The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:29 pm

I could be wrong Nicholas, but I believe the Poch Vader saber should be, a round transition tip variant, therefore a later produced saber.
Lettered sabers were produced earlier, found on SW and some early ESB cards.
The round transition tip saber can be seen in this pic that Oscar posted, it looks to be the darker orange semi translucent variant, found on some PBP Vader's.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Pochvader_zpsba903bdd

and here is another pic of the darker orange semi translucent saber which came with Greg's blobbed out scar coo PBP Vader.
Which i believe is also the same saber variant, that you picked up with your blobbed out coo PBP Vader Nicholas  Smile  

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 CIMG0748_zpsd89ef8b5

in this post from the Poch/PBP Guide & Discussion Thread, part 1

ackbar100 posted pics of a possible Poch Ben with saber and a pointed top to the cape

Poch on the left, Kenner on the right
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Varios067

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Varios076

But it could be possible that there are kenner capes with a Pointed top as well.
here's the link, there are more pics there.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p465-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread

on the same page are also some of Marco's pics and descriptions of a confirmed Poch Luke Farm Boy.
Hope this helps mate
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 pm

I just wanted to say that I love the way Chris and Marco do your posts,
very informative, I missed the ben cape post earlier, and just learned something new.
Thanks fellas, and please keep it up, well done.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:28 am

chiktabba wrote:
here is another lot I just received. to me, the snowtrooper looks poch (has the mark on shoulder), tusken is not, and don't know about 21B and JAWA. 21B has a melt mark and discolred limbs. jawa has a malt marks on legs, mark in the middle of right arm, and black painting of face is trickeling, and has small eyes and has differences on accessories: blaster has a dot (can't really compare, only got one with peg), and hood has a light brown string compare to other I got. blaster of snowtrooper has a hole I don't have on other similar blaster.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Img_7821[/url]
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Img_7822
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Img_7823
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Img_7824
\

Your Jawa has the small irregular sized eyes. Together with some typical imperfections (melt marks, sloppy paint job).
To me it appears you have the POCH variant with the lighter brown bandolier.

Kenner (left), POCH (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 IMG_7195_zps2b7664e1

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 LedyAccessories10_zps0d5f2396
Source for the POCH Jawa with glossy dark face and bandolier: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/poch-variants/   (site seems down for the moment)

Yours cape look the same as the Jawa above and Kenneth's cape (below).  
I can imagine it is not unique for POCH. Same for the blaster.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 PochJawa018_zps41abe598

You can read more here and on the following pages:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p390-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread#92099
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:36 am

chiktabba wrote:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Img_7819

I have a few 2-1Bs from Spain, still left unresearched in terms of paint differences.
Most of them (all?) have a damaged (irregular shaped) inner circle in the transparant torso part, like can be seen in yours.
Probably a sign the welding conditions were not optimal.

So yes, looks good too.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:43 am

chiktabba wrote:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 Img_7818

That is an interesting mould for an Imperial rifle, one which we haven't on our site yet.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/44/76/78/img_7818.jpg

Still I am 95% sure it is not unique for POCH and Kenner counterparts can be found as well.

Who has this type of rifle also in their collection?

Would be good to have some high resolution pictures as well, for the TIG site. (hint, hint Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 4:33 am

I have those rifles as well....not unique to POCH...

...and why the heck is my site down?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 9:59 am

thanks so much for your comment both of you.

Really make my day about the jawa Smile

I am happy too about 2-1b except I don't see the irregularity about the trasparent middle cercle. the only thing a can see is the melt mark on the picture.

would be happy to make better pictures of the riffle for the site if you want.

is there something special about the accessories of yoda poch that could help me to confirm mine is really a poch version?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
javitc
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
javitc

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:39 am

Today is time to show you the well known Luke Hoth PBP figure, with two different COOs, and a minor difference in the tonallity of the pale face.
The left one with no dots, and the right one with dots between letters LFL.
This one is in my top five figures.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 IMG_7642_zps6e2d2043

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 IMG_7644_zpscb65318d

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 IMG_7645_zps09e01608
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 am

nice pair Wink
what is your top five then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
javitc
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
javitc

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 10:31 am

chiktabba wrote:
nice pair Wink
what is your top five then?
Thank you  Very Happy

Let me think... I give you my Top Ten in no particular order:
-Bossk toxic Green limbs Poch.
-4 Lom red armor PBP.
-Chewbacca black pouch Poch.
-Luke hoth pale face.
-Han solo original Poch.
-Bossk fat lips PBP.
-Ig-88 red eyes Poch.
-Leia organa Poch.
-Luke original Poch.
-Tie fighter pilot ATAT emblems PBP.
Beautifull team dont you think so?   cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 10:50 am

A very nice top 10, sadly I only have 4 of them Sad
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm

For me it would only work with a top 50 list, since I love as well as all the Poch & PBP variants. cheers

