The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Are you sure those are Ledy "proof cards" and not unused cardbacks?
Back to top Go down
stevemac1976
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
stevemac1976

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Chris,

i have emailed the owner of the "ledy proofs" and asked if he can post his reply to the queries raised. I will also be interested in the response.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Mr Ledy
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Mr Ledy

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm

RebelChris wrote:
Are you sure those are Ledy "proof cards" and not unused cardbacks?

Hello Chris is correct both are proofcards

Quality control here in Mexico was different to other countries, here was used for proof the same die cut for regular piece than the proof, even I compare these with other proofcard wich was belonged to a Ledy highgrade ex employee and all are exactly equals, even all are Retorno version and have staples marks in the same position to hold some paper over with notes

Regards

Cristian
Back to top Go down
stevemac1976
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
stevemac1976

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Rebel Commando stuff added.

Any more pics from any more TIG members.

Steve
Back to top Go down
mattias_rendahl
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Great thread with many nice items. Are the items "only" from members?

Your Chirpa mold purge sure is a sight to behold for a focus collector like myselff, Cristian Wink

The Biker Scout Cromalin. Is that really a Cromalin? Looks like an uncut proof to me, it sure looks glossy though but there are some features that makes me believe it is a proof.

Love your new TT mold, Steve. Your TT run is really coming along nicely!

Mattias
Back to top Go down
stevemac1976
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
stevemac1976

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Mattias,

the large majority of items are from members here.

As for the question on the cromalin - i will let the owner of the item answer if he wants.

But i like the fact that we have someone with the knowledge like you asking questions and starting off some interesting debates.

P.S. thanks for the comments on my TT stuff. Not sure what else i will find (or be able to afford) this year but i will keep searching.

Steve
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:25 am

soren wrote:

I have just had the luck to ad this great pice to my collection . This proof is so cool and i'm so over the roof about it .

It is a hand cut Lumat ROTJ proof card . It is cut in difrent pices and put on top on each other . So it is almost a 3D pice . It is offerles on front. The ROTJ Lumat that ended up being produced all had the Anakin offer on front.

So this pice is before that decision was made. Enjoy the pictures guys i know i did Very Happy

Front of the proof
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 Th_ph5lampe005

The back of the proof is just the back of the picture that is used Very Happy
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 Th_ph5lampe006

Here you can see the picture goes out under the black front
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 Th_ph5lampe007THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 Th_ph5lampe008

The Kenner logo like the name plate is also hand cut and glued on top of the back . The white tekst is stamped / printet on the picture
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 Th_ph5lampe009
Note the white dot after the Kenner logo i have not seen a dot like that on other Kenner logos on cardbacks . So it might come from some other kenner product or some thing else. And have just been used on this muck up. Can anyone identify it ?

This is one of the coolest pices i have in my collection . And it have sent my so hard on my way from normal stuff into the arms off the pre production devil .

AND I LOVE IT bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 am

I did not know this thread existed, but will chime in with some items.

Proof or Cromalin related:

POTF Proof

POTF Cromalin

No longer in my collection, but wanted to document it.
ROTJ 65 Back Cromalin

Prototype or Mock-up related:

Hand Painted FS with unproduced cape

Alternate Deco/Mock-up Jawas

Though I cannot post pictures, out of respect for their current owners, I have documented five vintage jawa first shots.

1. Hand Painted (correct legs) with unproduced cape (above).
2. Hand Painted (legs backwards) with unproduced cape.
3. Production Painted (two right legs) with unproduced cape.
4. Production Painted with hand cut cape (production)
5. Production Painted first shot with no cape
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:34 am

What a great thread. I would love to see this restarted.
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:33 am

You guys are very lucky to off tracked some of this stuff down. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:57 am

olisuds wrote:
What a great thread. I would love to see this restarted.
we need to work on this Wink
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Yes this is a an awesome thread. Do you think it would be good separate 2d and 3d Pre-prod a bit like Joe's posts on RS recently.

Happy to add a couple of pieces that I have to this thread.

Cheers Oli
Back to top Go down
Bramistuta25
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:25 am

Hi guys,

New to the forum, but I have a little something to add.

