The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 11:01 am

It's time for another update of me. Here's a few new additions to my POCH/PBP collection....

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 IHjuBu5

1.Dengar (POCH) - Mixed Family Legs from COO's #1 and #2 Both of which are marked ©1980 LFL!! Plus some well dodgy paint work.
2.Darth Vader (POCH) - Not the most exciting of variants but the below image highlights some of the typical POCH traits.
3.Princess Leia Organa (POCH) - Melt marks, poor sonic welding, pale hands and a PENIS!!!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 6eYnzcu

4.Snowtrooper (PBP) - This was part of a Christmas display in my local vintage collectables shop. The owner made me wait till he'd changed his display over which wasn't that bad is he only asked for a tenner for this super minty PBP snowtrooper!!
5.Han Trench Coat (Kenner) - Another variant I'd somehow never bothered to look for but managed to pick up off SWFUK. I'm not sure what collectors call him but the face sculpt is more "simple" on these COO#2's compared to the COO#1's.

Last edited by walkie on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Nice additions.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Nice Stef , dengar and leia poch are 2 I still need .... cheers  awesome

can you take a pic of vaders head close up front and back , your looks a bit different than my poch vader

.... and I always heard the han trenchcoat refered to as the soft sculpt .
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 7:54 am

Stef - nice new loosies. Love the camo lapel Han and you got a bargain with the minty-looking Snowtrooper  cyclops

Yzerman wrote:
Artoo_Detour wrote:
Nice pickups!

Tommy - cracking posters with great art. I haven't seen those before, were they part of a promotion or the type you'd sometimes see displayed and rolled up for sale in shops back in day?

Thanks for the comments about the posters, guys!

I haven't researched the posters so much. I think the ROTJ might have been an in-store bonus gift or a poster you could order through the fan club.

The two smaller posters from ANH are promotion ones from Proctor & Gamble. Perhaps you had to buy something to get them. I don't know. I haven't done my research  lol!

Tommy, I found some info on the posters on an auction site from 2015: https://www.vintagemovieposters.co.uk/shop/star-wars-proctor-and-gamble-1-of-3/
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 10:32 am

been looking for a really clean meccano death star droid for years .....
BUT that's just not gonna happen with this variant as they all seem to be beat to hell.... Sad

so my no coo raised blank bar meccano death star droid
at least he was cheap Razz

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 Mcdsd
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 am

Mine looks almost like that and I still paid $100 US to get it. Just a hard to find figure and when they come round you better be ready to grab it because others are in line. At least they have been, but it seems like variant hunters are more interested in the Spanish lines or the ledy line than these few French figures (myself included). I have chased down the full ledy lineup, but still don't have the meccano luke, rebel soldier, etc...
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:08 am

Nice one Bill, those DSD are a bitch to find in the wild, although didn't I see that one on eBAY?
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 am

it was actually , I talked the seller down which was cool of him . mine is just so beat up but they all are aren't they . Bryan does yours stand up? stef? mine the limbs are the loosest of any figure I own . hes just leaning basically in the back in my display. as far as being "focused" im am absolutely not , I just grab whatever variants I can that interest me . I do feel some people are just jackasses these days , anyone see the dark brown rebel soldier that's above 1400 us on ebay ... idiots Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:23 am

Quote :
anyone see the dark brown rebel soldier that's above 1400 us

crazy thing is one sold on ebay 3 days ago for £395.00 !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 am

No mine wont stand on his own either. Easily one of the loosest jointed figures I have. I use those doll stands for these loose ones think they are called Kaiser doll stands?

The dark brown rebel soldier is another one I really want, but I cant force myself to pay those kind of prices. Wasn't even a year ago they were selling around $250. Then suddenly it seemed they jumped to ridiculous amounts. Same thing happened to ledy for a while, the burgundy bib and red squid head are both still high in that line. I don't buy much of anything star wars now days as prices are killing my collectables wallet.
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Stef - nice new loosies. Love the camo lapel Han and you got a bargain with the minty-looking Snowtrooper  cyclops

Yzerman wrote:
Artoo_Detour wrote:
Nice pickups!

Tommy - cracking posters with great art. I haven't seen those before, were they part of a promotion or the type you'd sometimes see displayed and rolled up for sale in shops back in day?

Thanks for the comments about the posters, guys!

