The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

re Display cases for MOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

re Display cases for MOC Empty
PostSubject: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi all does anyone know where to buy plastic cases to protect carded figures ....preferably UK ?
thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 am

tonyhook wrote:
Hi all does anyone know where to buy plastic cases to protect carded figures ....preferably UK ?
thanks
Tony

I think UK graders sells the cases like AFA does .
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
tonyhook wrote:
thanks
Tony

I think UK graders sells the cases like AFA does .

As John said the UK Graders do them but if you want the best quality then Oscar cases is the best way to go but its worth ordering a few to make the postage cost worth while.

Jay
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Tony, are you talking about the acrylic cases like AFA? Then Oscar is the man for them! Smile

Or are you talking about the Starcases?
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi I was also thinking about the cheap thin plastic ones as a temporary measure but not sure what they are called ?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:12 pm

tonyhook wrote:
Hi I was also thinking about the cheap thin plastic ones as a temporary measure but not sure what they are called ?

They are usually referred to or called starcases buddy Smile

You can usually pick them up cheap on ebay uk as well

Jay
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks guys dont suppose there is a kindergarden section that I can ask these questions :O)
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:35 pm

tonyhook wrote:
Thanks guys dont suppose there is a kindergarden section that I can ask these questions :O)

LOL! Yeah I have some questions for that section as well.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:57 pm

We can use this thread as that then! Smile

Ask away fellas!

BTW, here's a link where you can get some starcases (along with some other cases): The Earth Toy Mall
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:24 pm

As a novice the more I look into it the more confused I get as to what to collect......I am going to try the ROTJ MOC as a main piece but intrigued and impressed by the amount of one model variants people go for....is it liking the model in the first place or a thought as too what has the most different types to collect ?
Having looked at the Limelights and seen the short space of time some have been collecting its all an eye opener thats for sure.....mind you the down side is my 15 year old wants to know if I am gonna become a Star wars geek now ....ouch :O(
Think its too late now the Dark side has consumed me !!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:36 pm

LOL! Focus collecting I think is what you are talking about. Smile

Either that or variation hunting... I can't decide! Smile

Either way, it's really all in the eye of the beholder. There are some great collections out there of both. Variant hunters to this day boggle my mind (in a good way), just with the sheer amount of stuff that's out there. And all of it different in some way.

A focus collection is just as the name implies... a focus surrounding one particular character, ship, scene, or planet. There are some amazing focus collections out there. And truly the most remarkable are the ones that can take a first 12 character and go all the way to POTF in some cases. The depth of focus collections is just amazing!

You said you wanted to start off with ROTJ MOC's. I think that's a great way to start and an incredible run when it's completed!
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Ha ha see I need that kindergarten section......Focus collecting is what I meant !!

I think I need to be a little more patient (which is not easy) and pace myself as I see so many cool loose figures eithered bagged, graded etc and think wow they will look good but am gonna watch and sit on my hands....hopefully !!

Think I will come up with a focus I cant concentrate on while waiting for the right MOC and see where it leads me.....as always its good to see there are so many people willing to help and give advice

Tony
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:46 pm

tonyhook wrote:
Ha ha see I need that kindergarten section......Focus collecting is what I meant !!

I think I need to be a little more patient (which is not easy) and pace myself as I see so many cool loose figures eithered bagged, graded etc and think wow they will look good but am gonna watch and sit on my hands....hopefully !!

Think I will come up with a focus I cant concentrate on while waiting for the right MOC and see where it leads me.....as always its good to see there are so many people willing to help and give advice

Tony

yea, focus collecting is great man! There are some incredible ones right here in our very own limelight section.

And no worries about asking questions, that's how we all learn, grow and make friends.

But yes, patience is helpful. Just remember this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. With enough time and patience, you'll get all the figures you want. And you'll be able to do it within your collecting budget. Which is another benefit to focus collecting... you only get what's in your focus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Quote :
mind you the down side is my 15 year old wants to know if I am gonna become a Star wars geek now ....ouch :O(

I have 3 kids the eldest being 16, the twins 14, theyre the same, theyre pretty horrified with the amount i spend lol, theres always the why? i reply there is no why, it is MY chosen thing, we all need hobbies and this one is excellent for doing from home and you get to meet nice peeps and have a blah, fun and collect great stuff etc Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re Display cases for MOC   re Display cases for MOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re Display cases for MOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1