I actually picked this up recently, it comes from an ex Kenner employee from a 2004 find. Hope this is of interest? Feel free to add it to the reference section.

Lukes Prototype DT Saber

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 P1060335

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 P1060329

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 P1060332

Enjoy.

Bram
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Damn, that is pretty cool. The saber is nice and straight and looks good on display. Welcome to TIG.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bramistuta25
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:58 pm

sith jawa wrote:
Damn, that is pretty cool. The saber is nice and straight and looks good on display. Welcome to TIG.. Smile

Cheers dude.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:42 pm

WOW What an awesome Thread! Great additton Bram and I love those Top Toys Yoda stuff Cool
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Great piece of history
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 am

Just curious, but what are the "average" prices for the first twenty first shots these days? I sold my second first shot in 2010 for a good price and have received some "tempting" offers for my hand painted version. Roughly four years ago, I remember prices being around 1200 for standard first shots (production painted and sonic welded) and much more for hand painted examples..

Are examples from the second eight cheaper than the first twelve? There have been a few finds from The Earth over the years and some of those figures have changed hands as well. Just curious where the market is these days?
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 pm

I think it really comes down to the specific character/figure. It's hard to keep them categorized by their release(s) - early bird, 1st 8, 1st 12, 21, etc.
This is probably the best picture I can think of that could illustrate this (this one of the original pics from the mega Earth find. Almost all these are FSs)
THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 TheEarthGroupFS
Not all the original 12 are there, but you can see it's a pretty eclectic mix. Single examples of Vader, Ben, DSC, Greedo, and Hammerhead - then you have
a staggering selection of 10 different Blue Snags and Lukes.
On the high end of known examples for early figures (1st 12) Luke is probably has the most known. So it would be more of a question of what type of FS.
(internal Kenner piece - bench shot/low yield mold, etc)
On the low end, I only know of 3 Darth Vader FSs, so if one of those ever came up for sale it would be what ever the owner wanted for one of them.

Sorry to be on the obtuse side of things, but it's hard to really put a price on these with so many variables. I've seen private sales of FS Blue Snags for $500usd,
and one FS (internal Kenner piece) Obi Wan well into the 5-figures.

My advice, especially with your focus ? Those would be the absolute last things I would even consider selling. You have some truly epic pieces; unless it was a trade
for something of a similar quality - they should stay put.

Bill

Last edited by sithtoys on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : image link (fix))
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Seeing the photo never gets old...thanks for bringing it back up!

I gave you a greeny +1 thing...whatever that does
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks Kevin !! I'm just getting used to the site, so I don't know either, but thank you Smile

Those original pics are still as impressive today as when we first saw them. I'll have to dig around and see what else I have from The Earth.
Needless to say, this was and still remains of the most epic finds of all time. A few of these FS were one of a kind internal Kenner pieces,
along with (in another pic), various weapons, prototype DT sabers, accessories, etc.

Bill
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Bill,

That picture is a definite keeper and one that I am still amazed at each time I see it. Having seen your DDT Darth Vader in person, I can truly understand how awesome it is. Pictures do NOT do it justice.

I know of at least five first shot Jawas and awaiting confirmation on number six and maybe a seventh. I guess that would place the Jawa in the bottom five or maybe sixth among known first twelve first shots.. My question concerned current market trends, as I always want to stay current to the highs and lows of our hobby.. Thank you again for posting a jaw dropping picture..
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:13 pm

KevinA wrote:

I gave you a greeny +1 thing...whatever that does

sithtoys wrote:
Thanks Kevin !! I'm just getting used to the site, so I don't know either, but thank you Smile

Bill

Hey guys, just to derail for a moment, the + - bar at the top right activates your TIG reputation. You can see your TIG reputation status below your avatar pic. It's our version of the 'like' button. If you like a post then hit + and the poster will be awarded anything between 1 and 5 rep points.

Kevin and Bill, I just gave you both a + so you should see that your rep has increased by 5 points and your bar has turned green. Smile

The minus would turn it red and you'd lose a point. There is also a 'thanks' button at the top of the post for the original poster to thank contributers. You'll work it out.

