The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:27 am

Craig T wrote:
Lads:

I finished up-loading my newest Luke Jedi MOC to my post. Here’s the rundown of the Jedi Mother Load

First is 65-A “HT” Card. The factory that produced this card switched very quickly to a shallower bubble with tray during the 65-A run so it’s a little tricky to get hold of.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ht_65-29

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ht_65-28

The next 65-A No-Tray is a much, much more special. Not because it is an alternative card but because a good friend and fellow collector went out of his way to help me get it. Thanks Shawn!!! I tried and tried to get the original seller to sell it to me but he refused as I was outside the USA. Shawn K. kindly stepped in, bought it for me, re-packed it in bullet proof packing, and sent it off across the pond. All for a can of coke!!! What a Gent! I have to say... Joining an On-line forum has been the best thing to happen hobby-wise to me ever and I am grateful for all the great friends I have made.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ht_65-31

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ht_65-30

Next is a card I have been after for a while... For some reason the 77-B cards are going for crazy money. Even Shawn K. tried to get one for me in the States and it went for over $100. I managed to pick this one up for a little cheaper which not bad considering I had a nice case included.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Tj_77-18

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Tj_77-17

The last one is a great catch for me. It’s from an Ex-Kenner Employee. I was only after a Luke Coin but when I saw this in his store I had to get it. It comes with a nice little story about it on a colourful COA. I am going to get this custom framed by Oscar if possible.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Tj_65-16

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Tj_65-15

Very nice Craig! What's the letter say about from the ex-Kenner employee?

And yes, I have to agree, 77B's have become increasingly expensive in recent times. I'm still hunting one for myself and shudder to think how much I'll have to shell out.

I also have to agree that joining a forum is a great way to meet new people and gain new friends in the hobby. And Shawn is truly one of the best!
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Very nice lot Craig Smile
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:38 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Han_mo10

nice.... that looks super minty
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:57 pm

RebelChris wrote:

And yes, I have to agree, 77B's have become increasingly expensive in recent times. I'm still hunting one for myself and shudder to think how much I'll have to shell out.

I also have to agree that joining a forum is a great way to meet new people and gain new friends in the hobby. And Shawn is truly one of the best!

I also want to know what the letter says! Smile Some more great pieces.

Also, thanks guys for the positive comments. I've had a bit of negativity at work this week and that just made my day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Lovely pick ups as usual Very Happy

Gandalf nice display cabinet and Biker scout focus looking good !

Craig wicked MOC pick ups

John love that 4 pack.......now thats different :O)

Jay love the MOC 's especially the Obi Wan

cheers cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

shawn_k wrote:
RebelChris wrote:

I also want to know what the letter says! Smile Some more great pieces.

Also, thanks guys for the positive comments. I've had a bit of negativity at work this week and that just made my day.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your kind comments! I am glad that Chris and I cheered you up Shawn! It must be something about this week as it has been pretty tough for me too.

Here's a better shot at the letter:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Tj_65-19

I love pieces that have a history so I am really going to try and get this cased all together. I have blanked out the signature to protect Tom, as this is a public forum. Most people would of know Tom N. already on RS and as a seller "Nextoy" on Ebay.

I think we all have a lot to thank Tom for preservation-wise as the majority of preproduction and left-over Kenner marketing items came from him. He was collecting and saving rare Star Wars items from the Kenner wheelie bin whilst I was still a kid.

Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi guys...
:?: whats the reason 77-B MOC are so expensive ???
Tony
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:46 pm

HothTony wrote:
Hi guys...
Tony

I think it's because of the Anakin offer sticker on the 77 back card. I think 79's were the only MOC intended to have the Anakin offer that's why you see that combination so much. 79's were the last run of the ROTJ (they are quite rare by ROTJ standards), so it's quite uncommon to find a 77 with the Anakin offer. The 77B and 79 offerless, seem to be the hardest ROTJ cards to come by. At least from my experience. Wink
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Ledy Rem. Limbs C3PO   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Great stuff everyone! Been a while for me but just wanted to share a figure that has been extremely elusive for me:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ledy_r28
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ledy_r29

I think I have only ever seen two other authentic Ledy nets in my searches, such a tough accessory to find. I think most I have seen have Kenner nets or no net at all.

-chris
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:53 pm

RebelChris wrote:
HothTony wrote:
Hi guys...
Tony

I think it's because of the Anakin offer sticker on the 77 back card. I think 79's were the only MOC intended to have the Anakin offer that's why you see that combination so much. 79's were the last run of the ROTJ (they are quite rare by ROTJ standards), so it's quite uncommon to find a 77 with the Anakin offer. The 77B and 79 offerless, seem to be the hardest ROTJ cards to come by. At least from my experience. Wink

Thanks Chris....another VSW Lesson learnt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Nice Chris!!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 am

RebelChris wrote:
HothTony wrote:
Hi guys...
Tony

Nicely put Chris!

xiskool wrote:
Great stuff everyone! Been a while for me but just wanted to share a figure that has been extremely elusive for me:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ledy_r28
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Ledy_r29

I think I have only ever seen two other authentic Ledy nets in my searches, such a tough accessory to find. I think most I have seen have Kenner nets or no net at all.

-chris

Wow Chris! We know how long you have been trying to get this piece so well done!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:21 pm

More great additons on here guys!

Lee - the cabinets look nice m8 Cool
Jay - impressed with the MOCs from Spencer, can't wait for mine to come soon! Cool Cool
xiskool - well done on the C3PO find Cool
Craig - excellent haul of Lukes! Well done on saving the sku one, and the that ex-Kenner letter is the biz! Cool Cool

nice everyone cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:14 pm

As always some top notch aquisitions for:

Tony-those loose figures & speeder bike are super minty!

John-the italian 4 pack & canadian fett are killer pieces!

Lee-the display cabinet is a real cracker,the focus looks great!

Craig-more superb additions to the focus!

Jay-those MOC's are in excellent condition!

Xiskool-congrats on the elusive ledy c3p0!

Congrats to everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:32 pm

I just bought this off ebay.

PBP Han Solo Hoth Pink Face.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Pbp_pi10
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Pbp_pi11
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 Pbp_pi12
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 pm

looks like hans really packing - leia better do some stretches Wink lol!  lol!  lol!

nice fig dan

-------

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1437

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 3:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1437-your-latest-vintage-purchases-volume-3?highlight=latest+purchases
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2 - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40