The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

I only collect Vintage Star Wars exclusively
Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_lcap47%Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 18 ]
I collect Vintage Star Wars and Modern Star Wars but nothing outside of Star Wars
Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_lcap13%Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
I collect Vintage Star Wars and 1 other (non Star Wars) Toy Line (If you collect Vintage SW and Modern SW as well as 1 other non SW toy line select this option)
Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_lcap8%Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
I collect Vintage Star Wars and more than 1 other (non Star Wars) Toy Line (If you collect Vintage SW and Modern SW as well as more than 1 other non SW toy line select this option)
Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_lcap32%Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? Empty
PostSubject: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:51 am

Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 am

I have master of the universe, Action Force and Vintage star wars items. Even that I'm not a real collector. Just getting the items for nostalgatic reasons no major plan.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 am

I used collect Modern SW, but it just got way too much and hard to keep up, besides i lost interest and decided to knock it on the head and just stick to vintage.

So vintage only for me!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:30 am

I used to collect vintage and modern. Then dropped the modern a few years ago. Very Happy

Now I'm vintage only... with the exception of the Hallmark ornaments, Jar Jar and Yavin Luke side focii! So I selected the second option!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:40 am

Vintage till death. Razz

I have occasional interests in other lines, ghostbusters, turtles, WWF wrestlers, anything I grew up with but I never
take the plunge, I have also had modern + other lines in the past but nothing holds my interest as much as VSW.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:51 am

I know most of you know I also collect Transformers. I stick with mainly reissues for cost reasons. I don't have a proper display for them yet since I moved last year, but here is how I used to have most of them displayed.

Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? Tfcollection1
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Cool thread Smile

VSW n° 1 passion, but in addition I also collect Dr Who modern figures loose or carded.
And vintage to present day Rupert Bear annuals (40 en counting) Embarassed

Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:07 pm

I collect vintage star wars,star wars props an replica's,vintage saint seiya Japan box,saint seiya myth cloths,evangelion,gundam,goldorak,games and consoles,....
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:44 pm

I used to collect a very wide range, Mask, MOTU, Transformers, Action Force and more.

But now.....Star Wars Vintage all the way.

Oh and Lego!

And props and costumes Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Apart from vintage I collect a few of the modern lines as well: POTF2, SOTE, and since recently The Vintage Collection.

Focus is on vintage though.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:57 pm

I do collect mostly SW vintage but also have:

-The complet set of Vintage Marvel Secret Wars MOC´s.
-Some Spanish AIRGAMBOYS :space and superheroes lines.
-Most of the Asterix line from the early 80´s from TOYCLOUD AND CEJI
-Some vintage MOTU
-Some vintage Warhammer dwarfs

That´s all folks Very Happy

Last edited by javiswspain on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Just Vintage for me. I have no interest what so ever in modern stuff or even ewoks.

I did for a short time collect matchbox cars (superfast), but i sold them a long time ago.
I wouldn't mind getting back into these at some point.
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Vintage SW is by far my favorite addiction, but I also collect:
-Prequel SW
-The Clone Wars
-Doctor Who(Technically these are my daughters' but I pay for them so I consider it my collection as well! :cool laugh: )

I've expressed my love for all things Lucas before and nobody has given me shit yet, so don't start now. Very Happy

Brad
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Vintage SW only for me.

I might collect a Marvel line (Secret Wars?) somewhere down the line as that was my other passion growing up.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 am

Some really interesting results and posts on this thread guys Smile

Its seems that about 60% of people are pure vintage SW collectors and those that do collect other lines for the main site Vintage SW as thier primary collecting hobby Smile

For me personally i would be 100% Vintage SW and havent had any interest in other Toy Lines however i have decided to do a small side focus on Daleks from Dr Who (them things scared the shit out of me as a kid!) and i also plan to pick up 3 transformers in 2011 for a small section of shelf display like shawn due to cost ill probably go for 1990's reissues although some of them seem to be very collectable in there own right these days.

Jay
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:41 pm

100% Vintage for me cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Vintage Star Wars is my main collecting focus (no interest in modern but I buy a lot of it for my kids). I do collect other vintage toy lines that I had as a kid, the 24" Shogun Warriors, 8" Star Trek Mego MOCs, the cool 1979 Kenner 18" Alien to name a few.

Last edited by BILLIAM666 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:05 pm

HothTony wrote:
100% Vintage for me cheers
Tony

Same here, altough i might get in Vintage Motu aswell somewhere down the line, as i actually have my childhood memories on those toys and not Vintage SW, but hey imo Darth Vader was the Master off the Universe Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:05 pm

I just collect Star Wars. My main focus nowadays are vintage and autographs. I do collect modern stuff, but it has faded in the last year or two.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 pm

I got vintage SW, Battlestar Gallactica, G.I. Joe, Buck Rodgers, Tron, Marvel, Clah of the Titans and a few others. Just can't stick with just one thing or it gets boring.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:49 pm

What about other NON toy collections???
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 am

lol , where to start , short version , is everything cool from my childhood

mainly skateboards and vintage star wars

but since a year or so back , istarted to collect things i think are cool now

like every fig i can get my hands on from q tarentino , r roderiguez and frank miller movie toys

also , i love futurama so ive got about twenty fig of that aswell

also records , skate mags , skate movies , pfff i really collect to much

anyway iam working on a new collection room and i will thin out the collections a bit so i guess you willl see everything when i post the finished room

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:12 pm

I try to stick to Vintage Star Wars if and where possible but this line is not set in stone.

Shawn K just helped me out to secure my Boba Mailer (I had to have one) and I am a sucker for modern promos. If something comes up such as a local Star Wars promotion then you normally find me cutting tokens out of the newspaper or buying a kids meal for my invisable son to get the freebie.

Other shite that I have amassed:

Vintage Nintendo games systems such the NES, SNES, & Classic Game Boy - I even got some new 62-pin sockets for the Nes's so no more blowing cartridges.

Corgi Huey Frogs for the Unsung Heroes - I grew up with the A-Team so maybe that's where the love for the army choppers came from I have got about 20 MIB including some Medi-Vacs. I expanded to other types before having to put them into storage because of moving to Ireland with work.

Lego. I went on a mission and bought nearly every set of the vintage Legoland sets I had as a kid. Sadly all in storage until I get back to blighty.

Panni Football 80-something... Something about after schools as a nipper outside the paper shop back in the day with a fresh packet of football stickers ... I have a few completed albums. When I originally collected them Liverpool were the best and just completed the double and the Ian Rush sticker was worth at least 15 foil team badge stickers lol

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Craig, those Panini football/baseball stickers were the shit back then. I had 3-4 albums going at once trying to finish. I think I finally finished one of each off for 3 years running. Love to get my hands on some of those, the smell of opening a pack up is killer.

As for games, I got NES, Super NES, Atari, Intellivision, and a couple Coleco's going. I'd love to finish the whole run of Atari and NES one day and set up a gaming room with a few cheap TV's with each system hooked up.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
registred_user
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
registred_user

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Vintage and modern SW, aliens, motu, LOTR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not?   Do you just collect Vintage Star Wars not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next