The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..   Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Guys we've decided it best to put our polices in writing regarding the selling/trading/buying of repro figs and MOCs. This will become a sticky in the F/S section but wanted to put it here and introduce it.

These rules are to be followed in regards to selling on TIG when it comes to repros and customs. If you have a question about anything, feel free to contact the mod team. Any posting in violation is subject to an immediate removal of the post and actions up to and including a temporary or permanent selling and/or membership ban.

Reproduction Weapons - Reproduction weapons, even if clearly identified and or marked, are not allowed to be post for sale. We understand they may have value for customizing or dioramas but we prefer the site to be vigilante about the spread of repros.

Restored Figures - Any figure that has undergone any application/reapplication/changing of paint, undergone any level or rejuvination, or been bleached (soap and water of course is fine) can not be sold and are expressly prohibited.

Recarded Figures - Figures that are recarded (meaning the cardback is a reproduction and it can appear to be a production card) are not allowed in ay capacity. The easy rule of thumb is if it exists in some production form, it is not allowed.

Custom Carded Figures - Figures that are made of characters that weren't made (Carded Aunt Beru, POTF Boba Fett e.g.) are allowed as long as they have no real counterpart. If it's a production figure that "might" have a real world version (I.E. Princess Leia on POTF) then they must have something showing they are customs. In simplier terms, people must be able to look at it and know instantly it's not the real thing, whether by character (Uncle Owen e.g.) or by marking (Biker Scout POTF with "repro" written on the back UPC Code)

Re-seals - Resealed figures are allowable if they are clearly disclosed as such. We understand that some figures (i.e. MOC Ledy's ) are commonly resealed and, if disclosed , allowed to be sold. If you sell a re-seal card without clearly disclosing you are subject to the consequences outlined above.

We want to keep this a safe selling/buying/trading enviornment. If you have ideas, suggestions, comments please reach out!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback

Last edited by Darthberizing on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..   Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:42 pm

As John said its just to lay it down in writing really especially of the Hanshotfirst83 Recards and then his subsequent Scams on RS.

Its more to help newcomers to the site as I'm sure all the longer term members are fully aware of the stance on REPRO's here at The Imperial Gunnery.

People have joined in the past to try and sell Recards on the forum and the moderation team swiftly removed them. The above policy isn't new we just wanted to ensure it was outlined clearly and as John said we will sticky in the classifieds as well Smile

Any questions or comments are more than welcome in this thread.

Cheers Jay

Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..   Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Heres a question. What if you sold a weapon thats a repro thats NOT a known example in the weapons section? Would the rules still apply? The reason why I'm asking is because new ones are popping up almost everyday and its hard to keep track of them all if they aren't cataloged already. You can never tell what your getting off Ebay anymore unless you get it from a respectible source.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..   Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Heres a question. What if you sold a weapon thats a repro thats NOT a known example in the weapons section? Would the rules still apply? The reason why I'm asking is because new ones are popping up almost everyday and its hard to keep track of them all if they aren't cataloged already. You can never tell what your getting off Ebay anymore unless you get it from a respectible source.

Chris if there is no malice , there's no crime. We wouldn't ban someone for an innocent mistake but of course would need to know the seller made it right.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..   Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks John, not that I plan on doing it, but it was something I thought about after reading the guidlines. Which I'm glad they were put in place after all the scams thats been happenning lately.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..   Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial Gunnery F/S Policy on Reproduction Weapons & Accesssories, Custom Carded Figures , Resealed figs, Restored Figs, etc..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1