection. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My humble little loose Star Wars collection.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1