The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tri-logo Fett blaster question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

Tri-logo Fett blaster question Empty
PostSubject: Tri-logo Fett blaster question   Tri-logo Fett blaster question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 9:02 am

Which blaster type and color is correct for the Tri-logo Fett? You know, the light blue/gray European version of Boba Fett...
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Fett blaster question   Tri-logo Fett blaster question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 11:42 am

You know, I've wondered myself about this for many, many different figures.  The old format of the TIG guide listed a few such associations, but I am guessing the info was scrapped because it was so limited (and not definitive...just because blaster X was verified for figure Y on card Z, that doesn't mean there weren't other legit combos of different weapons and figures on certain cardbacks).

I also noted that some references, such as the 'rough texture' Jawa blaster being included with Meccano Jawas has led to inflated eBay prices for rough texture Imperial Blasters now also proclaimed to be "Meccano Exclusive," although I am not aware of any evidence of this MOC or otherwise (I could be wrong, but I've got an awful lot of those in Kenner collections bought domestically).  That was a horrid run-on sentence but the point is I can understand the concept of not including definitive information in a database that has effectively become the definitive source of reference for vintage SW accessories.

I don't have any MOC myself, and it is a pretty big thing to ask collectors with large MOC collections to detail photo the weapons included in each MOC, and you'd need a LOT of that to begin to approach definitive!

Although I suppose if enough people signed on it might be doable, in time. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Fett blaster question   Tri-logo Fett blaster question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Exactly as you said, some blasters were labeled as being on whatever card but people were taking that as they are exclusive to that cardback.  Just because it can be found on one doesn't mean it isn't on others so it doesn't make it exclusive.  Since it was being misinterpreted it was decided to drop that information.  

As far as the fett specific, since that figure was mixed into the toy Toni crap, figuring out a specific answer will be even more difficult.  Mine came loose with blue black weapons, but have no idea if those were original to the figure.
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Fett blaster question   Tri-logo Fett blaster question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Since it was a Trilogo specific figure, should it only be paired with a PBP blaster? Or could it have been with a Kenner blaster? Sometimes I see people displaying or selling theirs with the blue IG88/Imperial Officer colored imperial blaster. Is that correct (or a possibility) or should Trilogo Fett always have a blue/black imperial blaster?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Fett blaster question   Tri-logo Fett blaster question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Light blue Fett is not a tri logo specific figure. There is no PBP unique blaster either? I'd say darker blaster V3, V7 or V8 will suffice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Fett blaster question   Tri-logo Fett blaster question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tri-logo Fett blaster question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1