The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ScoobyDew79
New User
New User

Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy)   Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Farmboy off ebay that the seller claims comes with the original saber.  It's a China raised bar COO.  When I looked at the saber, I noticed it seemed significantly different than the Vader saber (lettered AA) I have (beyond the color obviously).  Compared to the Vader, the tip is much thinner, as is the handle.   Also, the shaft seems more oval than round. Looking at the lightsaber identification guide, I can't match mine to any of them.  It does seem a bit translucent, so maybe it's the translucent version of the v1?  But would that have come with a China COO?

I'm not particularly concerned if the saber is the correct one for the COO.  I just want to make sure it's not a repro (though it doesn't match any of the repros in the identification guide).

Any options on real or fake?

Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) JKsFsw0
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) KGAaYZv
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) NmGLyu4
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) T0hiPYk
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) 5NoHUM8
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) V9HYTJq
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) BHKpiTM
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) EP8HCyE
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) MhwEEiM
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) EV0ZqQ5
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) BBGzeAI
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) Ru24Ch8
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) RA73MgW
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) K6C1LZD
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) IPaBk7i
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) COtfVpT
Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) 2NCT9qI
Back to top Go down
Vesuvius
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy)   Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 11:06 am

Hello,

I have 2 different Luke Farmboy Lightsabers, both are original and basically 40yrs old.  And one is noticeably similar in appearance to the one you purchased on ebay.  It has a very thin tip, thinner type handle, and the shaft is oval (I also have a 40yr old Vader LS that is molded the same, so both are version 1 I believe).  

In comparison, my other Luke Farmboy Lightsaber (version 2) has a thicker tip and handle, and round heavier shaft.  So it is possible that the one you bought could be real. It also depends what you paid for it.   Usually, if it's truly "vintage" the seller will desire a much higher price.  

However, one must also be very careful when purchasing on ebay.  Some sellers will say and do whatever just to make money.  Granted there are probably a few that are truly ignorant, and are only selling description by what they were told. Yet it tends to be "buyer beware" with ebay.
Back to top Go down
Longshot
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Longshot

PostSubject: Looks real   Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi,
I have a few lightsabers that look like that and they are real. They have a thinner handle and a flat transition and the tips are pretty translucent. I can't tell you what COO Luke they came with, but they have been in my collection for at least 25-30 years, so I don't believe they are reproduction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy)   Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke Telescoping Lightsaber Identification Help (Image Heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1