The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 am

Del wrote:
That would be pretty cool.
I think i would be tempted to cut him nice & neat & get oscar to make a mini case.

This could start a new trend with cut card figures. I think it would look great with a mini version of the carded case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:08 am

i never even thought that but ya one day someone might try and send a cut card figure to afa and have it graded. :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: it will be the new next craze.no one has done it yet hell i never even thought about it till just now hearing it..sealed bagged figure's are acryliced,soon cut card's.maybe even a new grade called sealed uncirculetd grade's :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: i know would'nt that be something. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 am

I agree with the decision and arguments not to U grade it, I think once you get that idea in your head and
even after a few days still think its a good idea your only motivation is greed, the temptation to sell it is great but
I think that determines if you are a collector at heart or a businessman.

Enjoy it as it is Merlin which I am sure you will no doubt do Smile
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Del - Looks like you and I are in the minority here.. : (

I am not about to get into a debate about cut cards looking good, for this I simply say to each his/her own. I have 3 u-graded Ledy's I had graded from cut cards and I have no regrets. I take that back, I regret how much I paid for them. Anyway, these three figures are undoubtedly my best looking Ledy figures, super glossy outside those dull bubbles. I can see all sides of the figures and I know all the weapons/accessories are legit. I dislike u-grades in general as much as the next guy but I also think there is a time and place for them. If you like the way a cut card looks, that is one thing but I just don't think the "preservation" story applies here. If anything, I think you are saving a figure from damage by getting it out of the bubble it has been reacting with for so long. Okay, that may be a stretch but I am paranoid about those kinds of things.

My only point is, u-grading is not always about greed, destruction or being a businessman. Just because a handful of people abuse this designation doesn't mean everyone that owns/sells a u-grade figure should be treated like a freak. If you like cut cards then display them, I think that is cool if you are into that and can appreciate collecting that is different than the way I collect. But I don't see anything wrong freeing a figure from a *cut* card. I would think of all places this would be the place where this would be accepted. After all, when is the last time you saw a COO looking at a figure in a cut card?

Okay, flame away...

PS - Great additions, guys!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 pm

I think if the U grade thing was brought up in a sentence with words like preservation and overall better display-ability then it would have had a different impact on many people here, but (and no disrespect to Andy I know hes not a U fan) it was brought up in relation to making money lol (joke or not it was his first thought - U grade Ledy Jawa = new car!)

I also think that like yourself Chris there are people that are responsible with U grading and are using this more of a last resort to enjoy their figures the best way they can rather than do it for greed or any monetary gain - I may not agree with it but I am more inclined to be able to get along with such collectors (and that IS the term to use) than someone interested solely in profit margins and gain.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:46 pm

I thought we were talking about display-ability?? Confused....

Doesn't matter, I think Ledy's are cool in or out of the package. : )
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:52 pm

The U grade aspect came about from Plantman saying - U grade it and buy a car Wink
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 pm

I was actually commenting on the commentary but I get your point.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Lol np, You know I don't want to argue over this subject with anyone, been there and done that! I just think its funny that peoples thoughts about the U grade mostly ends up being $$$

One thing I must ask you as an owner of some Ledy U grades, if the bad packaging was the problem and you bought it ungraded would removing it yourself and sending it for a normal grade not have sufficed? I don't mean that with any disrespect, just trying to understand a bit better. It would still have been a fantastic condition Ledy and graded but perhaps not worth as much as a U? Were you protecting your investment a little ?
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Lol np, You know I don't want to argue over this subject with anyone, been there and done that! I just think its funny that peoples thoughts about the U grade mostly ends up being $$$

One thing I must ask you as an owner of some Ledy U grades, if the bad packaging was the problem and you bought it ungraded would removing it yourself and sending it for a normal grade not have sufficed? I don't mean that with any disrespect, just trying to understand a bit better. It would still have been a fantastic condition Ledy and graded but perhaps not worth as much as a U? Were you protecting your investment a little ?

