The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:21 pm

That makes total sense yours is a HK. Thinner and fainter number under the feet just like the 2004 Earth find HK EPs (pic above)...

I wrote Mattias about this asking if he could check his Taiwan and Hong Kong EPs. He is a Luke farm boy focus collector that has some incredible pieces in his collection. I'm sure he will be able to add some information...
: )
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Ok More Pictures of Jabba, I did not have another to compare so when I find one I will provide the same shot pictures. If my memory is correct on the other Jabba's that I had owned .... The ball joint piece that held his arms together was green not white. I never think to look at the mold number but this one is "32"

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0613THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0614THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0615THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0616
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0617THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0618THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0619THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0620
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:45 pm

I have some pics for you : )
First, a First Shot Jabba head sold by Tim Vader awhile back, at least I think it sold, he still may have it? His price was $300 at the time. Great price IMO!
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Jabba_10
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Jabba_11
Then we have yours...
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Your_j10
And this is a production Jabba
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Jaba_p10
So with a quick look. The thing I saw right away in your Jabba piece compared to the production piece is the detail is MUCH finer in yours. It also has some paint over Jabba's right eye. I'll let you and the others do a comparison and see what else seems different : )
-Steve
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Ok More Pictures of Jabba, I bought a production Jabba to compare. The production ball joint piece that holds his arms together is green not white. Production mold number is "36" but this one is "32". Also the mold number is in a different place. Paint looks different on the body and face and the black plastic on the eyes (when you look from the inside is is longer on "32" mold. It also has what looks like elmer's glue to hold it together

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0621THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0622
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0623
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0624
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0625
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0626
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0627
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Ok, I saw the glue inside the head. Is there also glue holding the body together, because it looks like it was not sonic welded like the other. And I think I see remnants of glue? Is that correct?
No production piece would be glued together like that, only sonic welded like the one you picked up today... Really cool piece!
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Forgive me about not knowing about Sonic welding, but here are some updated pictures. You can put a piece of paper through the top side. Also on the bottom of the one from the sale has ridges unlike the one I bought today. All of these pictures are from the one from the sale.

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0628THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0629THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0630THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0631
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:38 pm

It was hand glued together then : )
You have another prototype in your find IMO : )
Sigh... but you should run this by Tom. I have no idea what a piece like this could bring, but if it is indeed a prototype, and it is complete you may be surprised at what someone may pay that is a Jabba collector. But you probably need Tom to authenticate it first.
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:23 pm

I thought I was done finding differences, but here are two more that I noticed on the base. The one that is production piece does not have a mold number on the piece that holds the head, the one from the sale has the #2 and it also has more flashing. It could have been just broken off from the production one but it was different on both sides

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0632THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0633THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0634THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0635
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey Tim : ) After a long wait and tons of research sent to Tom Derby, I look forward to the update on the EP's and other pieces you sent him : ) It's been a fun journey my friend...
Steve
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey Steve, funny you should mention it ... Today was the day that I got two of the items back from AFA. After all the research that you helped me with, Tom Derby said that additional information convinced him that they were in fact EP's. The two that I got today were the Luke, which I will upload the picture of the AFA label. The other was Jabba. Unfortunately they forgot to send the COA with my items EmbarassedEmbarassed So I do not know exactly at this point how the Jabba was certified. I called AFA today and I should find out more about my COA's tomorrow. Tom Derby said that he would not recommend Jabba to be graded due to all the differences can only be seen while he was apart. Also the R2 is also scheduled to be graded(Already certified as an EP) but it I went in the standard tier (So it will be a while before he comes back from AFA). Once I get the COA of Jabba I will post how the COA is worded. Thanks again for all the help, it has been super crazy and a Long Journey.... :-)
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0710
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Wooooooo Hooooooo! Love the new label with EP added for your DT Luke : )
It was my pleasure my friend. Glad Tom Derby agreed with the proof provided. Keep us updated on the R2 and Jabba details... but was really happy R2 was authenticated as a EP also : ) GOOD STUFF!!!!
Steve
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 pm

Really happy for you also...
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:58 pm

I will keep the thread updated as I get the more info. I was looking so forward today to reading Jabba's COA today, but since they have some additional stuff still there, I know it was just missed so hopefully they can just mail it to me, but I should know more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Update : Tom Derby called me yesterday and told me that he would be sending me the COA's. There was a little mix up when I split my order up at AFA. Instead of sending the Jabba and Luke and supporting Document back to Tom, They shipped it back to me. Tom said that after I sent him the supporting documents back that the COA's would be sent to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Great news Tim! So cool to hear about the R2 and Luke being confirmed EP's. I'm also very interested about what Tom wrote up, on the COA, for your prototype Jabba. Such a cool piece! : ) I keep thinking, all the investigation you did, comparing and contrasting to a production Jabba piece, really helped here! Not to mention, the original seller, the Kenner employee's old college friend, told you she believed it was a prototype. Such a cool story... and how all the facts were put together : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:21 pm

