The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darth vader 12 back question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Joe_O wrote:
It worries me less to know you are thinking of other women whilst married than plastic figures Wolff lol Laughing

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

:noooooo: :noooooo: :noooooo: :noooooo:

Of course only plastic figures....yeah...lets see your coo baby!!!!! :Drool:
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm

LOL!!!!!

Forgot to say that I pulled his saber down with some metal wire trough the gap at the bottom of the moc.
Turn out he has a lettered saber with an "R" on it.
So if I'm correct one of the early ones.

This off topic discussion is kind off cool cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi All

I'm sorry that i am late to this thread.

Can i check was the figure removed and then put back in when it was resealed? I think there is a possibility that a different Vader could have been placed into the MOC.

This is the first wide stance i have ever seen on a SW Card.

You can find Vaders with Wider Stances naturally but the were released further down the line.

Regarding the saber yes early SW MOC Vaders had letters on the hilt but so did some of the ESB issues as well.

Is it possible that a different Vader not a 12 Back was placed onto this reseal? I know many people mix and match Vader with different Sabers and Capes to make mint examples without thinking about the fact the Sabers and Cape's differently greatly and are unique to specific variants.

Here is a picture of my loose Vader run note all of these Vaders are different variants and each has the correct corresponding Saber and Cape - You should be able to see the variations between the stances across all the variants as well.

Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 VaderVariants

Cheers Jay

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:54 pm

jay...be cool...read up....every f+++ vader can have a wide stance!!! Its just a curiosity.....nothing else! No variant...no special figure!

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:22 pm

wbobafett wrote:
jay...be cool...read up....every f+++ vader can have a wide stance!!! Its just a curiosity.....nothing else! No variant...no special figure!

Im always cool pirat

Show me a picture of a 12 back MOC (Not reseal) with a Vader with a wide stance as i have yet to find one (I'm not saying they don't exist at all) however the flip side is by the time you get to Tri Logo, POTF and ROTJ MOC's many of the Vaders (in those MOC's have wider stances). Believe me i have a lot of Vader MOC pictures saved to reference from Smile

The Vaders i have with Wide stances have totally unique COO's Features, Sabers, Capes etc to the other Vaders i own i certainly didn't collect them because they just had a wide stance Wink

Its worth noting that part of the lines natural transition from SW to POTF was the stances became much wider.

I think this picture illustrates this well -

Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 SWPOTFStancesevolution

Of course factors such as quality control at the factories can play a part etc in MOC cases and loose figures can have the stance widened pretty easy with the hot water method etc but over the line there was a movement from a narrow stance to a wide stance. This didn't just apply to new figures released but later variants of older figures. As mentioned in this thread figures such as the snowtrooper has specific COO variants that have wider stances.

By the time POTF2 rolled around in the Mid 90's some of the figures were practically doing the splits lol its funny how the newest lines have went back to a more realistic stand these days its kinda went full circle.

Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:52 pm

I know what you mean...alll the way around.....but:

There is no vader wide atnsce realted to a specail coo! Seriously...thats a simple: NO!

I have all coos with a normal stance!

As I said...this whole. "this is a mold thing" confuses people. Its a simple no! There is differnet reasons for a wide stance (if its not truely mold). And there is lots of them...but they are indeed never a variant....POINT!

Dont be confused...you can save 1000 12 backs...and there still could be one with wide stance. We are talking about mass production pieces which can have millions of different historys and defects!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:50 am

The vader was never removed said alex to me,THE heatseal poped during shipping in THE right corner.
Not enough to remove THE figure so alex resealed it with 3M sprayglue.
So he is certain about the moc and figure bwing original.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:05 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

Here is a picture of my loose Vader run note all of these Vaders are different variants and each has the correct corresponding Saber and Cape - You should be able to see the variations between the stances across all the variants as well.

Cheers Jay

Hi Jay,

Impressing line-up. You plan to have these variants described one day with their corresponding sabers and capes?

Which figures belong to your top-3 (in random order)?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:

Cheers Jay

Hi Jay,

Impressing line-up. You plan to have these variants described one day with their corresponding sabers and capes?

Which figures belong to your top-3 (in random order)?

Yeah Jay im folloowing docs statment in this!
as a vader fetischist please do give some info on youre vader line up bow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth vader 12 back question   Darth vader 12 back question - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darth vader 12 back question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2