The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 am

Howdy fellow Vintage Star Wars collectors,

I'm Chancellor_Peter from the Rebel Scum forums signing up in this forum thanks to Shawn K's invitation (some months ago Wink Looking forward to interact with fellow collectors of the Vintage Kenner STAR WARS toyline, esp those who collects the 1985 Vintage POTF aluminium Collectors Coin.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:45 am

Hi Peter Smile

I recognise you from RS, good to see you here and still collecting!

Any limelight to show us of your stuff? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:53 am

Thanks for the welcome Joe, another familiar name Wink

Yes I'm still collecting Vintage Star Wars, albeit at a slower pace. I just need 2 to 3 more Mint In Box Vehicles and Playsets and I'm done for my RETURN OF THE JEDI Collection. Here is a sample pic of my "Class of 1980" Vintage Kenner THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK collection ... Wink

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) Classof1980Collectionedited

and the ocassional photography that I do with my loose Vintage Star Wars figure and their corresponding Vintage POTF Collector's Coin

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) 11460_190304393405_681648405_2943403_8061268_n
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:00 am

Wow nice !

That's the definition of mint right there!

I think I recall you giving me a lesson on photography on RS many years ago after I blinded everyone with my pictures full of flash lol
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 am

Joe_O wrote:
Wow nice !

That's the definition of mint right there!

I think I recall you giving me a lesson on photography on RS many years ago after I blinded everyone with my pictures full of flash lol

Thanks Joe Smile Most of them are back in storage now at the moment. My current focus is more on props and costuming as you can see I'm actually the Sandtrooper running across the beach on my Avatar picture. Smile

Really? Let me recall were you the one who took picture of his Vintage Star Wars loose Ewok figure collection? 🐰
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:22 am

LOL! Nobody forgets the Ewoks Embarassed *guilty of an Ewok collection*

Shhh Peter I don't want everyone to know Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:23 am

Welcome to TIG, Peter Smile I love your 'class of 1980' photo, and that's a great sandtrooper costume too! You might like to check out this recent thread for props and replicas:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2328-sw-props-and-replica-sare-there-any-other-collectors-here-on-the-board-beside-me

Enjoy your stay here cheers
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:27 am

welcome Are you in K.L? The sample pic is rather impressive. Hopefully soon your collection comes back out of storage & we can see what other goodies you have Smile

Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:35 am

Joe_O wrote:
LOL! Nobody forgets the Ewoks Embarassed *guilty of an Ewok collection*

Joe who can forget your new Vintage Star Wars "Chirok" vaiant? Laughing If you recall I posted my RETURN OF THE JEDI Endor themed group picture in response,

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) EwokandEndorRebels2A

Note : All original Ewok bows and no repros in this picture. Smile

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Welcome to TIG, Peter Smile I love your 'class of 1980' photo, and that's a great sandtrooper costume too! You might like to check out this recent thread for props and replicas:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2328-sw-props-and-replica-sare-there-any-other-collectors-here-on-the-board-beside-me

Enjoy your stay here cheers

Thank you for the welcome "Artoo_Detour" aka Paul. Thanks for the compliments on my Class of 1980 photo group and Sandtrooper suit. The latter is still in progress as my next item to complete its the Desert Backpack worn the Sandtrooper Officer (played by Anthony Forrest), but I'm getting there alright.

Ah good to know there there is this SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? thread here. I'll check it out. Smile

You wouldn't be related to Artoo-Defour as shown here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/carbon_copies/4846271189/sizes/m/in/photostream would you? Wink

aussiejames wrote:
welcome Are you in K.L? The sample pic is rather impressive. Hopefully soon your collection comes back out of storage & we can see what other goodies you have Smile

AussieJames, another RebelScummer! Very Happy Yes I'm based in KL and thanks for your kind words. I really hope so given time as due to shifting back in late 2006 many things have been packed up in storage.

Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 am

Joe, James and Paul, I invite you to head over to view my new post at the Limelighting section :

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK inspired action figure photography =)

Do let me know what you guys think over at that thread. Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 am

welcome Peter! Very Happy

I love your ESB vehicles & playsets,they're in mint condition! Cool
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:36 am

Hi Peter and welcome

Very good picts and very well taken !!! i like them

Cheers

J
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:46 am

Welcome Peter. Nice collection of ESB. Can't wait to see the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:39 pm

welcome to TIG Peter its great to have you here!

Fantastic items btw bro and the quality of your pics is top notch!

If you ever getting chance to share some of your pic taking techniques we have a photography techniques thread here - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t137-photography-techniques-thread?highlight=photography

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Glad to see you finally joined up Peter! welcome

We've got a few coin collectors here that would love to discuss them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Welcome Peter, enjoy your stay here! welcome

I liked that little Luke-Wampa photo comic in the other thread very much, hope you will post more of such pics in the future.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 am

DarthStanley wrote:
welcome Peter! Very Happy

I love your ESB vehicles & playsets,they're in mint condition! Cool

DarthStanley, thank you for the welcome. Glad that you like the pictures of my TESB boxed vehicles and playsets. Everything you see in ungraded because I don't believe in that stuff that takes the fun out of Vintage Star Wars collecting - that's just my personal stand on this matter.

I have seen the video of your impressively displayed Vintage Star Wars collection that you've posted up in YouTube at : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZDb_lRnJeQ

I will view it from time to time to draw inspiration on how I ought to set up permanent displays to showcase my Vintage Star Wars collection pieces Smile

javiswspain wrote:
Hi Peter and welcome

Very good picts and very well taken !!! i like them

Cheers

J

Chris_J wrote:
Welcome Peter. Nice collection of ESB. Can't wait to see the rest.

