The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amazed at The Collections...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gardzy99
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Amazed at The Collections... Empty
PostSubject: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 am

I have been surfing through a lot of the posts on the site and I must commend you all on your amazing collections. I'm very jealous of everyone. It amazes me at the duplicates/triplicates or even cases of figures some of you have. I'm having trouble finding decent singles. I know it must take a great deal of time to gather a collection worthy of the ones on here, but I need help.

Looking for pointers or directions as to where to buy figures. I'm going through ebay daily and have a bunch saved and would love to buy them. BUT, is there a better way? Is there something I'm missing?? Individuals are mentioning they have bought several off of the forums, but are the prices better? Is the shipping cheaper?

Still learning and very interested in any info you experts can provide me.

Thanks

Chad
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:22 am

If you buy from trusted sources on the forums, you are safer, in terms of receiving a figure that is 'as described' with genuine accessories.
There are some very good bargains to be had on the forums, aswell as very rare items unlikely to be seen on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 am

I second that. TIG forums is indeed a good place to start sourcing from. Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 am

Lots of rare stuff never gets dealed in public. If you are in forums you find people with the same interests....you make contacts and friends..and thats how you get stuff that never ends in the classifieds and by far not on ebay.

I underestimated this also for a looong time.

You could do a WTB list in the classifieds first. A little tip: dont make it too huge....otherwise people get tired reading it!

Cheers

Wolff

BTW:

In the classifieds her or over on RS you get (compared to ebay:)
- less cheated
- better prices
- better shipping

and best of it: making new contacts (see above) Wink
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:40 am

Forums are great for buying/selling cause your dealing directly with other collectors. There is alot of good stuff on eBay but a lot of the time it's greedy sellers wanted to milk you dry.

So for me forums before eBay, get to know other collectors what do they collect, trade with them.

I'm a newbie here as well (4 months) and I was a solo collector for 10 years, it's more fun here trust me.

Post a WTB topic but keep it small, too big and people might not read it.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Welcome to TIG

Make a small want to buy list and make sure you have the cash ready when people offers you things.

The worst thing i know is when new collectors joins and want to buy stuff,you make and send descriptions/pictures and then they dont want/cant afford what they asked for.

Its a big risk people dont take you serious after that

Good luck hunting down the stuff you want
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:17 pm

I agree that you have to be very careful when dealing on ebay because there are tons of shady sellers No But there are plenty of good sellers too . I have maintained a 100% positive for over 5 years on ebay and it irks me to be lumped in with the shady sellers . I know that there are plenty of other folks here that buy and sell on ebay too and they are trustworthy as well , but it is difficult to tell who's who sometimes because so many people have different user names here and on there .

I use ebay because it is just alot easier for me than listing in the forums . I have saved listings for nearly every figure where all I have to do is change pics , modify the description slightly and bingo done . I am just such a moron when it comes to computer skills and since I am probably the worlds slowest 2 fingered typist - it is just too time consuming to list outside of my comfort zone Amazed at The Collections... 208292

I have delt with alot of members here at TIG off ebay . I always sell for cheaper prices than I would get on ebay because I am glad to pass on the discount when I am able to save the shitty ebay fees . I would rather give the savings to a collector than pay ebay anymore cash . As alot of members here know - If I have something you want all you have to do is ask about it here and I will end the ebay auctions and give alot better prices . I just don't want to promote my ebay auctions here - if someone wants something its up to them to let me know .

I don't like to bring up my ebay sales here at Tig because that is not what I'm here for - I come here for information , fun and laughs What a Face So basically I don't promote ebay , I hate it as much as the next guy - it is just alot easier for me because I am so computer illiterate .

I use the same name here , on ebay , my email etc because I have nothing to hide Very Happy

it just rubs my feathers the wrong way when I am lumped in with the shitty ebay sellers - were not all scumbags tongue

It all comes down to the best advice given in this thread - try to know who your dealing with . It doesn't matter if its here or there - as long as you can tell a person is trustworthy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazed at The Collections...   Amazed at The Collections... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazed at The Collections...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1