The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy rebel commander

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:16 pm

"With all the help on TIG we will have Ledy mastered" :clap: And Chris that stache looks reddish to me.
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:27 pm

xiskool wrote:
Thanks, Jason. By the way, here are photos of mine, could not avoid the shadows on the right side of the photos:
Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Ledyrc11 Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Ledyrc12 Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Ledyrc13

Thanks again for the help.

-chris

Yea it looks reddish brown actually Chris. More brown than mine I think Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Rc_sta10 but still has the red in it. It is truly hard to tell for sure without holding it but your pictures are really clear. Your glasses and hood look perfect ledy. Excellent figure and great color example. I will have some good comparison shots by next week I will post right away. We can go into detail about the boots, face and logos. The mustache does appear to vary a little as we see from Chris's example.

Jason
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Okay, thanks for the help. Guess we gotta wait for the earth to rotate a little more before we hear from some of the other guys. : )

-chris
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:26 pm

i think i see red.is this figure afa or did you send it in for a certificate from tom derby?Dan.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 am

No, I bought the RC already graded. No COA's for most of the Ledy's or it would be crazy expensive to get them cased/graded.

BTW - Congrats on the 90 LL Jawa! I saw your other post and think I know the one you bought. Very nice!

-chris
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:26 am

thank's bro.ya regular afa is like $30 a figure. sending it to get a certificate from tomy is like $90 -$130 depending on how fast you want it turned around and if you buy the uv case and archival upgrade.i know when i sent my toltoy jawa to be certified i had it done the quickest way add i bought all the extra upgrades i think it was right aroud $130 US.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:59 am

Here ya go first one i found in my treasure chest ...

LL RebCom
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/users/3011/13/96/10/album/th/llrebc10.jpg

Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Llrebc10

Yes his tache does look more red the more you zoom in, step back and it looks a darker colour.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:20 am

Ah, that one looks identical to mine. Thanks for sharing. Hope you don't mind but I changed the white balance and exposure on your photo, can you let me know if this is an accurate representation of what yours looks like in person? I used the background to set the white balance and just bumped up the exposure a little:

Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Llrebc10

-chris
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:31 am

Yes thats pretty close, the skin tone has lightened some tho.

I also have another one here thats Wolffs and its boots are slightly darker, the tache appears a little more red but you can see its not as neat a paint job as the other (red dotting on one side)

Edit
Ill have to ask him if i can use photos of it.

Last edited by The Admiral on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:39 am

I can definitely see how these could be confused for brown since even holding mine in my hand it looks brown to me, but definitely reddish when viewing up close.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:43 am

I have another somewhere ill have to locate him and see how close he is to these 2, the boots on Wolffs are definately darker and i noticed some detail on the back is painted where on this other it is not (the 2 black patches on his back has some unpainted parts on mine, on Wolffs theyre painted all black) - the plot thickens lol

Im just off to bed (in from nightshift), will get more photos up later ... oooh the suspence!!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Ok here is my other Reb Commander (on the repro-card), now you can see the differences with these 2 straight away, boots, scarf colour, moustache red.

The 2 of mine were both bought from Mexico as was the 3rd for Wolff, are there variants of him or are the other 2 a totally different COO figure?

Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Llrebc11
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:11 pm

The Admiral wrote:
Ok here is my other Reb Commander (on the repro-card), now you can see the differences with these 2 straight away, boots, scarf colour, moustache red.

The 2 of mine were both bought from Mexico as was the 3rd for Wolff, are there variants of him or are the other 2 a totally different COO figure?

Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 Llrebc11

Yes I see the differences Rob. It still does appear that the Scarf and glasses are a shade of grey and not brown. Is that correct. The 2 shades of grey are a little different but I would not say brown on those. I do see the stache difference and even the symbols? Did you put him on the card Rob?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:16 pm

yo rob are you seeing what i'm seeing?.your avatar and some pic's not all are pic's but some are coming in as red x boxes?is anybody else see this.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Under magnification the repro card one leans more to a brown than a grey, yeh i recarded this guy, it appears there are either 2 variants of him or the 2 i have are not Ledy which is more probable unless we find some carded or more AFA ones of them.

Yes Dan my images arent showing as my website is down, no worries. (fixed) Smile
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Something else we need to consider too is the release of the Imperio Contraataca figures, as with R2D2 there will no doubt be some variants, some homework needed on this so i guess we cant just dismiss anything until we find out what this guy looked like, as with R2 - if he has differences he may be around but in smaller numbers. Get your detective heads on guys Smile

Homework will be needed on:

Rebel Commander
Luke Bespin
Han Bespin
Snowtrooper
Darth Vader
C3P0
R2D2
Chewbacca
Yoda
Leia Bespin

Last edited by The Admiral on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

awesome.we need full strength investigation on this.who know's anyone with a imperio contraataca collection.any dealer's in mexico.good work Rob.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:08 pm

guys guys guys.....

dont get too much on
-sprayed bigger/smaller
- is more/less reddish
- is more/less grey

Its the f***ing Ledy company......One barrel of color was empty next one was used....They had no quality control.

For me all these RC are the same...no variants at all.

If you take 10 RC next to each other, 5 of them will slightly look different or have shlightly different colors!! Thats a little over the top IMO

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Wolff, im not looking for variants with the RC, im trying to determine if the 2 i have are Ledy, they have differences to yours, the other guys are making sure theirs are Ledy.

Your quite content to say Robs 2 are Ledy? With the noticable differences being the tache colour, boot colour and scarf colour - my 2 differ to yours yet both mine are exactly the same, sure it can easily be new can of paint etc i know but these questions will arise again no doubt.

Ive also emailled Todd Chamberlain as according to SWCA he owns some original Imperio, have asked if he knows of any noticable differences with the Imperio releases and the LL makes.

I for one would LOVE a full loose set of the Imperio figures so we DO need to identify which they are amongst the loose

(just tying up loose ends Wink )
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:04 pm

yes i would love a complete imperio contraataca set.rob were those early release Ledy's?.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Yes Dan, it seems they were made in Spain for Ledy to do a test market with, there may be no differences with some, im not sure but we do need to ID which they are for the Ledy guide, i would imagine some may just be paint differences to possible COO / Date Stamp / Cape / Weapon differences etc etc.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:26 pm

wow this news is exciting .the same as i got my first bike. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Dan.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:15 pm

The Admiral wrote:
Yes Dan, it seems they were made in Spain for Ledy to do a test market with, there may be no differences with some, im not sure but we do need to ID which they are for the Ledy guide, i would imagine some may just be paint differences to possible COO / Date Stamp / Cape / Weapon differences etc etc.

I wonder if thats true......as far as I know no carded imperio survived only some cardbacks.

Second point is that there is 100% nothing changed for the mexican market to test it! That doesnt make no sense at all. they just took some spanish figures from the assembly line and packed them on the imperio cards...nothing more!!

If you want to identify your two RCs for sure make me some closeups (if possible sharp ones) from their faces!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:00 am

Has anyone else come across the different arms version? (not my picture)
Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 LLrebelcommander_arms03
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:20 am

Ive been looking for him James (for quite a while lol) but havent found one yet, im defo interested in scrutinising this guy once i find him Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy rebel commander

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next