Thank you the welcomes Javi and Chris. I'll post up the other pics that I've taken of my Vintage TESB boxed collection on an ongoing basis so no worries about that Smile

Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:49 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

welcome to TIG Peter its great to have you here!

Fantastic items btw bro and the quality of your pics is top notch!

If you ever getting chance to share some of your pic taking techniques we have a photography techniques thread here - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t137-photography-techniques-thread?highlight=photography

Cheers Jay

Jay, thanks for your kind words and the url link to the photography techniques thread. I'll certainly visit this thread, and whenever time permits, elaborate on the methods that I've used to take pictures of my collection, brief movie scenes and Action Figure-Vehicle-Playset vignettes. Smile

Dr Dengar wrote:

Welcome Peter, enjoy your stay here! welcome

I liked that little Luke-Wampa photo comic in the other thread very much, hope you will post more of such pics in the future.

Dr Dengar (interesting forum ID, btw!) appreciate your welcome message. I have another set, also inspired by THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, which is in the works. This will be a compilation of the scenes where Han Solo went riding off into the sub-zero freezing temperatures of Hoth searching for Luke Skywalker. Moreover this photoset will also demonstrate how nicely the modern Hasbro action figure accessories go together with the Vintage Kenner Star Wars line. Here is a teaser picture of my forthcoming photo set Wink

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) 69400_443988528405_681648405_5273234_4457738_n

"....as it runs, the Tauntaun's legs kick up large clouds of snow and ice into the snowy air."
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 am

Hi Peter,

Interesting cliff hanger, can't wait to see Han cutting Taun Taun's belly with Luke's lightsaber. Angry SW

Do you also collect modern stuff? There is a small thread hidden in TIG's Outer Rim to show off your modern stuff as well.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:17 am

Hey Peter! nice to see you here Smile
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:30 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Peter,

Interesting cliff hanger, can't wait to see Han cutting Taun Taun's belly with Luke's lightsaber. Angry SW

Do you also collect modern stuff? There is a small thread hidden in TIG's Outer Rim to show off your modern stuff as well.

Dr Dengar, yes a cliff hanger very like those old school B&W Flash Gordon serials. Wink I will post my pictures up on my THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK inspired action figure photography =) thread after the picture are ready and the "movie-like" lightsaber effects Angry SW have been added to enhance their presentation. The ambience of this forthcoming photo set will be made to match the evening skies of Hoth's freezing outdoors when Han Solo's search and rescue mission took place.

Yes I do collect the modern Hasbro offerings on a selective basis. They serve a specific purpose for my Vintage Star Wars photo sets - background characters in the Mos Eisley Cantina, guards & aliens in Jabba's Palace and obscure Droids that are seen in Episodes IV to VI. Smile Oh yes there are also characters from the Anchorhead deleted scenes such as Fixer, Camie and Biggs Darklighter plus Luke's T-16 Incom Skyhopper. :cool laugh: Thanks for that url link to the modern Hasbro section this forum. It appears that it is not as prominent as in good o' Rebel Scum forums. Laughing

Carl Waterworth wrote:
Hey Peter! nice to see you here Smile

Hi Carl, thanks for the welcome and be sure to add me as your contact over here at TIG forums too. Wink

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:37 am

Welcome to the forum Peter.

Your Jedi boxed items are amazing, really minty mint. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Joe, another familiar name Wink

Yes I'm still collecting Vintage Star Wars, albeit at a slower pace. I just need 2 to 3 more Mint In Box Vehicles and Playsets and I'm done for my RETURN OF THE JEDI Collection. Here is a sample pic of my "Class of 1980" Vintage Kenner THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK collection ... Wink

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) Classof1980Collectionedited

and the ocassional photography that I do with my loose Vintage Star Wars figure and their corresponding Vintage POTF Collector's Coin

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) 11460_190304393405_681648405_2943403_8061268_n

WOW!!!! ........ forget l'oreaal products for men and all that anti aging cream (hmm there's a thought, would rubbing vintage items in anti aging cream help keep the in good shape???) I've just lost 30 years with one click of a mouse!!! seeing that ESB pic has me feeling like an 8 yr old again.... "I want, i want i want...and i want it NOW" ..... Peter I salute you! and all the other minters out there.
:clap: absolutely stunning stuff :clap:
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:12 am

burnsy wrote:
Welcome to the forum Peter.

Your Jedi boxed items are amazing, really minty mint. Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome burnsys. Smile Your vision of the future is strong in the Force, as I'll be taking pictures of my boxed Vintage Kenner RETURN OF THE JEDI collection, in the near future. At the meantime, do enjoy my viewing my present EMPIRE STRIKES BACK collection pieces. Smile

Nelg_Semaj wrote:
WOW!!!! ........ forget l'oreaal products for men and all that anti aging cream (hmm there's a thought, would rubbing vintage items in anti aging cream help keep the in good shape???) I've just lost 30 years with one click of a mouse!!! seeing that ESB pic has me feeling like an 8 yr old again.... "I want, i want i want...and i want it NOW" ..... Peter I salute you! and all the other minters out there.
:clap: absolutely stunning stuff :clap:

You're welcome Glen. Very Happy I'm glad to have helped bring you back to the point of time when you were an 8 year old looking at those fabulous EMPIRE STRIKES BACK items that used to adorn the shelves of your local toy shop / toys department. :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:27 am

Fellow TIG forumers, you can also view some of my earlier pictures - scanned pictures of my boxed Vintage STAR WARS collection. Just click onto the image of my 1979 Kenner Special Offer STAR WARS Action Display Stand here :

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) ContentsofPictureBoxedDisplay

and you will be taken to my earlier RebelScum forum thread, inwhich I shared my pictures with the active RS community circa late 2003. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)   Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Outer Rim Territories =)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1