The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Fully Believe This Is Real

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:04 pm

also.... in the sale, did it come with a production Vader or was it just by itself? When I say production, I mean it came with a Vader that has a date and COO on the back leg. The reason I ask is because I am curious what type a Vader this DT is meant for, production or prototype/pre-production.
Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:05 pm

I am unsure of that as of right now. Once I get more information I will post.
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:08 pm

The_Dark_Artist wrote:

Bill, I know we discussed the "circles" variant DT subject quite a bit in the past. Luke's "circles" version was looked at as early production. BUT with Vader's, wasn't there the possibility that it was a prototype/pre-production? Just curious what your thoughts are regarding that.
Very cool piece! Congrats again : )
Steve

Until this Vader surfaced, the other two examples were found on Engineering Pilot prototypes.
While on the other hand, all of the Lukes that have been found are on production figures. So just from
a numbers point of view, 100% of the Vaders are prototypes, and 100% of the Lukes are production.
The reason for this is fairly simple - all three DT figures were developed at the same time, but Luke was
the first into production. Due to supply and demand, Kenner simply pushed the Circle molds into production.
This is also the reason you can find sealed Lukes in everything from EB sets to MOCs.
The Vaders and (potentially) Ben were later production, and due to them being found from in-house/Kenner
sources, it made sense that these only made it to the EP stage before the regular DT sabers were being
produced. This newly found example would be the only one to have ever been found in the "wild" so to speak.

Bill
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Well this makes it VERY exciting to see if there is a pre-production Vader included in that find. It would make sense and not surprise me if there is, from what Bill just wrote.
Keep us updated. This is a pretty awesome find. Again congrats! And nice job Bill, as usual, for helping fellow collectors out. Really GOOD stuff!!!!!
-Steve
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:19 pm

If I also may add. The story is LONG and complicated to put into words but the person who had these sold off other vintage star wars pieces. Which can mean one of 2 things. 1) The Vader was sold off a long time ago and not kept with the saber or 2) the Vader and saber were stuck in the same case and that is what I have.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:55 pm

HAHAHAHA CONGRATS Legacy, i knew my suggestion of blogging about this would get an answer from an expert lol, and Bill has stepped right up  cheers 

KILLER FIND, so now for the question everybody wants to know, how much is a piece like this worth ??

Hope its not to rude to ask, but whats the ballpark figure, Bill ?

:drumroll: :drumroll: :drumroll: 
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks Aussie Fortuna, I have heard some people giving price ranges but I guess we will never know until some have been sold to get an estimate

celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate 

:buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing:

:drumroll: :drumroll: :drumroll:

:cantina:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Congrats Mr Legacy. What a find. I am glad that Bill was able to authenticate the saber from pictures. Bill is truly an outstanding resource when it comes to these things. It may have been mentioned to you, but these DT sabers are sometimes a bit fragile so take care if you ever replace the saber in an arm of a figure as I seem to remember at least one Ben DT being broken just from doing that. Jay (psybertech) made a great way to display the saber seperate from a figure.

Bill, thanks for chiming in and with such good news.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:24 am

Shocked   cheers 

Congrats man!
I have to admit I was a tad skeptical about the inner saber which looked super clean, but the outside looked good to me. I am so glad you got the whole enchilada verified! Super cool!

Between this and Tim's (BornTheYearOf) pre-production find, 2013 saw some pretty awesome things come into the light after so long!

Congrats again, Mr Legacy. Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:45 am

Congrat's. Sounds like a dream find.

Could i interest you in swapping it for a pickled egg?
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 am

WOW
Great find
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Thank you everyone for all the great comments, and section 8 I hope you were kidding.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Not at all. My pickled eggs are delicious and you wouldn't be disappointed.

In reality, you have a couple of pieces of shaped plastic.

I have an unfirtilised miracle of life, seeped in acid until tasty.

There is no comparison of which is truly special.

I'm only willing to swap because I have more than one. If your holding out for more, you can fuck off.

Keep your rubbish tooth pick.

Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 pm

well that escalated quickly
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Just a case of humor being misunderstood.
C’mon guys be nice, keep this a ’feel good’ thread.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm trying to Dr. Dengar 

Cool 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Is this a wind up I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 260185
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:10 pm

wind up? Now u got me confused!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm referring to the pickled eggs.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 pm

actually to tell the truth I have no idea what "pickled eggs" are. I thought that those are a type of food. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Mr Legacy, Pickled eggs are a food mate  lol!  It's a hard boiled egg in vinegar.
Andrew(Section 8)was joking with you 100%, we are all friends here at TIG  cheers
Still a great find mate  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 pm

:I am stupid: :I am stupid: :I am stupid: :I am stupid: :I am stupid: 

:opps: :opps: 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Nico wrote:
Mr Legacy, Pickled eggs are a food mate  lol!  It's a hard boiled egg in vinegar.
Andrew(Section 8)was joking with you 100%, we are all friends here at TIG  cheers
Still a great find mate  Very Happy

Andy nailed it man - just a little typical TIG humor  What a Face 

Section8 was joking man - there's no way he would give up one of his coveted Pickled Eggs for a DT Vader  No 

I offered him a Rocket Firing Boba Fett wearing a vinyl Jawa cape a month ago for just 1/2 of 1 egg and he wouldn't do it - it's like he thinks they're made of gold or something Suspect 

I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 Force10

Joking and bad humor aside ...

I am so glad to hear the Saber was real - awesome pick up man - its kind of like winning the lottery  cheers 
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Pickled Eggs? what sort of a freak would put eggs in vinegar and keep them for a later date, sounds like century eggs when certain asian cultures bury them under the ground for a year, pull them out and eat them when they are green, we really do have some freaks here on TIG Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:51 pm

what kind of sick sense of humor do u people play on unsuspecting new collectors?

rofl rofl rofl 

Good one by section 8.

Last edited by Mr. Legacy on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Fully Believe This Is Real

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next