The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Empty
PostSubject: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:43 am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Volumes -

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 5

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 8

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 9

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

cheers 

Welcome to Volume 10!!

who's going first?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:58 am

I was expecting more arrivals this week, but the past two days we have been pounded by snow here in the North East US, so things are backed up at the post office I guess. Sad

BUT....

Here's an upgrade to my regular Ledy Leia Bespin. The cape does have a small rip under her left arm however. But both the figure and cape are a nice upgrade over my Leias. :)Blaster is a V4 Blue based on my guide. Nothing  unique.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 12520969375_174e4a74d9_z

And I didn't read the listing right and received this Speeder Bike which the bike parts are still all factory sealed. I wanted it to play with display.  lol! 
Box is in nice shape and doesn't have that harsh crease on the back which is nice. Came with Jedi Collections cat and paperwork too.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 12521459304_df22861f24_nYour Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 12520977185_66324cd11f_nYour Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 12521082033_9a249004d9_n

I do want to trade this for a complete loose Speeder Bike in like new condition plus something extra. Anyone interested, PM me for more pics.

Anyway..........
cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:01 am

Congratulations, those are two very nice pieces Jay!  :clap:
The MIB Speeder Bike is one of the best I've seen.  :Drool: 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Great pickups Jay! Very nice MIB Speeder Bike  cheers
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:38 pm

cheers I like very much!
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm very happy to add this 12" scale Chewbacca to my small 12" collection.  I now have Vader, Fett, Jawa and Chewie.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Img_0110

And a couple of Canadian cardbacks, I'm getting fairly close to having at least one of every figure.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Img_0111
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 am

Catching up with your latest purchases. You guys go fast, Volume 10 already!  cheers

Ryan: Nice minty AT-ST driver, Snowtrooper, and Zuckuss  MOCs. Congrats on the Trilogo R2 too.  Very Happy
Your MOC collection is rapidly growing.

Larry: Great oddball Darth Vader speaker phone!  Very Happy

Chris: Nice SW-C Vader baggie. On my wish list too to complete my DV case one day.
Congrats on the Trilogo Vader too. Very Happy

Steve (bonglee23): Thank you for the info on the German posters. Much appreciated. +
Congrats on the Trilogo AT-ST Driver and AT-AT Driver. The AT-AT Driver looks very minty.Very Happy

Alex: Nice set of Stormis and Luke Bespin cardbacks.   Stormie Smiley 
Great that James helped you with the shallow V Power Droid. And that is a fantastic set of deck cards from Jay!  cheers

Nicolas: Congrats on the PBP catalog and showing us some pics of it being unfolded. Very Happy

Jay: Sweet Playmobil R2  knock off. Very Happy
I still should have my childhood one at my parent's place somewhere. Together with a Space shuttle like vehicle from the same line.

Stef: Nice minty set of loose figure additions. The Hungarian Han Solo is pretty convincing. At first look, I didn't realize it was a bootleg. Very Happy

Jay: Fantastic that you managed to pick some more SW childhood toys at your parent's home! The reassembled Death Star playset looks great. That must be a great feeling looking at it after all those years.  
I can't help you with more info on the Vader mask, but it is a great idea to have it displayed in your collection. For sure your brother would have liked it that way.
Sweet set of cardbacks too. The Palitoy SDC rocks! As well as the Ledy Cloud car Pilot off course. Very Happy

Clint: Congrats finding some many new US and Canadian cardbacks. Very Happy

Steve: Nice score on the mint Ledy Ackbar and B-Wing Pilot.
The LL Ackbar is a tricky one. Good decision to buy it from a reliable source.
And great that you liked our little gift. Very Happy

Lee (eljawa). The tranistion card CCP is a gem.  :clap:
Nice mini collection of transition cards BTW.  :Drool:

Adam: Congrats on the Ledy Imperial Commander. Very Happy

Bud: Very mint Imperial Dignitary w/o nose rubs. Well done. Very Happy

Nicolas: Nice set of loose figures from good sources. Your POCH and PBP collection is steadily growing. Nice! Very Happy

Jesse: Great 12 inch Chewie and Canadian cardbacks! Very Happy

Jay: Congrats on the MIB Speeder Bike and the Ledy Leia Bespin. Nice additions!
To be honest - and being a Lili Ledy collector this is a hard thing to say, but here it goes  - the Ledy Leia Bespin head sculpt really sucks!
I mean, seriously, is that the face of a princess?   Very Happy

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Dia1_zpsa7d5ba25

Cheers guys,

Have a nice weekend!