I actually considered this because of the social stigma that goes along with u-grading but then I snapped out of it and did what I thought was right, choosing not to yield to peer pressure. : )

In all seriousness, what would the point be to remove the figures myself? If I ever want to sell these, I will sell them for what I paid for them (if I am lucky!) and whoever buys them will know they have authentic Ledy weapons. They will also receive the cut cards and bubbles in case they want to restore them back to their cut-card goodness (at least get close)! Keep in mind, AFA does not verify weapons, so this is the only way someone who does not know how to identify Ledy weapons can be sure they are getting the real deal. I guess nothing is 100% but you know what I mean.

-chris
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:17 pm

I know the cut cards weren't cheap so it would be silly to not try and protect your investment , I was more interested if that was a factor in your decision, which whilst it might not have been the first reason for U grading it was part of the overall decision by the sounds of things.

I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing, its not like you paid $10 for them tongue and in that I can understand, its quite a bit different to buying a $20-30 beater and turning it into instaprofit! Very Happy

I hope your U graded Ledy figures are in your collection for a long long time Chris, they certainly are nice figures. Thanks for answering the questions honestly.
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Ok i havnt posted in a while, and thoretically a lot of these will be swapped or sold but i thought id show my haul here Smile

Proofs...lots of em, if any interest you please drop me a PM ESPECIALLY if you have a revenge bounty hunter proof

Andy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 Dscf5610
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Nice haul dude! PM sent your way.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:43 pm

nice card's andy.Dan. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm

here are some yellow hair luke's are they ledy?PBP?Javi what do you think.does anybody else believe that a ledy yellow hair luke existed?and then what about a variant 2 version of that yellow hair luke?Dan.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 Ll_luk16
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 Ll_luk17
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 Ll_luk19
the luke on left has a raised oval mark on left leg next to the made in stamp.the one on left has nothing next to it's made in stamp.
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 Ll_yel10
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 Ll_luk20
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:22 am

PLANTMAN...those proofs are awsome!! ..... I think proofs are the coolest collectables!!!

A PM on it´s way!!
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 am

Joe_O wrote:
I know the cut cards weren't cheap so it would be silly to not try and protect your investment , I was more interested if that was a factor in your decision, which whilst it might not have been the first reason for U grading it was part of the overall decision by the sounds of things.

I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing, its not like you paid $10 for them tongue and in that I can understand, its quite a bit different to buying a $20-30 beater and turning it into instaprofit! Very Happy

I hope your U graded Ledy figures are in your collection for a long long time Chris, they certainly are nice figures. Thanks for answering the questions honestly.

I agree, protecting the investment was definitely part of the decision. I also recently submitted some messed up baggies and had them u-graded because I thought it might attract more buyers. Thanks for the kind words again, happy to answer any questions and thanks for putting up with my rants. : )

edit - damn those proofs are minty!!

Last edited by xiskool on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:56 am

RebelChris wrote:
Craig T wrote:
sacko wrote:
RebelChris wrote:
Craig T wrote:
DON'T GET IT U GRADED! Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Shocked Mad

I've got to second what Craig said! DON'T U GRADE IT!!!!!

It's significant enough for what it is! The U grad will only destroy a perfectly good example of a sealed Ledy Jawa, cut card or not. Not only that, but what would the difference be between the Jawa locked up in his original cardback, or locked up in an acrylic case?

I agree with this (No U Grade). When I bought my first ledy cut card I thought that was what I would do. Now I am in love with the fact that they are original, sealed and few. What a beautiful example Smile. I do have to figure out how to display the ones I have.

Jason

Well said Chris and Jason!

How many sealed examples of this figure are there? You would be destroying a significant piece of history if you "U-fucked" this!

Don't do it man and that comes from someone who was on the U-grade dark side - I speak from experience! You'll regret it for the rest of your life dude - I know I do! Everyone one can see that it's "uncirculated" as it is still inside the bubble. Why not get a cusom AFA case for the whole thing? You still have a "uncirculated" figure sealed in its bubble retaining the history and you can still have an AFA grade.

That's a great idea Craig! I'm sure Oscar would LOVE to do something like that. Especially for a Ledy cut card! Smile

After all the debate I just read , Here is my point of view.....

