The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what display looks better

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

what display looks better Empty
PostSubject: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:42 am

ive been changing my display of my focus

to see in what cabinet it looks better

iam like ing this way better but , this will be growded in a month again Sad

what display looks better DSC_0268

what display looks better DSC_0270

what display looks better DSC_0267

oppose to them beeing in this kabinet

what display looks better DSC_0294

i like the standing one better , but i just should buy 3 more of them to have a nice overall vieuw of every item in my collection

what do you think
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:35 pm

You said it Jimmy, the wider new display is better but if you are going to run out of room again you are just going to have to get more display cabinets. Especially if you are going to complete your loose collection.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:59 pm

I think you have more Bike Scouts in your collection than were in the Endor fight scenes in ROTJ!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:03 pm

The wider display looks nicer Jimmy, but it's a bit too crowded for my tastes.

If it were me, I would separate the boxed/MOC from the loose. Then put the loose in the standing cabinet on some risers or something. I think if you displayed them this way, you would have more room to grow and give the MOC/Boxed more room to "breath" at the same time.

If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:09 pm

i agree completely bro, i need more kabinets

but that's why i asked the q , have to work with what i got

but my mom , prommissed me one oth standing cabinets for my b-day

i want 4 in total maybe five

:bikerscout:
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Personally, I like the wider case better. In one like that, everything doesn't look clumped together and displays nicer than a small upstanding case. Plus the wider cases give you more room to display in a variety of different ways.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:12 pm

i like the wider better aswell for the same reason , except that the height in the compartments of the standing case is higher and that kinda does it for me , i think it has a nicer overvieuw that's why iam going to go with the standing ones , but iam not

trowing away the wide one

iam thing of trying to build one large wall cabinet put together out of those kabinets and those ikea kube things like i already have done , but then larger
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 am

when to ikea yesterday with big plans

but after seeing all the different possibilities , my mind started flipping on me every other min,

so i ended up buying nothing

but the good thing is that i saw they are going to do discount day's in januarie so

i might start from scratch and give the whole room a make over Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:54 am

Yeah, i agree. The wider one suits the bikes better. Spacing them out a bit also helps too imo.
I'm picking up another Ikea cabinet in the new year too. I knew 3 was never gonna do it.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:47 am

that's the thing , when is it gonna be enough , so that's why i was thinking maybe one of them

complete wall things , then i would even maybe put a flatscreen in the middle have a kinda mini game chill out collection room

like now but then more stylisch " a mini livingroom/collection , not with the intention of using it as a living room

i'll search the site over for some idea's and post them then you might help me decide
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:13 pm

finaly got theire , and iam stoked set them up , now just have to fill them up and that a what display looks better Icon_cheers pic

what display looks better Icon_biggrin what display looks better Icon_biggrin what display looks better Icon_biggrin what display looks better Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
CptHansOlo
New User
New User
CptHansOlo

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:47 am

Wow Jimmy, that's an amazing collection of biker scouts.
Are there really this much speeder bike variations, or did you want to go for a armada. Smile

It's nice to see that your problem is not much different then mine (and a lot of other collectors I guess). Not enough space for all the stuff you got.

btw, do you only collect the action figure size stuff, because I don't see any of the larger items (12 inch Speeder Bike, Sideshow statue) or are those in boxes in the attic.

cheers,
Hans
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:58 am

CptHansOlo wrote:
Wow Jimmy, that's an amazing collection of biker scouts.
Are there really this much speeder bike variations, or did you want to go for a armada. Smile

It's nice to see that your problem is not much different then mine (and a lot of other collectors I guess). Not enough space for all the stuff you got.

btw, do you only collect the action figure size stuff, because I don't see any of the larger items (12 inch Speeder Bike, Sideshow statue) or are those in boxes in the attic.

cheers,
Hans

thanks for the comment,

but theire not some many variations , i just buy bulk loads i hope to find a new variation ,ive got four different ones

and iam just saving as much as possible of them for my next still secret dio project

and i hope my new addition will solve my display problem what display looks better Icon_wink what display looks better Icon_wink what display looks better Icon_wink
what display looks better DSC_0080-2
Back to top Go down
CptHansOlo
New User
New User
CptHansOlo

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Wow is that the Ultra-rare Star Wars Hula Lamp Very Happy

But that is some nice looking display space for your figures.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I think that was from a deleted scene in Ep 3 when they went to Fulucia!!!!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Hurry up and get those cabinets filled!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished product!!!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 pm

coachk28 wrote:
Hurry up and get those cabinets filled!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

iam on the case and will post an update in my limelight when finished what display looks better Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:53 am

Nice cases Jimmy, wich are they?

Show us those cabinets filled when your done. Cool
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:15 am

Those display cabinets are awesome Jimmy, even when empty.

Can't wait to see them full up with Star Wars goodies!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:58 am

Stargeezer wrote:
Nice cases Jimmy, wich are they?

Show us those cabinets filled when your done. Cool

thanks dennis theire from ikea from the klingsbo series that i custumised myself (schijfmachine what display looks better Icon_wink )

http://www.ikea.com/be/nl/catalog/categories/series/12252/

you can buy the light's theire seperatly aswell

Last edited by jimmymindtricks on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am

burnsy wrote:
Those display cabinets are awesome Jimmy, even when empty.

Can't wait to see them full up with Star Wars goodies!

oke i'l post a pic but i warn you , they will look better when those fig i just bought of you arrive

plus iam not finished yet still have to get one more to have my dream kabinet completed

for more closer pic's your gonna have to check my limelight

what display looks better DSC_0112-2

i do love it even more when i walkt true the hallway's and catching a glimp of this

what display looks better DSC_0110-2
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 am

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Looking good jimmy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what display looks better   what display looks better I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what display looks better

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1