The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! Empty
PostSubject: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Previous Volumes -

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 1

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 2

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are stock pics on his site mate.
Only once i have recieved the figure pictured on his site.

My R2 bubble wasn't dented tho, but it does have a teeny push on the top but very very minor.
Mmm tricky one that, its still very nice for a tri.

Like i said yesterday they vary between afa 80 & 85, i'd say yours looks C85/B80/F85

Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Yeah thats what I think but was advertised as a C9+ and with that pic so what am I suppose to think!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm

tigerham wrote:
Yeah thats what I think but was advertised as a C9+ and with that pic so what am I suppose to think!

Yeah it should state stock photos tbh. But its common knowledge that Toni has cases of these things so he will just send one in the condition requested. When i asked about mine he asked what condition i wanted as he said he had c8 up to c9+

Im sure he'l sort it mate, he's normally spot on with his grading. Remember tri's are incredibly hard to find with nice bubbles and what you have is still better than most.

But i agree if the pic he shows has no bubble dent then you should get one with no dents.

Hopefully he'l replace it or something.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah I asked him about swapping it for an actual C9+ and nicely too Smile I know tri bubbles are hard to find in great condition but this is why I went for this one as by the pic the bubble is great, unfortuantely the one I received was not so. Sad Fingers crossed as not sure what to expect reply-wise!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Here's a pic of mine mate.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! Tri_po10

i'd say mine was spot on what i was expecting.

Im sure he'l be fine, he's been around forever so im sure he'l see you right.

Don't hesitate to buy some german 45 backs from him tho Ham, those are very mint.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:19 pm

No go dude.

"Ive sent you a 9+ example- c9+ is not mint and will show some imperfections thats why its graded c9+ and not c9.5 or mint- not all the pics on the site are of the exact figure but i send out the equivalent grade - the example pictured on the website had some imperfections to the bubble and was graded as such. I no longer have that one and youve been sent one of equivalent grade thanks toni"

Think thats the last time I buy off him, no offense to anyone who does.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Its a tricky one mate.

Tbh i thought he'd just change it to keep a happy customer, seeing as he has multiples.

Like he said c9 will still have flaws. I guess the card has no issues at all, so he's knocked it down to a c9 due to the tiny ding in the bubble.
My honest opinion is thats a c8.5, but everyone will say different which is why grading something is so tricky.

What he sells them for is about right, when i was looking they were fetching £120-150 and most had a push or small ding so i don't think you overpaid for what you have.

I know it sucks when your not happy with something, but i think you'd still get at least your money back if you decide you don't wanna keep him.

Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Del, my R2 has a ding on every corner unlike the one he states has flaws too in the pic. I've mailed him about a return and full refund including postage and the cost for returning too. we'll see. Got too much of a headache from this guy as he didn't seem to come across as friendly. I asked him questions like does it come with a star case for protection and he ignored it! Fed up mate!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Oh right, sorry Ham thought it just had that one at the top.
Dings in each corner is not good No
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Nah it's cool Del.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm

A very kind gent has put a smile on my face by giving his Heatsealed Tawain Baggie Scouty a new home! Very Happy Chris, thank you so much dude, much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:44 pm

With the bad day you were having with the Tri and I was going to put him up for sale any way, I figured you could use him more than me. Plus Santas watching and I'm hoping Christmas will be as good as my birthday. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Very Happy I'll tell him you've been a good boy but don't forget the sherry and pie... and maybe a carrot for Rudolph! tongue
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:48 pm

As always great buys to everyone! Sorry about the damage to the R2 Ham. I hope you get that sorted out as I know what it is like to get something not in as good condition as you were thinking.

Here's a couple things I received today that I've been paying off the last few months. A big thanks to Tom N and to Craig for making me finally go after these.

First is a Force Lightsaber Cromalin. I'm hoping to get this in a proper frame before the end of the year. This was one of my favorite toys as a kid and I still have it. I'm over the roof in owning a bit of preproduction from it.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! Forcecromalin

Next is the Do you Dare ROTJ ad slick. I'm still trying to track down one of the magazines I've verified this to appear in to go with it.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! Adslick_001
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Big day Shawn! Your first Cromalin ! Awesome piece, it looks great!

I love the ad slick also- great imagery used !
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks Shawn and nice finds dude! Smile
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Awesome stuff Shawn!!!!

Its great to see the Cromalin! It looks fantastic! I can't wait to see how you frame it. Congrats on scoring such a huge piece! Not only for the focus but a favorite piece from your childhood as well!

The ad slick is killer too! I've always loved the imagery of that ad!

Thank you for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Cool Shawn, damn nice m8!!

Oh.......& I dare! I dare!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:01 am

Some fantastic additions since i last checked in on this thread!!! To many to name individually!

Shawn congrats on the Cramlin buddy thats an awesome piece of SW preproduction history i cant wait to see it framed!!!

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm

As always,some outstanding new additions! Cool

Congrats to all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 pm

tigerham wrote:
My R2 arrived this morning safe n sound, really chuffed. The cardback no doubt is at least a 90 but as usual the bubble is anything between an 80-85. But sweet piece none the less. Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! Tri-R2

Ham i think thats a great MOC and taken into account its a Tri i think C9 is probably fairly reasonable (remember how inconsistent some of the AFA Grade threads are!)

If you look at the one on Tonis site in your link there is a white piece of price sticker damage in the top right hand corner.

Del you lucked in big time i would rate yours a C9.9 pretty much!!

Ham its a fantastic looking MOC bro just wanted to highlight the flaw (price sticker damage) on the one on toni's site as that would be in line with a small tri bubble ding in terms how AFA mark down when grading.

Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks Jay but it wasn't just one ding, there was a ding on every corner, hardly close to a C9 really.

It's on it's way back to him no and maybe I'll come across one minty someday!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:49 pm

I was like you jay, i thought it looked really nice. That was until Ham said it was dinged in all 4 corners.
What a shame tho, that card is sweet.

As for mine, yeah its a cracker. It does have a tiny push on the top of the bubble if im being really picky but i don't think i've seen a nicer one.

Some more great buys lately guys, Shawn that cromlin's NICE
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:50 pm

tigerham wrote:
Thanks Jay but it wasn't just one ding, there was a ding on every corner, hardly close to a C9 really.

It's on it's way back to him no and maybe I'll come across one minty someday!

Good to see your getting refunded if your not happy mate if it was me i probably would have considered if it was worth pursing as i wouldnt want to burn a bridge with the source of some of the minty ungraded MOC's on the market considering people on other forums purchase them to then sell on for profit they can be that good! However i fully understand what its like if your not satisfied with a purchase buddy Smile

I have an AFA Graded Tri with 4 small bubble dings (like yours) that is an AFA 85 with straight 85 subs and then i have an amazing MOC the only flaw been a tiny white sticker tear / mark (like the Tri R2 on Toy Tonis site) that is only an AFA 80 (C80-B90-F85) thats kinda what i was getting at.

I think its also worth noting that the vast majorty (i.e close to 95% - 99%) of Tris has some level of bubble bubbles dings and they had them by the time they were put on the store pegs bro. I only have 1 Tri MOC that has zero bubble dings myself and ive been hunting them out for a good while Smile

Jay

Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah I know about the rareity, but was just taken in by that stock pic and got pretty dissapointed that mine not just had one ding, which I could have lived with but four! Cheers Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next