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:04 am

I'm over the moon with this one. My first 'Star Wars' MOC. I don't have a huge budget for MOCs but a First Film one was an obvious gap in the collection. I got this guy for £56 delivered. Nobody else seemed to fancy bidding on him possibly due to a poor description. He has a crease up the bottom middle of the card but the seal is the real deal so I'm glad I took the chance.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Jawa14
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:32 am

FINALLY!!!

Hungarian overflow!!!!

I completed my Vader...and my brown haired Leia!!! Shocked Shocked

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Img_7756a

I am so damn proud of that Vader now!! I dont know...but I only know of three complete ones (with red molded saber...and of course I am talking loose)

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:50 am

Jesse - nice Canadian backs - by chance do you have a Leia Bespin you could share a picture of? Smile

Chip - yeah, for some reason Jawa MOCs don't go for too much and good deals can be had on them.

Wolff - love those Hungarians! That Vader is very nice and that Leia's face is very nice compared to the one you have FS right now! Congrats!!!!

One day I hope to add a Hungry Luke to my farmboy focus.  bounce 

OH and Marco - yeah, the Ledy Leia Bespin is fugly!!! There are two different masks I believe (too hard to confirm since the ones I have in hand are worn and unable to really tell if they are different or better/poorly applied)
Either way, neither are great - the eyes are too low in the socket and the lack of eyebrows is just weird.
But like a lot of Ledy's, she is definitely unique. What a Face

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 am

......sorry...but if you find that Leia figure ugly....wait for some of the Hoth variants  Razz Razz Razz 

Seriously ....LL isn't also not the most ugliest bespin version IMO!!

And Jay....I have a "black" haired one with a prettier face....brown hair also looks a bit strict  Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:08 am

some fantastic new pic ups guys, as always  Very Happy 
Loving that Hungarian Vader bootleg Wolff very nice mate.

nothing particularly fancy from me, but i'm happy to add these coo variants to my collection.
I picked up the Ledy Biker Scout, with Ledy blaster from the U.S and it spurred me on to pick up a few other coo variants.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 DSCF7074_zps403f6694
from left to right MIHK, MITW, LL, no coo skinny limbs

Also a couple of Palitoy/European, no coo figures and after seeing that cool little Playmobil R2 knockoff of Jays, i picked this one up cheap, but he's missing his decals.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 DSCF7078_zps375d9e8d
no coo Palitoy/Euro Dengar, Playmobil Space GE5P, no coo Palitoy/Euro IC
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:38 am

Declan: Congrats landing your first 12-back. Must feel like a sweet victory getting it so cheap! Very Happy

Wolff: Very nice you managed to add two more loose Hungarians to your focus.  :clap: 

psybertech wrote:

OH and Marco - yeah, the Ledy Leia Bespin is fugly!!! There are two different masks I believe (too hard to confirm since the ones I have in hand are worn and unable to really tell if they are different or better/poorly applied)
Either way, neither are great - the eyes are too low in the socket and the lack of eyebrows is just weird.
But like a lot of Ledy's, she is definitely unique. What a Face

cheers!
Very Happy

Yeah, she might not be the prettiest girl in the class, but you can bet I appreciate her very much nonetheless.
Forgot about Hamburger Hoth Leia, thanks for reminding me Wolff.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:42 am

wbobafett wrote:
......sorry...but if you find that Leia figure ugly....wait for some of the Hoth variants  Razz Razz Razz 

And Jay....I have a "black" haired one with a prettier face....brown hair also looks a bit strict  Razz Razz 

Yeah, I have to agree that Leia got the short end of the stick in the face department on pretty much all her versions.
Most Bespins are ugly with the exception of the 'pretty faced' (Ledy/Poch/Kenner/Palitoy) ones and raised bar China Kenners IMO. The rest vary in degrees of ugliness.
Hoth is overall the worst I think - Poncho not good - Boushh not too bad - white official ones overall had decent sculpts.

But overall, it is almost like the sculptors had no idea what a woman looked like (no offense to any Kenner sculptors who may read this lol! ) ! And I am shocked they didn't over emphasize her boobs. tongue

cheers!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:46 am

psybertech wrote:
wbobafett wrote:

Yeah, I have to agree that Leia got the short end of the stick in the face department on pretty much all her versions.
Most Bespins are ugly with the exception of the 'pretty faced' (Ledy/Poch/Kenner/Palitoy) ones and raised bar China Kenners IMO. The rest vary in degrees of ugliness.
Hoth is overall the worst I think - Poncho not good - Boushh not too bad - white official ones overall had decent sculpts.

But overall, it is almost like the sculptors had no idea what a woman looked like (no offense to any Kenner sculptors who may read this lol!) ! And I am shocked they didn't over emphasize her boobs. tongue

cheers!