I haven't researched the posters so much. I think the ROTJ might have been an in-store bonus gift or a poster you could order through the fan club.

The two smaller posters from ANH are promotion ones from Proctor & Gamble. Perhaps you had to buy something to get them. I don't know. I haven't done my research  lol!

Tommy, I found some info on the posters on an auction site from 2015: https://www.vintagemovieposters.co.uk/shop/star-wars-proctor-and-gamble-1-of-3/

Thanks for the info! I will try to find the third one with Vader and Obi-Wan Smile
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 10:26 am

hellhippie wrote:

can you take a pic of vaders head close up front and back , your looks a bit different than my poch vader

Bill, he's an album with some pics of vaders helmet Shocked

https://imgur.com/a/9Xabw/all
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:26 am

Stef is it possible that this is a hybrid with maybe Kenner parts? The reason I ask is it is thought that the poch Vader has a head with an epm on the rear.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p285-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread-part-one#85447

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/poch-variants/darth-vader/
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 7:37 pm

walkie wrote:
hellhippie wrote:

Bill, he's an album with some pics of vaders helmet  Shocked

https://imgur.com/a/9Xabw/all

cheers stef , your photography skills are always amazing ...

on another note my poch vaders head is different for sue , mine has the epm in the back but its not as
'chewed" up as wolff describes in his guide either unsure doh as always poch variants never cease to amaze and intrigue me

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:23 am

I checked over but Marco's & Wolff's write ups. Guides are guides at the end of the day and the subject matter (POCH) is a tricky one before we even start.

It's widely thought that POCH imported parts from HK so why the saber and head on the Vaders would be "chewed up" or "rough" doesn't really make sense to me. Now I haven't had chance to compare my POCH Vader to a Kenner one of the same COO as I don't own one, so the first question is do all the Kenner one's in this family have the EPM mark on the back of the head?

As for my example it came from Spain and has the following traits...

Correct COO = Y
Meltmarks = Y
"Penis" between legs = Y
Unique Cape = N (Mine appears to be a Kenner with zipping)
EPM on back of head = N
Tilted Head = Y
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:01 am

lol!  not trying to star anything controversial here just getting some info as I don't know many that do own poch vaders .... thanks for the info ,

Mine has originated from spain as well.........

Correct COO = Y
Meltmarks = Y
"Penis" between legs = Y
Unique Cape = N (Mine appears to be a Kenner with zipping)
EPM on back of head =Y
Tilted Head = N

The body on mine also appears "violet-ish" in bright light
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:20 am

Sorry Bill I didn't mean to come across as rude or anything. Its my understanding that yes there are POCH hybrids like my dengrr with mixed up legs, but as to what makes a true POCH vader I'm not really sure.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:43 am

Didn't mean to get anyone upset. I was just asking as I don't collect the Spanish line much anymore. Does Oscar have one? Someone might be able to reach out to him and see what he has to say if they desire to do so. Javi might also be willing to help out with an answer (to bad his book isn't out yet).
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 am

no one came off as rude no worries, it just seemed that I might have started a heated discusiion a bit , sorry for it really , poch is a bitch for sure , just seeing who else has what and what he variations of figures are around. we are all friends here Very Happy , didn't mean to hijack the recent purchases thread . perhaps the poch guide is where I should've asked questions and such
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Nice addition, Bill!

What's next on the short list?

Edit: Although it's not vintage, I got this as a gift recently!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 20160213
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:39 am

cool addition matt , by the way , what the hell is it ???? lol! unsure
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:48 am

hellhippie wrote:
cool addition matt , by the way , what the hell is it ???? lol! unsure

Hahaha.. I should've used a better angle. It's a sign/ wall display. I think I've seen them at the Hobby Lobby.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 10:45 am

I was thinking some kind of wall art piece. I like these type of things even if they are modern.
Back to top Go down
big_hairy_chewbacca74
New User
New User
big_hairy_chewbacca74

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Part new purchase, part original childhood Darth Vader tie fighter.  Bought a junker that had all the missing parts I needed and she is ready for battle again. Yes I foolishly bit the ends off of my lightsabers when I was a child because I thought they looked stupid with the ends. Evil or Very Mad

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 12651110
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Always awesome to have childhood toys become whole again. On the saber thing your not alone. I am sure many removed the small ends or they broke off over time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11 - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next