For instance some of the other Poch droids like the R5 with dark red leg stribes, the golden C-3PO or the Poch 2-1B with the deeper blue paint on the torso/light silver painted neck & overspayed light silver chest "thing".
Back to top Go down
javitc
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
javitc

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Kenneth_B wrote:
For me it would only work with a top 50 list, since I love as well as all the Poch & PBP variants. cheers

For instance some of the other Poch droids like the R5 with dark red leg stribes, the golden C-3PO or the Poch 2-1B with the deeper blue paint on the torso/light silver painted neck & overspayed light silver chest "thing".
Thats true, all have someting that makes them unique, I love all of them.
And what about the ugnaught Poch, the AT AT driver Poch very White hands and shoulders, Jawa Poch.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Yeah especially the Poch Jawa variant with the shiny black face/dark brown bandolier is an amazingly cool variant. Ugnaughts might not be the most significant Poch variants paint wise, but on the other hand they are rare as hell! Personally I also love the Poch Leia Hoth with the black hair, green eye brows (3 line MIHK coo) and many more....
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:49 am

Nice figures Javitc. Also worth pointing out is the different subtle face colours you can find on the PBP Luke
from pale/white to pinkish through to solid pink on the PBP produced Luke found in France.....and an excuse to show off my PBP Luke's as he's one of my
favourite variants  Smile
.....And here's a question for the eagle eyed variants dudes around here - one of these Luke's has a bit of an anomaly about him....can you spot it? Wolff can email me
because i think he knows anyway  Wink  
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 CIMG2444_zpsa5cef164

javitc wrote:
Today is time to show you the well known Luke Hoth PBP figure, with two different COOs, and a minor difference in the tonallity of the pale face.
The left one with no dots, and the right one with dots between letters LFL.
This one is in my top five figures.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 IMG_7642_zps6e2d2043

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 IMG_7644_zpscb65318d

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 IMG_7645_zps09e01608
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:12 am

Hmm, does the Luke on the bottom left corner of the pic, have a smaller black pocket on his chest?

Edit: actually scratch that, as it looks like there are three Luke with that sculpt.

Is it that one (top left) has a darker scarf than the rest?

Last edited by chris.75 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:22 am

Lee, pls stop showing off those PBP Luke Hoth figures here.
They are blinding my eyes.  Very Happy

Just kidding, that is some return after we have missed you a while here. Great!

Give it a shot: The pink ones have have received some more black paint (belt, snow goggles, breast pocket [is that an english word? ]) then the pale faced ones.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:53 am

Great photo Lee, had no idea there are that many PBP Luke.
Im going to go with the top centre, upsidedown Luke with the Kurt Douglas chin dimple. Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:20 am

Lee_m wrote:
Nice figures Javitc. Also worth pointing out is the different subtle face colours you can find on the PBP Luke
from pale/white to pinkish through to solid pink on the PBP produced Luke found in France.....and an excuse to show off my PBP Luke's as he's one of my
.....And here's a question for the eagle eyed variants dudes around here - one of these Luke's has a bit of an anomaly about him....can you spot it? Wolff can email me

BAAAAMMMMMM...in your face!!! Shocked

I simply love that picture! It is in my TOP 10 when it is about grail hoarding!.....BEEEEEEAAAAAUUUUUUUTIFUL!! Now show us the rest of your collection....please....will you??? Razz

email sent Wink
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 am

More pictures coming sometime Wolff - just not sure how to go about it. The mec guide is dead for now. I'd rather not do a straightforward limelight.
I'm thinking of a Euro variant discussion thread on no coo figures....or maybe something similar....not sure.....am considering things..... unsure

Chris, Marco, Oscar and Patrick via pm - good guesses on the Luke hoth.......but sadly no cigar........open up your variant minds some more.....
here's a BIG clue.......something to do with the pale face Luke on the left.......an imaginary PBP Luke farmboy to the first correct answer!  

wbobafett wrote:
Lee_m wrote:

BAAAAMMMMMM...in your face!!! Shocked

I simply love that picture! It is in my TOP 10 when it is about grail hoarding!.....BEEEEEEAAAAAUUUUUUUTIFUL!! Now show us the rest of your collection....please....will you???  Razz

email sent Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 10:09 am

Nice challenge, Lee.

Give it another shot, now aiming on the left Luke with pale face.
The left arm seems less detailed compared to the right arm, so maybe he has a soft plastic (left) and hard plastic (right) arm?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 10:13 am

The thing that sticks out for me, is the top of the goggles and around the neck are painted white. But the top pink face one is as well. The others are all tan plastic colour.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 11:21 am

[quote="Lee_m"]

Is his chest emblem smaller than the others? Plus the scarf knot on the right side of his helmet, looks larger than on the other figures, but it could be just shadow?

Edit: ha ha, just noticed that I had already guessed about his chest emblem on the other page Rolling Eyes too much beer :cool laugh:

Last edited by chris.75 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 11:35 am

Does the pale face Luke on the left have two left arms ?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Welcome back Lee. I'm liking the idea of a euro/no coo discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next