If only Hoth had a helmet like boushh  lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:49 am

I forgot to mention Chris' newest addition. Congrats on your short mouth Bikerscout and the other loose figures, mate! Very Happy
That is the Made in China Imperial Commander?

psybertech wrote:

cheers!

Slightly Off topic, but you ever seen the POTF2 Leia?  She looks like a man.  Shocked 

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 POTF2leiafront

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2leia.asp
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:50 am

Come to think of it, as much as everyone wanted a Slave Leia in the line, I hate to think how un-sexy they would have made her.  affraid Perhaps if they did, I might have been turned off to Slave Girls and Strippers.  Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:52 am

Marco, that's no man, it's a female Russian shot putter!  lol!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
I forgot to mention Chris' newest addition. Congrats on your short mouth Bikerscout and the other loose figures, mate! Very Happy
That is the Made in China Imperial Commander?

Thanks for the coo info correction Marco  Very Happy

That is one fugly Leia, I dont really like any of the figures in this line, they are all way too muscular
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Congrats on the SW Jawa chipsteak, that's a hell of a find for £56!

Wolff, those weapons for your Hungarian boots look fantastic.  Vader kicks so much ass!

Chris, great looking Scouts, the quality of your pics are as nice as the figures themselves.

psybertech wrote:
Jesse - nice Canadian backs - by chance do you have a Leia Bespin you could share a picture of? Smile

Sure do, I dug it out and grabbed a couple quick pics.  I really need to build/buy a light box, my old one got trashed when we moved.

My Bespin Leia is a 41B, she's also available on 31A and 31B backs (source).

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 IMG_0173_zps71c6f5a4

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 IMG_0176_zps0704143c
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:20 pm

JesseVader08 wrote:
....My Bespin Leia is a 41B, she's also available on 31A and 31B backs ....

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 IMG_0173_zps71c6f5a4

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 IMG_0176_zps0704143c

OK... I REALLLLLLLLY want that 41B!
This changes my knowledge on Leia Bespin cardbacks.

The picture used for that Candian 41B is the "Profile" picture which up until now, I believed only was used on:
Kenner 31B
Palitoy 30A
and a slightly modified profile picture on the Tri-Logos

It is very strange the 41B used that and to be honest, I would have thought it was fake!
I have recently seen a 41 back custom printed card that used a "profile" picture and laughed at it. Now I have to wonder if the creator used a Canadian 41B as a source.

Regardless, I am very, very interested in that! Do you have a spare?  Rolling Eyes Smile

Thanks, Jesse, for sharing that!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Nice pickups everyone , good stuff!!

Got a couple of cool items in!

Miscard General Madine on Chewbacca

Untitled

Jabba Pre-Production (Thanks Tim!!)

Untitled
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Nice hauls as ever.

Is it my imagination or is there a higher than normal amount of miscards on later-era Palitoy figures? During the era when they introduced the bigger, more shapeless bubbles. Was there a lot of alcohol consumed in Coalville circa 1984?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 4:37 am

Jesse - congrats on the Chewie and Canadian cardback additions  cheers  Good luck finishing the character run!

Chipsteak - Congrats, I think you got a great SW moc for your 56 quid all in!  cheers 

Wolff - Congrats on the Hungarians! I like their accessories too - Vader's cape and red moulded weapons - gives them a slight vampiric look imo. Vader's saber even looks like blood is dripping from it  What a Face

wbobafett wrote:

I completed my Vader...and my brown haired Leia!!!  Shocked Shocked
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Img_7756a

Chris - Great line up of minty Biker Scout baddies  cheers 
and good you managed to add a Playmobil GE-5P robot. Even without decals he is cool. My frst one had damaged decals but since then I managed to find a better one online. The Playmo space series is a really cool line Cool 

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Pif-7610
http://thevintagetoyadvertiser.org/category/playmobil-playmobil/

John - Congrats on the Madine/Chewie miscard and the cool Jabba proto!!  Cool 

Marco - Nice review. Agree that POTF2 Leia sculpt is bad... the figure is sometimes known as the 'Monkey-faced Leia'

Dr Dengar wrote:

psybertech wrote:

Yeah, I have to agree that Leia got the short end of the stick in the face department on pretty much all her versions.cheers!

Slightly Off topic, but you ever seen the POTF2 Leia?  She looks like a man.  Shocked 

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 POTF2leiafront

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2leia.asp

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 Da096510

Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/85568461643295347/
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:15 am

Nice additions everyone. @ John, congratulations on getting the pre-production Jabba!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next