The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:24 pm

A double sided Milky Way ad with a remote control R2-D2 from PIF 652

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00510
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:06 pm

That milyway ad is just great Cool
Skywalkerhu, I'll send you a PM with the few issues I still need, cheers man.
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:55 pm

PIF 717, page 12
in the center of the picture there is a opened box of a Millenium Falcon
under the table Smile)))

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00511
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:27 pm

tha pair for this last one
with the falcon box in the middle again
from PIF 716

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00512
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:19 am

Love those old photos with all the toys everywhere, I was surprised at the size of the huge Castle Grayskull box! That Nöel 1982 pic is the one I use for my blog header Very Happy

I've picked up a few French ads recently but thought I'd share this cool 1980 one from Pif 613.

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Pif_6110
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:45 am

wow trippy!

floating heads in space, uranium-leak falcon cockpit and a vader nebula!

some AD got stuck on lsd, i think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:01 pm

I was thinking the same with those trippy floating heads!

Here's another I picked up recently, Motta sweepstakes ad...

At first I was very susipicious of the object standing between R2 and Leia... but I'm sure it's just the control unit for R2? Rolling Eyes

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Pif_ga10

Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:08 pm

682, 684, 686 are here too!

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00710

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00711

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00712

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00713

but what the bloody hell are those motta logos in the mittle of the saynettes?
they wasnt mentioned in stephanes book!
artoo, pls help me!
i dont really like these versions...

Sad

Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:21 pm

here are two different versions from here:

http://swguide.chez.com/meccano/idxscene.htm

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Scene06Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Scene07

but who knows, which pif has which version of them? :/
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:52 pm

a small bonus from 765:

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00714
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

skywalkerhu wrote:

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00713

but what the bloody hell are those motta logos in the mittle of the saynettes?
they wasnt mentioned in stephanes book!
artoo, pls help me!
i dont really like these versions...

Sad

lol! bloody ice cream ads all over me SW ads!

I was also wondering the same recently when i came across a couple of these versions. They are variations? Lol.
I think the Motta ice cream sweepstakes/promotions appeared quite a few times - in other SW ads too - Stéphane only included the 'non-motta' ads in his book... I agree, they look better without.
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:05 pm

[/quote]

Stéphane only included the 'non-motta' ads in his book... I agree, they look better without. [/quote]

and where has he found them???
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 6:07 pm

"Stéphane only included the 'non-motta' ads in his book... I agree, they look better without.
and where has he found them???"

maybe those pics were taken from a Mickey Mouse magazine?

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:39 am

skywalkerhu wrote:

"Stéphane only included the 'non-motta' ads in his book... I agree, they look better without.

I don't think so. I believe all the ESB scenes ads came from Pif Gadget. My copy of the ad from issue 682 is the same as yours - it has the Motta ice cream offer logo on it. But if you look at another version that Wouter (Hyver) posted in the paperwork thread you can see the exact same ad but WITHOUT the Motta logo (same as in Stéphane's book). The link to the ad is here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1099p150-collecting-vintage-paper-work-that-show-vintage-star-wars-toys

That leaves me to believe that the ad was printed with and without the Motta logo in the same issue number but on a different print run?
It's possible the Motta-less ad could have come from a Journal de Mickey, but I don't believe that until I see an intact issue.

It's a mystery - and makes finding a complete run of the ESB scene ads WITHOUT the Motta logo really difficult indy
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
skywalkerhu wrote:

I don't think so. I believe all the ESB scenes ads came from Pif Gadget. My copy of the ad from issue 682 is the same as yours - it has the Motta ice cream offer logo on it. But if you look at another version that Wouter (Hyver) posted in the paperwork thread you can see the exact same ad but WITHOUT the Motta logo (same as in Stéphane's book). The link to the ad is here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1099p150-collecting-vintage-paper-work-that-show-vintage-star-wars-toys

That leaves me to believe that the ad was printed with and without the Motta logo in the same issue number but on a different print run?
It's possible the Motta-less ad could have come from a Journal de Mickey, but I don't believe that until I see an intact issue.

It's a mystery - and makes finding a complete run of the ESB scene ads WITHOUT the Motta logo really difficult indy

Hmmm....
Hyver wrote that his pics have been taken from a Mickey Magazine!

"i got these off ebay some years ago
apparently they come from "Journal De Mickey" (Mouse), a weekly magazine originating in France, also available in Belgium

Is anyone keeping track of magazines that carry sw-toy-ads?
"

And I have some pics from Mickey as well!
For example this one (Without the Motta logo):

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00715

on the other side there is a Disney comic (instead of a PIF)
here is the proof:

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc00716

Smile

additional information:
these pics are a bit larger then their PIF counterparts!

