The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kenner fan
New User
New User

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Empty
PostSubject: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 2:01 pm

5 Snowspeeders and 1 B wing fully restored. I had to use replica stickers and 3D printed harpoons for the Snowspeeders.
For the B Wing I only had to use 5 replica stickers. And they all WORK! Lights and sound.

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Img_2415

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Img_2414

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Fullsi14

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Fullsi13
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 2:40 pm

any photos of the 3D printed harpoons, did you do them yourself?
Back to top Go down
kenner fan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Left original, right replica

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Img_2416

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Img_2417

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored Img_2418
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:18 pm

did you print them yourself?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Yesterday I saw the first teaser trailer to the new Star Wars film which made me happy Very Happy

Today I've just seen the teaser for the new wave of inevitable repro's which has made me sad Sad

I'd rather have a Speeder with no stickers rather than repro's and as for the 'printed' harpoon, I'd rather pay the premium (which isn't much) for an original.

Another huge blow to the hobby I guess Sad

Back to top Go down
kenner fan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:09 pm

To everyone,

I posted these pictures because I am proud of the result. I've said that I've used replica stickers and 3D printed harpoons and they are a part of my own personal collection and hey, the originals are way to expensive. I would NEVER sell these parts to someone else.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:19 pm

I payed £7 for my original harpoon, string and block which I think is pretty good and not expensive, it just required a little patience Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Looking at these closely...I can see where these are rough now. You have publicly stated that you do not care what anyone thinks....so it is obvious were you stand on repros.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't think these are 3-D printed- reproparts common shite?
My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored 0000020_replacement-snowspeeder-harpoon-and-block-combo-kit
My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored 0000019_replacement-snowspeeder-harpoon-and-block-combo-kit
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:22 pm

It is cool you can do that I am not to keen on how easy it is to do up very convincing parts on a 3D printer not that you would sell them as originals but there are those out there who would and with all the new people coming into this hobby collecting vintage items they could easily be fooled.

But like I said they do look cool and for your own collection I have no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:23 pm

I think we are looking at cast garbage. I liike how this individual is going out of his way to whine about people not accepting his love for these and basically making it a "Oh the Americans dont like repros" thing. So I take it you love fake stuff according to him James.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:26 pm

I think you did a great job on cleaning them up and getting the electronics running again. Well done, they look great. :clap:

I think that repo and parts have their time & place. If they are place holders until you track down original part, I'm ok with that. You just have to somehow mark them, so you remember they are repo's. I also know that original stickers are getting harder and harder to find, so I'm not sure what to think about them yet.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 2:40 am

KennerFan, if you're serious about restoring (and it seems you are) then why not print your own decals and mark them as repros? A small printed 'r' will not be intrusive to the overal look and will let future owners know they have a repro on their hands.

Same applies to the harpoon and block - but first, can you clarify if it is printed and if you printed it? Or is a Reproparts copy?

If it is a print made to order then why not mark up with a repro stamp somewhere on the parts?

I've only read your opinions here in this thread, but I'm sure you're well aware of the general problem of repro and buyers being scammed?

Today, if I buy a MIB vehicle, I'm having to ask 1: has the vehicle been bleached, 2: does it have repro decals: 3: does it have repro parts, 4: are the inserts repro, 5, is the paperwork repro, and 6: (thanks to Darren Orme's repro boxes) is the box repro, too?

LOL this is fkng insane just to get a vintage collectable toy  Razz

Should just ask if there any original parts left at all, fullstop.

But, one thing, at least Darren Orme marks his new stuff up as repro so there can be no doubt once the item is in hand that it is repro. Of course, easy to stick these things in an auction photo and hope no one asks questions or for close up pics.  

I hope you read this long post and reply because you've come onto TIG which, along with SWFUK, is considerably anti repro. Elsewhere you'll probably get some kudos for what you're doing, but not much here.

Again, if you're serious, and these restos are all for your own collection, why not mark the parts up?

And are the harpoon and blocks printed and did you print them? I'd like to update IG so collectors can be aware.

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
kenner fan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 4:03 am

I don´t have a 3D printer. I bought the harpoons on ebay for $7 each. The stickers are from Australia and Belgium and I've made some modifications so they look a bit ´older´.

Again, let´s not forget that these are from my own personal collection and not for sale

I understand that a lot of members are shocked about the repro parts but as I´ve said before.... these are from my own collection and I don´t want to defend myself.
Someone mentioned that 'I don't care' but that is not true. That was a reply on FB about the way I was treated for being honest about the repro parts.
And I will be honest again, I don't feel welcome on this forum. I (was) proud of my achievements. Read my bio on this forum and you will understand why.
Have a great weekend.

Thomas

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 8:54 am

Thomas

You can't be shocked that you're getting a negative response from a forum built around exposing repro items. I mean come on....

Maybe help us out! Can we get some really high res pics. for the site and a description of how they feel, bend, etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kenner fan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 9:06 am

The harpoon feels repro. It bends a little and it's dark grey. The block feels the same as the original but is pure white. Great for display but nothing beats an original. I can't seem to find them and the replacements will do for now.
Back to top Go down
kenner fan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Update

There has been a lot of commotion about the replacements that I bought for my snowspeeders.
They are a temporary solution till I find 3 original harpoons and blocks.
I thought that the replacements were a 3D copy but I wasn't sure so I just asked the guy who made them.

Beste thomas,

it is resin.

- biofatty

Van: thomas
Aan: biofatty
Onderwerp: thomas heeft een vraag gesteld over verzending voor objectnummer 310784715153, dat op 10-nov-14 18:19:53 CET is afgelopen - Replacement Snowspeeder Harpoon and Block Combo Kit
Verzenddatum: 04-dec-14 09:21:42 CET

Beste biofatty,

Great quality harpoon
Is it a 3D print or resin?
Thanks

Thomas
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 pm

that's a great update Thomas, thank's for the new info on the repro harpoons. The Blocks are obviously a different colour, but would it possible to do a float test on the harpoon to see if there is a difference between the originals?
Back to top Go down
kenner fan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:48 pm

A float test?
I thought I was serious about Star Wars.
I think I should send one of these harpoons and blocks to a fan who has the time to compare them to the original.
Anyone?

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:11 pm

I would be more than happy to help, I have an original to compare with.

I'm in the U.K. if there is anyone else nearer that would be easier, but I'm happy to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:21 am

General Kahn wrote:
I would be more than happy to help, I have an original to compare with.

I'm in the U.K. if there is anyone else nearer that would be easier, but I'm happy to help Very Happy

Alex, Thomas already PMd me to receive and document, but as you have an original makes sense for you to have it for comparisons. Are you okay to take some individual photos for the site? If all good, go for it  Cool

Thanks to Thomas for helping us out. Biofatty (eBay) is actually the same seller that has the Reproparts site which is already known to IG. We have a few Reproparts items already archived Vehicles, Playsets & Other
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:36 pm

That's not a problem at all Paul, just let me know who needs my address or what not and I'll sort out some pics and comparisons.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Nice one, Alex. Drop Thomas (kenner fan) a PM and you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Will do chief Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored   My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first SW Project. 5 snowspeeders and 1 B Wing fully restored

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1