The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy rebel commander

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:24 pm

i think the right one is a regular no coo "made in..."a common figure Wink
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:34 pm

wbobafett wrote:
sacko wrote:
Guys,

Ayways we know there are variants within ledy like the CCP, how do we not know that this isn't also a ledy variant? I was sold mine as a ledy also. Here are the pics.

Thanks

Jason

hi jason:

!. did you bought the one from the right from mexico???? I think not!

2. there is no carded proof of another ledy version

3. the one on the right can be get everywhere......I can surf through ebay and show you 20 auctions with this figure!!!

Believe me and the rest of us: the right one is 100% not Ledy!

Wolff

Wolff,

1. You are correct it did not come from Mexico but was sold as Ledy.
2. I understand that. As we all can see the symbols are appear to be different, scarf and eyeglasses a diff color, the face color different and the mustache a lighter red.
3. I just did some surfing and I saw many RC's but none matching exactly without a question to the seller. I also saw a No COO with what looked like no Made in.

Anyways may not be ledy but I am doubting it is more common than the standard RC.

Thanks for all the input guys

Jason
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 pm

sacko wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
sacko wrote:
Guys,

Ayways we know there are variants within ledy like the CCP, how do we not know that this isn't also a ledy variant? I was sold mine as a ledy also. Here are the pics.

Thanks

Jason

hi jason:

!. did you bought the one from the right from mexico???? I think not!

2. there is no carded proof of another ledy version

3. the one on the right can be get everywhere......I can surf through ebay and show you 20 auctions with this figure!!!

Believe me and the rest of us: the right one is 100% not Ledy!

Wolff

Wolff,

1. You are correct it did not come from Mexico but was sold as Ledy.
2. I understand that. As we all can see the symbols are appear to be different, scarf and eyeglasses a diff color, the face color different and the mustache a lighter red.
3. I just did some surfing and I saw many RC's but none matching exactly without a question to the seller. I also saw a No COO with what looked like no Made in.

Anyways may not be ledy but I am doubting it is more common than the standard RC.

Thanks for all the input guys

Jason

Sorry to hear it was sold to you as a Ledy Jason hopefully getting the Lili Ledy guide complete will stop some people from doing this in the future (weather its deliberate or through lack of information.)

Unfortunately the one on the right is a common figure i have one myself and i believe there is one for sale now in the TIG classified's.

Its certainly common compared to a genuine LL RC or The Dark Boots PBP Variant Javi pictured earlier (which was awesome btw!)

Jay
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Yes JAy, is a very common figure IMO,i purchased one from a UK seller last week just cos i needed the weapon Total cost 3GBP shipped...
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:39 pm

yo jay did you have a carded figure on the way?and it is of the one figure in question.what type of cardback is it,or what country did it come from.
question 2.wolff was uppp.did you say there are two variant's of the rebel commander.is it the one figure you put a pic of.Dan.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 am

ok the figure on the right is actually either off of a german general mills card or a dutch clipper card.that's good new's.now i know what it is.thank you for the info Jay.does anyone have a pic of this figure on a german or dutch(clipper) moc.DanLili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledy_s10
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:05 am

vintageSWfan wrote:
ok the figure on the right is actually either off of a german general mills card or a dutch clipper card.that's good new's.now i know what it is.thank you for the info Jay.does anyone have a pic of this figure on a german or dutch(clipper) moc.DanLili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledy_s10

Dan its important to note that i said it can be found on German GM MOC's and Dutch Clippers but it is probably available on more European MOC's than just these two. Smile

Ultimately its a widespread common figure in the scheme of things hopefully when we do the LL Guide for the Rebel Commander we can add a section so people to confuse this figure as a LL in the future Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:17 am

ya,that's a good idea Jay. this figure would be a perfect example of a ledy look a like but it's the european variant so many get confused on.Ledy's are so tricky.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:21 am

BTW I emailed the seller to try to find out where he got it. I will keep you posted Smile.

Jason
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 am

UPDATE Smile

The seller replied to me right away. Although he does not remember who sold him the figure he offered me a full refund. Super nice guy and like me was fooled by the ledy look alike. It is very cool that there are people like this out there! Thank you to this seller, I will def buy from them again! I directed him here after a few good conversations so hopefully he will join us.

WOOT!

Jason
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Great news Jason! Nice work with this thread as well otherwise you would never have known!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:03 pm

joe your avatar is killr :clap:
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:26 am

Hey guys, I am a little late to this thread. I am not sure if I am reading the thread correctly but is the conclusion that a LL RC should have a reddish mustache? Wolff posted info early that said the facial hair must be reddish but I am not sure if that was a general statement or in relation to a specific photo posted. The reason I ask is because the thread linked back to RS has a MOC Ledy RC that appears to me to be totally brown and not reddish at all. Now keep in mind I am color blind but I don't think I have a problem with browns or reds.

-chris

Last edited by xiskool on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:40 am

"thread linked back to RS has a MOC Ledy RS that appears to me to be totally brown and not reddish at all" I'm sure we can get Weasel to take another picture. So there may be 2 LL versions, so scarf and boot paint is the important factors??
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:59 am

sweet.xiscool or james could ya put the that carded example of the other Ledy Rebel Commander with browm mustache on here.thank's Dan.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:01 am

Here ya go:

Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 RS_moc
Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 RS_face
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:13 am

wow that is cool .it's definitley reel it's authenticated afa so i'm pretty sure the card has'nt been tampered with.thank's xiscool.what is your name by the way.Dan.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:15 am

i think this might be the other variation wolff mentioned?maby wolff will chime in.i'll pm him.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:24 am

thats also a reddish mustache IMO.....depends on light!

There is NO variants of the RC known....I just mentioned that the black parts from the chest can be painted splitted or together. This is no varinat IMO, just a question of color amount sprayed through spray mask!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:01 am

oh ok.so the variant is in the chest mold slight difference.this one is possible the same red mustache just has dark lighting can't see it very well?Dan.
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:42 pm

I pulled the photo into my photo editor and the white balance and exposure on this one is spot on. For this particular figure, the lighting could not be any better, which is surprising since most people do not know how to set white balance or proper exposure.

The reason I brought this up again is because my AFA-graded loose one seems identical to this one. I think I see a touch of red but it seems mostly brown to me. I will take a photo later and let the experts take a look since I am still learning what to look for.

-chris
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm

BTW, I will be able to answer this question soon boys Wink

Jason
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks, Jason. By the way, here are photos of mine, could not avoid the shadows on the right side of the photos:
Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledyrc11 Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledyrc12 Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledyrc13

Thanks again for the help.

-chris
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:05 pm

xiskool wrote:
Thanks, Jason. By the way, here are photos of mine, could not avoid the shadows on the right side of the photos:
Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledyrc11 Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledyrc12 Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 Ledyrc13

Thanks again for the help.

-chris

That is a beautiful figure Chris and great pictures for reference. With all the help on TIG we will have Ledy mastered.

Thanks to everyone so far.

Jason
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Jason - So what do you think, does the stache look reddish or brown to you? I don't trust my eyes and like Wolff said, the lighting makes a big difference.

-chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy rebel commander

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next