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:40 am

Interesting thinking

So maybe Stéphane did use some of the journal de Mickey adverts in his book to compensate for the Pif gadgets that had the Motta logos?

For continuity sake of keeping the scenes running smoothly I think I may have done the same. We will have to keep a record now of which Pif saynettes carried the Motta logos! Smile
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:32 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:

We will have to keep a record now of which Pif saynettes carried the Motta logos! Smile

as far as I know only 682 684 686 saynettes have Motta logos
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 am

I just have found this one.
The ad is not new, but the issue!
Even Stephane's book haven't mentioned it!

Artoo??? Smile Is it familiar for you?

issue 528:

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 2011_010

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 2011_011

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:54 am

skywalkerhu wrote:
I just have found this one.
The ad is not new, but the issue!
Even Stephane's book haven't mentioned it!

Artoo??? Smile Is it familiar for you?

issue 528:

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 2011_010

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 2011_011

Hi Arnold,

You're right, the advert is not new, this advert can be found in the ESB special issue of PIF 595.

But well done on discovering another issue it can now be found in. I never knew of issue 528, love the cover! They're a bit like Pac-man. Thanks, will update my list now Smile
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 am

[/quote]

Hi Arnold,

You're right, the advert is not new, this advert can be found in the ESB special issue of PIF 595.

But well done on discovering another issue it can now be found in. I never knew of issue 528, love the cover! They're a bit like Pac-man. Thanks, will update my list now Smile [/quote]

Well, this Cover is adorable! Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Interesting thinking

So maybe Stéphane did use some of the journal de Mickey adverts in his book to compensate for the Pif gadgets that had the Motta logos?

For continuity sake of keeping the scenes running smoothly I think I may have done the same. We will have to keep a record now of which Pif saynettes carried the Motta logos! Smile

I emailed Stephane about the 'Motta' logos on the ads, and he very kindly offered to check his database and archives for the book and adverts...
Stephane got back to me saying that issues 680, 682, 684, 686 of PIF all had the Motta logos (4 issues) - and he preffered to use for his book the saynettes, without Motta logos, from the ads from Journal De Mickey... issues 1555, 1557 and 1559 which are the equivalent he believes of Pif 682, 684, 686 (He didn't say which issue was the 680 - but I would guess it could be 1553?). Was very good of Stephane to take the time to find out this for us. Top man!

So... Arnold... looks like just four issues of Pif to replace with Jounal De Mickey for icecream-free averts! Another little SW mystery solved Cool

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 am

Nice ones Very Happy thanks for sharing, some of them are seriously weird. D2-R2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:42 pm

I have some spare issues of PIFs to sell!
All of them are containing vintage Star Wars ads!

PIF 528
PIF 767
PIF 819

Please send me a personal message if you are interested!

Here are the covers and pics from the ads, the magazines are in perfect shape and complete:

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc01110

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc01111

pif 528

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc01112

pif 767

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc01113

pif 817

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Dsc01114
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Here coooooomes!
The great Miro Meccano catalogue!
One of my greatest treasure!
It was my FIRST EVER Star Wars memorabilia!
And why put I this one here?
Because for the first time it came to me as a PIF appendix in 1982 (PIF 654 maybe?)! I was just a 5 years old child and destroyed it in a very short time and never seen after that. :/
But at last I caught one from ebay last week.
As far as I know this catalogue is one of the most rare!

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Www.tvn.hu_2ee6550d0def0ad397d0c6c00f8049b6

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Www.tvn.hu_3026e5ca9610510a19356b107622220e

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Www.tvn.hu_c44c9223d413a2c38ac736bcb72c821f

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Www.tvn.hu_8797c325c605e994f7f5675857e3ff06

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Www.tvn.hu_68637d8cbbc27cf8213312a9a424fbfa

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 Www.tvn.hu_84257d45c9f461bf3fd17165ff02798c
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:04 pm

[quote="skywalkerhu"]Here coooooomes!
The great Miro Meccano catalogue!
One of my greatest treasure!
It was my FIRST EVER Star Wars memorabilia!
And why put I this one here?
Because for the first time it came to me as a PIF appendix in 1982 (PIF 654 maybe?)! I was just a 5 years old child and destroyed it in a very short time and never seen after that. :/
But at last I caught one from ebay last week.
As far as I know this catalogue is one of the most rare!

VERY impressive, my friend. A real curiosity and rarity. I am proud of you. :falcon:

Back to top Go down
http://swvintagevariants.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements   Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Star Wars French Toy Advertisements

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next