The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:11 pm

So i have a question . Is the trilogo boba fett in reality a pbp figure? Ive been into pbp and poch variations lately and already own a trilogo ( lite ) fett . Also is the clipper vader which i also already own a pbp figure as well? Help thanks
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 6:32 am

I recently received a supposed 21b poch . ive read through everything is the poch discussion threads and it appers there is no confirmed poch 21b . is this true? is there a pbp 21b? I can post pics I you like but there is no factory flaws that would solidify this as being poch other than it was purchased from spain has the typical pbp smell and it was sold to me as poch , any help????
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 am

Kenneth and I have discussed the existence of a POCH 2-1B variant since a few years now.

We think he is out there, based upon loose figures which we have acquired from Spanish sources.
But he does not have the typical PBP smell, he is from an earlier era.

Posting pics of my 2-1Bs is now on my To Do List. Smile

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com Online
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Something which may interest you Marco?

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 ZpdyBTZ

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 TfY7RBl

It was factory sealed and still contains insert and un-used sticker sheet, and PBP instructions Wink
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:49 am

my 21b does have that pbp smell Very Happy . the seller I purchased him from in spain says he is poch for sure ... I doubt that reading the guide but I do think he is a pbp later figure . there is good paint on him and no classic imperfections that are poch traits .  :scratch:  I am confused on him for sure . :scratch:  ill post some pics later ,
thanks, bill
Marco J wrote:
Kenneth and I have discussed the existence of a POCH 2-1B variant since a few years now.

We think he is out there, based upon loose figures which we have acquired from Spanish sources.
But he does not have the typical PBP smell, he is from an earlier era.

Posting pics of my 2-1Bs is now on my To Do List. Smile

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:13 pm

walkie wrote:
Something which may interest you Marco?

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 ZpdyBTZ

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 TfY7RBl

It was factory sealed and still contains insert and un-used sticker sheet, and PBP instructions Wink

Nah, I am not interested.   lol!

FANTASTIC!!! You managed to get a Poch box with the PBP ESB instructions? Well done!!  :clap:
So indeed there seems to be two instruction leaflets out there for the Poch PDT-8: PBP and Palitoy. Both in english and not in spanish somehow.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 IMG_0920_zps23a9ad04

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 IMG_0933_zps84e595b0

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 IMG_0934_zps3c31ac38

Stef as you are the instruction expert, have you encountered a combination of the ESB logo with a 1983 data stamp before?

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

hellhippie wrote:
my 21b does have that pbp smell Very Happy . the seller I purchased him from in spain says he is poch for sure ... I doubt that reading the guide but I do think he is a pbp later figure . there is good paint on him and no classic imperfections that are poch traits .  :scratch:  I am confused on him for sure . :scratch:  ill post some pics later ,
thanks, bill

Looking forward to some pics, Bill! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Marco J wrote:

Stef as you are the instruction expert, have you encountered a combination of the ESB logo with a 1983 data stamp before?

Cheers
Marco

MLC-3, produced by PBP in 1983 on an ESB logo. I'm yet to see the external packaging for this one!

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 CfoO7M1

Very odd, in both instances the artwork layout looks to be copied from the Palitoy ESB versions, but both those are copyright 1981. The Palitoy/GM (no logo) leaflets however are copyright 1983. The PBP one's may be an transition from the factory producing PBP copyrighted items to the more generic General Mills, if this was around the 1983 item?!?!?

Do we know where the European/Bilogo ROTJ  MLC-3 with the scarred coo was produced?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 4:01 pm

walkie wrote:

MLC-3, produced by PBP in 1983 on an ESB logo. I'm yet to see the external packaging for this one!

Very Happy

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 Mlc-3_g

Source: http://www.starwarsspanishstuff.info/
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Great find but..... it was factory sealed??? you opened it???
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 4:34 am

General Kahn wrote:
Great find but..... it was factory sealed??? you opened it???

Yeah I'm sending it for U-Grading Smile
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 6:27 am

Only kidding!! it doesn't belong to me and was purchased by the owner as fully sealed. over time the adhesive between the side flap has dried out and come apart allowing the internals to be examined without opening the top or bottom flaps which are still factory taped.

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 6:19 am

just received this poch leia hoth from ackbar100 ... thanks cheers
I know its the more common version with the brown hair and dotted emblem but I love it ......
Razz Razz
next up green eyebrows version Crying or Very sad hopefully soonish
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 Photo_3
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 7:13 am

Marco J wrote:
hellhippie wrote:
thanks, bill

Looking forward to some pics, Bill! Very Happy

Marco as promised , heres some pics of my supposed 21b
as a side note this figure was sold to me as poch along with my chocolate legs han hoth
he is in great shape which worries me a bit lol! there are no meltmarks or drips .there IS a faint pbp smell which is strange as you've said you think 21b is from an earlier era, the welding looks decent
with just a bit of a plastic extrusion between the legs . wondering what anyone thinks . could this be poch ?
obviously there is no concrete evidence on 21b poch but hopefully this helps out a bit , thanks , Bill cheers cheers
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 Photo_4
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 Jnjnjnjnjn_1
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 Jhbhjuhuh
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 Uyt6tft

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 5:23 pm

poch at at driver came in the mail red emblems Very Happy
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 At%20at
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Some POCHie Droids....