I do have to say congrats too!
Your story, BornTHeYearOf, is like a lottery winner or a smaller version of 'The Find'.
It brings hope that there is still much to be found out there.

cheers and congrats!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:22 pm

psybertech wrote:
I do have to say congrats too!
Your story, BornTHeYearOf, is like a lottery winner or a smaller version of 'The Find'.
It brings hope that there is still much to be found out there.

cheers and congrats!
Very Happy

Thanks psybertech Laughing , I will honestly say, when I first bought those items from the sale... I did not know anything about the Pre-Production side of collecting. I was very interested in the lot mainly because of the DT luke. I collected regular figure and I had never seen one with the double telescoping sabers. So I do feel like it was exactly like hitting the Lottery, especially after finding the RC Bib Fortuna. My end goal is to put these pieces that came from the sale (tied to the Former Kenner Employee) into the hands of those that would appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:36 pm

BornTheYearOf wrote:
Thanks psybertech Laughing , I will honestly say, when I first bought those items from the sale... I did not know anything about the Pre-Production side of collecting. I was very interested in the lot mainly because of the DT luke. I collected regular figure and I had never seen one with the double telescoping sabers. So I do feel like it was exactly like hitting the Lottery, especially after finding the RC Bib Fortuna. My end goal is to put these pieces that came from the sale (tied to the Former Kenner Employee) into the hands of those that would appreciate them.
I can't imagine what you were thinking man!
I am right there with you on my knowledge of collecting right around that time since I just got into serious collecting at the start of this year. I too had no idea about the pre-production side at all!
So I would have been in your shoes I guess just knowing about a DT and going from there... to end up with what you have, well, WOWOWOOWOW! Shocked
I would love to make offers on anything you have, but I fear my pockets won't go as deep, but thankfully you will send whatever you want to part with to a great and appreciative home selling privately.

cheers and good luck man! (not that you need it Laughing)
...and a BIG thanks for posting updates... it helps a ton for people like me! Smile
J Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
icruise
New User
New User
icruise

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:21 am

I know this isn't vintage, but it's not too far off and I thought I might get some insight here. Apologies if it's too off topic. I recently acquired this unassembled prototype for the POTF2 Rancor. It's made of what appears to be vinyl -- it's a lot softer than the plastic that the production figure was made of. All of the pieces have "Rancor SM" (or "SM Rancor") written on them. I was wondering what "SM" meant, and if anybody could give me more info as to the stage of production that this might have been used in. It has no copyright info on the inside of the tail where it is on the production figure.

Unfortunately it's a little hard to display since it's just unassembled pieces that don't fit together due to the extra vinyl attached.

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Potf2_rancor_proto
Back to top Go down
http://mightyjabba.com
maniac79
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
maniac79

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:48 am

Hi,
please don't punish me if this is the wrong place to write the following. Smile
First of all, great effort to put all this together, I often come here to just look at all the awesomeness.

Second: If anyone of you ever considers to sell any transparencies/35mm slides either shown on this thread or not, please let me know. Smile

Now back to business.
Back to top Go down
http://www.home-of-boushh.com
BornTheYearOf
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
BornTheYearOf

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Today was the day that I got my items back from AFA. R2 was graded as a 60 (Mainly due to the sticker not glued and ripped). But anyways now certified. I also got the COA for Jabba. This journey has been very long and I want to let everyone know that Steve helped so much on these items and I appreciate him so much. So here are the pictures back from AFA. Thanks again to all...
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0710

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Img_0711
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Congrats on getting these. I am sure you are very happy to have them and with all the hard work you put into getting them certified as EPs. I know a few of your items you sold direct to TOM, but make a limelight here to showcase the others (if you haven't already I may have missed it).
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 5:57 am

cheers  So happy for you Tim. I'd love to see a limelight also of your treasures. GREAT JOB! The EP R2 looks awesome and it's cool reading about the proto Jabba on the COA. What a find you made!
Also, glad we became friends through all of this. You are a super genuine and kind person.
All my best, Steve
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 8:34 am

Well done Tim the EP R2 looks great. Show us more! Smile And Steve you're a good bloke for all the help and research. Top guy!!
Back to top Go down
spoons
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
spoons

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 am

Hello all, been a while since I had a look through the TIG threads - this one is excellent

Here's my contribution

Han Hoth first shot and Han Hoth head pull test and body moulded in non-production colours (production limbs)

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Hanhoth1stshotfrontsmall

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Hanhoth1stshotheadpullfrontsmall

Han Hoth Revenge proof

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 Revengeproofcase

Revenge AT-AT proof

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 ATATrevengeproof2

INT-4 1$ rebate cromalin

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 INT4rebatecromalin1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next