The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? Empty
PostSubject: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 8:47 am

Silly Question time....

I've just smashed up a headless beater tiawan fett and the rocket does not have the tab on it. Is this normal for the taiwan version?

I'm aware of LL and Tri-Logos having the tab. HK's I don't know either?!?!

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? SAM_2839

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? SAM_2841
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:16 am

hmmm i dont know, doesn't Alex have a tri logo with a loose rocket/no tab? maybe its a bit more random than you think :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:31 am

no tab means cut off/tempered with! It can happen to trilogos but they still have the tab present...same on LL! Wink
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:48 am

The rocket was sonic welded to the torso hence the melt mark on one side, but the rocket does not have the usual rectangular tab sticking out the side.

Which leads to my original question, are some rockets tab-less?

So apart from a melt mark this rocket is untenpted which as I pulled the figure apart and broke the sonic weld.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:08 pm

...so lets break apart all our Fetts!!!Shocked 

Where is my hammer???

Beeing sarcastic right now...sorry! Very Happy

Could be that Taiwan is different! Is that important?? Besides to fakers: "Leave alone TW Fetts...they have no tab to fake rocketfiring ledys!!"

I am NOT calling you a faker, but I am scartching/wondering and try to understand: why is this important??#

Main question: Why did you smash a Fett??? Sad Sad Sad 

(PS: It is Friday...do not take me serious...besides the facts I provided it is all fun of course!)

lol!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Good job I know you your joking!!! Wink

The fett was headless and really beat up, so I was curious to look inside at the rocket as I will soon own a real RR ledy one.

However I was surprised to see no tab on the side of the rocket. So maybe Kenner added that feature at a later date to make the rockets even more secure?

Like I said at the start "silly question". And do not fear this is not a new type of extreme variant collecting smashing figures open to compare the mould cavity numbers inside the figures :LOL: !!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:22 pm

It is Friday?!?!?! I'm sure the European time zones are not that far begin the UK?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:41 pm

walkie wrote:
It is Friday?!?!?! I'm sure the European time zones are not that far begin the UK?
hahahaha....yeah...its saturday...sad enough Razz Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 pm

walkie wrote:
Silly Question time....

I've just smashed up a headless beater tiawan fett and the rocket does not have the tab on it. Is this normal for the taiwan version?

The General confirmed your findings.

General Kahn wrote:

P.S. Interestingly the second Fett I dismantled was a Taiwan Fett and the rocket didn't have a tab at all, just a plain rocket ike the prototypes, not sure if this is the case with all Taiwan Fett's.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5852-bogus-rr-ledy-fett#98725
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:48 pm

BTW: I love this type of field research.

I remember Clint breaking down a beater FX-7 a while ago. That provided us a lot of new insights.

So nothing wrong with sacrificing an old beater figure for the good sake. Very Happy

And stupid questions don't exist, only stupid answers. lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks marco, I was trying to find that post.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:06 pm

LOL Stef, im now expecting a new wave of fake rocket firing fett missiles to hit the market after this thread lol.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:55 pm

There's already plenty of fake RR Taiwan fetes out there. Sad

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 3:58 pm

There are three COO families for Boba Fett, 2 HK and Taiwan. Like many of the figures, each family has it's own unique sculpt. Boba Fett has three unique sculpts, one for each COO, it goes without saying that this also applies to the rocket.

The tab on the rocket is basically a case of a modified mold, the tab was drilled into the mold in much the same way that the 'raised bar' COO's where drilled into the mold. It would seem that the Taiwan factory didn't do this. I dismantled three 'beyond salvation' Fett's a couple of years ago to see what remained of the firing mechanism interior and one was a Taiwan Fett. It lacked the tab. If I remember correctly, Ozio also confirmed the same from a Taiwan Fett as well.

I didn't think to check back then, but while you have one open Stef, can you check the interior of the back torso, if Taiwan didn't bother drilling the tab into the rocket mold, they probably didn't bother drilling the tab slot in the interior rocket pack on the back torso mold either, can you have a look please.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Already on the case general. However I'm on the piss at the moment so the photos will appear once the hangover has gone tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Already on the case general. However I'm on the piss at the moment so the photos will appear once the hangover has gone tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:07 am

General Kahn wrote:
There are three COO families for Boba Fett, 2 HK and Taiwan. Like many of the figures, each family has it's own unique sculpt. Boba Fett has three unique sculpts, one for each COO, it goes without saying that this also applies to the rocket.

The tab on the rocket is basically a case of a modified mold, the tab was drilled into the mold in much the same way that the 'raised bar' COO's where drilled into the mold. It would seem that the Taiwan factory didn't do this. I dismantled three 'beyond salvation' Fett's a couple of years ago to see what remained of the firing mechanism interior and one was a Taiwan Fett. It lacked the tab. If I remember correctly, Ozio also confirmed the same from a Taiwan Fett as well....
What he said!! lol! 

(I just love beein heard and understood)!!! lol! lol! 

Anyway....breaking Fetts now to check for remanents of RF things is not that bad idea...maybe we can get more insight on the time frame these were released/developed!

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:01 am

For anyone who cares....

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? SAM_2949

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? SAM_2953

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? SAM_2950

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? SAM_2951

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? SAM_2954

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks for adding the pictures.cheers  I always enjoy seeing how they are put together.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Thanks Stef, interestingly, the tab slot is still present.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Odd how the raised boss with the hex hole is placed where the firing mechanism would have been. :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:28 pm

walkie wrote:
Thanks marco, I was trying to find that post.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5297-have-you-ever-seena-dismantled-fx-7

Is this the one you where looking for?
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 am

Interesting thread. I actually own a Taiwan Fett where the rocket comes out. Not sure if it was a bad sonic welding job or if it was just forced out. Bought this a few years ago on eBay just as an oddity & because I will never own a real RR Ledy one.  

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? 050_zpsfd97fd04

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? 051_zps4f2fe463

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? 052_zpsa07563b4

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? 053_zpsd72c57fd

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? 054_zpsdb3b1489
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?   Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taiwan Boba Fett Rocket?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1