The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True Collections/Collectors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Darthberizing wrote:

I don't make discoveries. I don't feel people need to share (although they should). I don't have the desire to uncover anything.

I don't think this means I am not a true collector but I'm also not arguing the point. I'm just pointing out that the definition of collector can be as subjective and the actual collection itself. It's about the individual and their interpretation. To quote Wayne from Wayne's World incorrectly quoting Dick Van Dyke "To Label Me is to Negate Me"

My message is simply collect what you like. Who gives a flying $&%# what anyone else thinks. My collection sits in my house, I look at it. If I like it, that's all that matters. Outside of some obviously smart pieces of advice (like U grading) I save live and let live.

All valid points John and I'm not going to say your not a true collector because of it. Very Happy There are certainly enormous collections out there that are not shared and that does not make the person any less of a collector than anyone else on the boards. Really, it all boils down to is your last paragraph there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
stevemac1976
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
stevemac1976

PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:55 pm

I have just read through this entire thread and all i can say is wow. Shawn - you are a collector in the true sense of the workd and it shciks me that someone might not see you as one.

For me a collector is someone that loves what he/she does and collects what they find interesting within their chosen field. I have questioned myself on this and yes I am a collector - have lost the love for the walking carpet (or at least lost the desire to continue collecting in this area and now selling up and moving in a new direction). I have actually found it quite liberating and I love the fact that I am selling to people who have a passion for the items that I have and now want themselves.

So in conclusion, you collect what you collect for the reasons you collect. And that makes you a collector.

Steve cheers
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:
Just read the post and that is one reason why i dont post on RS much!!!

likewise mate, too many bell ends on there
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Jeez, just read the RS thread. That guy is a nutter!!

I literally only go on RS for the sales thread, that's it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 pm

A true collector in my opinion is someone who is born with a natural instinct to collect stuff. It's like a type of OCD or something.

Personally I have always collected something my entire life, even as a small child I collected rocks, insects, or coins. I know that if I wasn't collecting Star Wars stuff or toys I would be collecting something else because I just love collecting stuff.

-Jeff
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Jeff Correll wrote:
A true collector in my opinion is someone who is born with a natural instinct to collect stuff. It's like a type of OCD or something.

Personally I have always collected something my entire life, even as a small child I collected rocks, insects, or coins. I know that if I wasn't collecting Star Wars stuff or toys I would be collecting something else because I just love collecting stuff.

-Jeff

welcome Jeff. Glad to have you here.

I can certainly relate to your definition. While growing up I went through collecting phases of rocks, cards, coins, etc. SW has been the one that has been with me the longest, but even then I still have side collections for the off times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Jeff Correll wrote:
It's like a type of OCD or something.

I just love collecting stuff.

-Jeff
me too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Collections/Collectors   True Collections/Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Collections/Collectors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2