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 QDzIS9n

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 THT5IF0

(left to Right) FX-7, R2-D2 - Solid Dome, C-3PO - Fixed Limbs

FX-7 (MIHK COO) - Overspray and mis-spray on the black neck and head, poor paint applications on the eyes with excess drops of paint. Typical "brilliant" POCH white used on the arm, again with overspray on the torso and heavily melted on the under-side.

C-3PO - Fixed Limbs (3 Line COO) A deep almost over glossed golden yellow colour with the typical melt marks to the rear of the torso  and top of the right leg on this example.

R2-D2 - Solid Dome (MIHK COO) - A small red eye on a badly worn "dull" silver dome.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 7:15 am

no one has any pictures of a supposed poch r5d4? I recently purchased one and he seems very pochy for sure , sloppy paint on the eyes and head , darker paint on the legs . ill post a pic this weekend
Back to top Go down
ponchobelt
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 6:31 pm

i came across this in a job lot and was wandering if its a poch/pbp vader? or is just a general euro

has small chest buttons
injector circle on back of head
ridges bottom at the bottom of torso kinda fizzle/melt away

thoughts?

cheers boys

regards chris

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 P1040992_zpsajhnynq9
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 P1040995_zpslocokr4l
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 P1040996_zpsidxft7zf
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 P1040998_zpslxugjzxn
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 9:32 am

Wolff's poch Vader guide
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/poch-variants/darth-vader/

The coo matches but he says there is a Kenner counterpart. The head looks wrong on your compared to his. The body does have that odd sonic weld, but the extra flashing and other melt marks aren't there. These melt marks and flashing in and of themselves is not necessarily an identifier. Wolff describes the torso as being more violet, some pics of your with other vaders may be able to help see that.

You would probably have better luck contacting some of the poch experts to see what they have to say specifically.
Back to top Go down
river9999uk
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi All
Wish I'd known about this thread earlier about PBP's as its really cool . I've just stuck my Poch/PBP Han Solo ESB 41 back on the bay of e. Didn't know it was as rare is it seems. The chaps at Vintage cardboard were pretty good and this is a really interesting thread. Does anyone know how many examples of these cards exist ? Could not find another 41 back Han cardback picture.....

Cheers
Attachments
han_small1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(207 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
han_small2.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(249 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 6:18 pm

There is no way of telling. My opinion on the rarity of the Spanish line is best shown by this: 10-15 years ago yak face was thought to be rare by those in the US and now he can be found any day of the week. The Spanish line only in recent years has had anyone searching them out. For example at one time the poch bossk existed in a single example, now there are multiple known examples. It's not until someone begins searching things out that it is considered to be special. To the kids in Spain i am sure their bright green bossk was just a bossk, to a collector he is an almost priceless collectable. I say that to show that today this han card may be "rare" but who knows how many have these sitting in an attic or closet or storage or whatever but have never looked back at their childhood stuff yet.
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 4:53 am

hi all, nice to see this topic still alive. in my opinion, toxic green bossk is still very hard to found variant, still surch by many hard variant collector. And this cardback is a real beauty. I am collecting poch for almost 3/4 years now, and never had the chance to found one Very Happy Very Happy I think it is in amazing condition, and it cost a lot. the picture in the back is in very nice condition, exclusive to poch, very nice. there are lots of facebook group for spanish fig like galaxycorp or poch sw or variant sw where you can found expert about this. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 am

and you can ask javier ruilopez (spanish expert), he might be abble to answer your question, or jonathan gladwell (cardback expert)
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 5:59 am

A few years ago Bobablarcfett got hold of a sideways POCH cardback ( I think it was Han ) & resealed it.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1078804
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 am

I understand it is rare to market, but you misunderstood my point. Is the figure actually rare as in not many exist? I don't think so, same with these cardbacks. The fact is I can point to a website and show you literally thousands of U.S. star wars collectors and can probably name off at least 20-30 names I know personally. I can only name of two or three who actually live in Spain. The Spanish line is sought after by lots of people who aren't living there. Spain is not a tiny country, these figures were not produced in single digit numbers. Kenner produced millions of each figure for the American market and i believe poch/pbp would have produced mass quantities also. It's just a difference in the culture of collectors. In America there are thousands of people collecting and we even have vintage toy shops with 3 right here in Dallas ft worth area. In Spain do they have this? I can imagine there are a lot of these sought after figures and cardbacks sitting in closets, attics, etc before cause kids stored them away and hage turned adult now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD, PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next