Having this LL cut card JAWA on my hand, made me had a terrible feeling ...GREED..... I´m a SW collector before a collectible business/trading man , I´m sure many people will get it grade just to get the U grade and sell it in thousands of Dollars ( this little fellow will easily get an AFAU90 Grade), but after talking to people and do some thinking , I decided to sell it to a person that will appreciate it more than I do ( and best of all, where it looks better) , and I´m sure he will NOT SEND it AFA and leave it the way it is!! .... sending it to AFA will be like letting those guys "POPPING THE CHERRY" of history...... this is the first Carded LL JAWA I have on my hands and it feels great ......Here are my thoughts "I have a significant piece of history in my hands"........not to mention that they are only a few out there! , most of you are right about the U grade and I totally agree with you!!!

Honestly, I won´t lie to you , there are moments that I still think, grade it and sell it.....but again, I will be doing the same as Brianstoys and all those MOFO´s sellers that made collecting so expensive and that I don´t like!!!!

Quick fact: I was at the CIV silent auction, everything was kind of cheap, but people from Brainstoys, Hollywoodheroes and all those sellers were there buying everything just to re-sell it to us again but for triple $$$ !!

I´ve been lucky finding good things so I´m sure I will find a LL MOC carded JAWA in great condition sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:59 am

first up, some great finds lately lads - keep it up!

On the subject of the LL jawa - great post Merlin - couldn't agree more, and thanks for agreeing to sell him to me Wink Laughing Laughing
I think the idea of grading is stupid ... but people are going to get things graded, thats a fact of collecting life, so I think there should be 3 kinds of grading:
1) Carded figures - obvious what these are
2) Loose figures - obvious what these are
3) X-Carded figures (to replace U grading). To me, once they are pulled form the package they are loose. I don't give a rats arse if some work experience dude at AFA types a U in front of the grade on their little sticker. Once it comes off the card, the figure is loose. These figures should only be graded as such is they remain on their card, but the card is in such a condition it doesn't get a carded grade (cut cards, beater cards etc). That LL Jawa is 1000 times more attractive to me on its cut card than it would be encased in 21st century acrylic!!
Personally I think grading companies should display some duty of care for the collectibles they are grading, and refuse to open figures. end of U controversy right there, and the preservation of many carded figures for those of us that appreciate them! but we all know its too late for such fantasies!

Ok - rant over - back to the topic of latest vintage purchases...Smile
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 am

Just to change the subject Smile

I was happy to pick these all up together.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 EbayFeb09104

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 EbayFeb09105

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 EbayFeb09103
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:16 am

Some awesome new additions with Merlin's cut card LL jawa,Andy's proofs & Stu's viewing thingies that i've never seen before until today! Cool

Congrats to all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:59 am

Great pick ups guys! Stu those projectors look brand new. WOW!!

I havent done my "latest" in a little while but I had a few MOC's arrive today and figured why not?

Expanding on my "Small World" Focus I got

12 back Harbet R2D2 (with a sigh of relief I was real nervous)
45 back German General Mills R2D2 w/ Sensorscope
45 back Clipper Bespin Guard

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 DSC035452

The 2 ESB's are mintier than I could've imagined. HUGE thanks to Jay for helping out with the UK seller!!

48 Back Rebel Solider - Revenge Offer Sticker (Didn't need it but for $20 how can I say no?)
65 Back Biker Scout Lili Ledy - Short Mouth and the weapon is the dark Endor Blaster with "D" letter
Mailer Toltoys Nein Nunb (bottom corner) - I'm going to follow in Dan's footsteps and get it graded for better display.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 DSC035474
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:04 am

Awesome pick up Stu. I love those movie viewers. Lot of fond memories watching those things.

John, all I can say is WOW!!! Those are just friggin sweet, dude.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 am

Great additions!!!!

DAMN, that SW Movie Viewer is OLD!!! ..... NO BLUE-RAY Discs in that era!!...LOL!!!!

I really enjoy watching MOC AF´s , nice Harbet and ESB´s cards !!!!
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:11 am

Nice additions John!

It's good to see the "Small World" focus expanding. That collection is really cool!

What's the Harbert R2-D2? I don't think I've seen that before. And what's with the different spelling/lettering of R2-D2 on the card?

Brad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next