The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found Empty
PostSubject: Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found   Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 pm

I just found this double telescoping lightsaber and broke it while removing it from a Darth Vader. I’m so sick I think I’m going to throw up.  I’m not sure what the value was prior to breaking it but does snyone know if there’s any value left. I have the figure as well. Fortunately I found a Luke with DT saber but I know he’s not even close to as Value of  Obi Wan. 

Any feedback would be appreciated

Sam
Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found 95b05610
Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found 00c02e10
Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found 74f3da10Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found 95b05610
Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found 00c02e10
Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found 74f3da10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found   Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 1:49 am

Many obi sabers snap due to brittleness. Lucky yours snapped only once, though it appears part of the inner is missing as well. Never try to remove a dt saber anymore. They are notorious for this, though the Luke ones still seem more pliable than others.

There is for sure still value here. Not sure how much, but still a good amount I bet. I have seen guys who sent these in to afa for casing (note I said casing not grading) as afa will give it a no grade. But the pieces cased together will offer protection. I am not a fan of acrylic coffins, but with CAS as a new service available, some of their stuff looks fantastic. I don't even recall the last time I saw an obi dt sell, but seems it was in the 10k range maybe (I might be totally wrong on that). I would guess with this damage your at a fraction of that maybe $2-3, but who knows. If you cased it up, had some coa on it from bill McBride or other party and built a bit of hype around it who knows how high it could go on open market like eBay.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found   Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 am

As Bryan said, even in pieces there will surely be some value left. It's to be expected these will break some time. Even some of the more flexible ones might eventually go that way one day. Don't feel too bad. I know it's a bit far-fetched to say this as SW collectables aren't that old in the grand scheme, but when you see ancient museum artifacts in pieces displayed side by side in an approximation of what they once were, you still get a sense of the meaning and wonder.
It does make you think though how you'd even begin to think about packing one of these safely for an airplane journey for authenticating, grading or selling. Especially if the saber is extended. Scary stuff how fragile these are.
Back to top Go down
jt1969
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found   Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 9:45 am

[quote="Jedijoe"]I just found this double telescoping lightsaber and broke it while removing it from a Darth Vader. I’m so sick I think I’m going to throw up.  I’m not sure what the value was prior to breaking it but does snyone know if there’s any value left. I have the figure as well. Fortunately I found a Luke with DT saber but I know he’s not even close to as Value of  Obi Wan. 

Any feedback would be appreciated

Sam

Ok please tell..... WHERE did you find this???? Sorry it broke BUT its still a super rare item!!!!! Whats the story behind the find???? affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found   Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obi Wan Double telescoping lightsaber found

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1