Enjoy. Sorry, back on topic now Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:41 pm

My first shot(s) Chewbacca and Blue Snag came from that 2004 Earth find. And I wanted to add my first shot(s) Greedo and Walrus Man too. All were hand painted with no coo or date.

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 First_11

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 Blue_s10

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 First_15

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 First_12
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:51 pm

On a side note. The Luke's from the 2004 Earth find are Engineering Pilots. Same goes for the Leia figures. I think finding a First Shot Luke would be extremely hard.... Here is the original information Kathy (from the Earth) sent out for that find.

Here are the full descriptions:

Darth Vader first shot - no dates, hand painted, figure is glued instead of sonic-welded, prototype material hand cut cape, amazing lightsaber made from 2 double telescoping sabers. The lightsaber appears to be a normal double telescoping saber with the shaft section of another double telescoping saber glued to it and held together with the inner saber part. $3,750

Obi-Wan Kenobi first shot - no dates, hand painted, figure is glued instead of sonic welded, prototype cape, early yellow prototype lightsaber $1,950

2-part Tree of prototype double telescoping lightsabers - the tree holds 8 outer saber parts and 7 inner saber parts - the outer sabers are translucent and slightly curved. They have a lot of flashing on them, especially on the ends. The inner sabers are not translucent. $3,250

19 complete prototype yellow translucent double telescoping lightsabers $375 ea.

Han Solo first shot - no dates, hand painted, figure is glued instead of sonic welded $950

Death Squad Commander first shot - no dates, hand painted, figure is glued instead of sonic welded $750

Sandpeople first shot - no dates, prototype cape, slight divots in cheek tubes, skinny head posts, figure is glued instead of sonic welded, feet are slightly shaved at bottom $1,250

6 R2-D2 figure first shots - no dates, blue paint on head is dark and thick, numbered on feet

3 have hatch marks on head
#1, #5, #7 $750 ea.

3 do not have hatch marks on head
8 A, 14 A, 19 A $750 ea.

3 Chewbacca first shots - no dates, hand painted, unpainted sidebag, feet holes are less detailed than production, figures are glued instead of sonic welded $750

9 Luke Skywalker engineering pilots - numbered on feet

2 have no lightsabers - #11, #21 - made in Hong Kong $50 ea.

2 have double telescoping sabers - #22, #28 - made in Hong Kong $250 ea.

2 have no lightsabers - #K-16, #19 - made in Taiwan $50 ea.

3 have production type sabers - #4, #20, #28 - made in Taiwan
$60 ea.

2 Luke Skywalker figures with double telescoping sabers - unnumbered, made in Hong Kong $195 ea.

5 Princess Leia engineering pilots - numbered on feet

3 are marked with Taiwan, have early capes with shiny inside - #6, #13, #22 $75 ea.

2 are marked with Hong Kong, have no capes - #K7 and #K28
$50 ea.

Prototype hand cut Princess Leia cape - thin textured fabric
$250

Prototype Princess Leia blaster - we have never seen this before!!!!!
$350

We will save the 2 Hong Kong EPs for the buyer(s) of the prototype cape and weapon to put together if they choose

Hammerhead first shot - no dates, torso slightly lighter than production $450

Greedo first shot - no dates, head and some paint slightly lighter than production $450

2 Walrusman first shots - no dates $450 ea.

10 Blue Snaggletooth first shots - no dates

7 have much darker torsos than limbs, very flaky paint $495 ea.
3 have torsos that match limb colors better, better paint, numbers
on feet - #12, #29, #30 $595 ea.

4 FX-7 first shots - no dates, skinny arms, unpainted, plastic is "glittery" $450 ea.

"Bespin" gun tree with 4 weapons $750

4 Tie Fighter wing prototype Sticker Sheets - the large sheet is an uncut large sticker sheet. It has black lines where you would need to cut to make the stickers. The sheet on the left is the normal one. We have 4 sets of these (one each) $150

Star Wars 77 Toys and Games Catalog $75

Also, don't forget that we have a premium condition Rocket Firing Boba Fett in stock. We have recently added an original missile that we purchased from a former Kenner employee, so it is now complete for $9,500. As stated on the web site, it is one of the very nicest ones out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD    THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE PRE-PRODUCTION / PROTOTYPES THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next