The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Fully Believe This Is Real

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

I Fully Believe This Is Real Empty
PostSubject: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:54 pm

I fully believe this is real BUT some experts told me to paste this on here to get other opinions.

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc00913

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc00914

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc00915

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc00916
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Bill McBride is the man for double telescoping sabers. He is on here and on RS under sithtoys I think. also has a website called sithtoys if I remember right. Might try to look him up and pm him through here.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 pm

trappedtexan, I have already contacted him before and he could not tell. He asked if I was okay to send it to him through the mail but I was not.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 pm

I think your only other alternative is to send it to someone like AFA, If you have no other place who could look at it to verify its real. Those things are faked a lot and photos may not show enough to be able to confirm for sure it real.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 pm

crap, I'm at a standstill then.  Angry SW Angry SW 
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 pm

For what its worth, Bill is a very trusted collector in the community. If it is getting ripped off your worried about I think it is safe to say that won't happen. If it is getting lost in the post your worried about you could very well insure it for a high price and send it registered or something. As was said the only other alternative is to send it to AFA/UKG for grading.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:26 pm

I am not 100% sure but I believe the DT sabers were lettered for better quality control I can't tell if there is any letters on the hilt of yours though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 pm

I have been told that a "dot" is considered a marking.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 am

Bill really is the best man for the job. The dot is actually fine (to the best of my knowledge)

Send it to Bill, you've got no worries!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:03 pm

lots of things are goning in the rightway,but hell im not an expert
although i had some discussions about some of this items in the pass with some friends.
the father dt is already a rare item one it sellf but a circel one?,lots custom out there are getting better this days
makes everbody wonder whats next to come.
best way to find out , Bill is the best man for this.
cheers
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Starwizz wrote:
the father dt is already a rare item one it sellf but a circel one,lots custom out there are getting better this days
Wow. I hadn't noticed that before. It does look like the circles variant.
But as everyone has already said, I am no expert, but Bill is the man. He helped me on my Luke DTs when I had questions about them (including my Luke Circles DT).

Good luck and please keep us posted!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:42 pm

someone asked me to post pictures of the inner saber, here are the best ones that I could snap

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc01020

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc01021

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc01022

I Fully Believe This Is Real Dsc01023
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:59 pm

woo i see wy Bill points outs ,why to have it in hands.
verry tricky this one,pl note no disrespected to you.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:07 pm

what are your concerns Starwizz?  unsure 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:16 pm

I am certainly not a expert on the DT sabers but everything about it looks correct to me  Very Happy 

The dot on the hilt is a great sign of it being authentic  What a Face 

To me even the outer part and inner part both being bent (kinked) in the same way is a good sign too - even though it could be considered damaged , why would someone fake a bent saber  :scratch: 

all that being said as just a personal opinion ....

Even if it was in my collection I would only be 90 - 95% sure it was authentic ... without having a expert like Bill's personal opinion , I would never feel completely confident  No  .

If Bill can't tell for sure from photos then I seriously doubt anyone else here (or elsewhere) can give you the 100% confidence that you seem to be after . If you want a guaranteed stamp of approval you will most likely have to allow Bill to inspect it in person . All we can do here is give you personal opinions based on pics - with a item that is so rare I doubt anyone would want to lay there neck on the line to authenticate it without being able to see and handle it in person .

The only other option is AFA , UKG (or perhaps another Vader expert besides Bill :scratch: ) . With the TT scandal etc ... Afa/Ukg reps are not the highest right now so who knows if there authentication would mean anything anyway  Suspect 

Either way , the only way to get a good solid verification is to allow a expert inspect it in person . Bill is the most knowledgeable expert on Vader (in most peoples opinion) so it seems that is your best route  Very Happy

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:22 pm

just saw your reply,when i did log out.
think same things are setting me off now,
i think thats the reason Bill McBride ask you to send it off to him,
not saying what ore so ever.but his the man for you now.

Maikel
logging out
cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:32 pm

I totally agree with you ourchickenshack. Also found in the lot was a kit bashed boba fett insert as you have already seen which makes me wonder why anyone would put something that rare with a saber that was fake. wouldn't add up in my opinion.  celebrate 
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 pm

OH Wow..i really hope it is real, it would be the find of the year.
it does seem to show some faint signs of circles, but photos can be decieving.
You really need to have it looked at by those who know about DT sabers.
If it turns out you have a Vader circles variant, woohooo, 10 times rarer than a regular DT.
As others have said, dont hesitate sending it to Bill for verification,
Bill or Tom Derby are probablly your only choice for verification on a Vader circles DT,
if that is what this turns out to be.
Keep us posted please.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:01 pm

M4K3R1 technically it would be the find of 2013 as it was bought near the beginning of December. I'm not too familiar with circle variant DT sabers and not sure how much they are worth. Will someone please explain this to me?
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Enlarged views of your photos, shows some very faint circle impressions on the outer saber,
but as i said photos can be deceiving, the clearer the photo the better.
Send it to someone who knows and can verify this 100%,
if it turns out to be a circles variant, its the find of 2013, 2014 and 2015 lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:19 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl 

celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate 
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:23 pm

so where do I need to take pics of the saber at? I'll try and get them as clear as can be
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:07 am

I am really no expert on Vader....and I agree I saw the "cirlces in the first pictures too and thought it could be legit!

What puts me off now is the missing three "breakpoints" on top of the saber!

I have a circled Luke...and it has these breakpoints! Is it a MUST??

Bill...where are you??

PS: Fakes are often bended to pass as real.

PPS: Does the cirlced one have dots on both sides?? If I rember right the Luke has only on one side?? But not sure

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 am

Although I completely disagree with what this guy does, and would never buy a repro DT. But he does have quite a nice reference guide on what to look for in identifying a genuine DT. Now this is mainly for identifying genuine Luke DT's but you might find it useful.

DT Lightsaber Collectors Guide

If you remember I asked about the top part of the inner saber, well check your lugs against the pics on the link  Smile
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:39 am

Wouldn't it save a lot of time, effort and doubt to just send it to Bill?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Fully Believe This Is Real

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next