The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Love the set up!!!

I thought you got one of those 8x10 OP signed Commando autograph???
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm

coachk28 wrote:
Love the set up!!!

I thought you got one of those 8x10 OP signed Commando autograph???

LOL! Smile

I haven't picked it up quite yet. Too many other things to buy right now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

I think it's only $20!!!!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 pm

coachk28 wrote:
I think it's only $20!!!!

Trust me man, that $20 is much better spent in other places right now. Wink
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Looking forward to seeing what you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyclops
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 pm

I've always wondered about the history + provenance of your bubble test MOC, care to share Chris? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Joe_O wrote:
I've always wondered about the history + provenance of your bubble test MOC, care to share Chris? Very Happy

LOL!

I'm trying to find the links to the auctions on RS, but they must have been deleted.

Do you remember in 2007 when the whole auction outing rule came about because of JoeY's bootleg? Around that same time, there was some other auctions that were outed that included a couple of mock-ups. One of which was a POTF Luke Xwing Pilot. There was another sample in there as well, and some other seemingly "common" production figures. In amongst the other common figures, the seller had a Rebel Commando.

The story that went with the auction was the seller used to work in the toy industry and used to tour factories in China, Japan, etc. On one of his visits to a factory, the managers of the factory presented him with a gift of a few figures from the production floor. These figures were the few samples and mock ups and those other "common" figures.

When looking at the auction, there didn't seem to be anything abnormal about the RC, except for the photo of the back. There appeared to be some masking tape placed on the back. Which I took to be for sign-off purposes. So I bid with the hopes that it would be something cool. Once I received the figure, the tape on the back turned out to be double sided "foam" tape. Like that used to display something on a presentation board. It was very unique and quite interesting. Then I looked at the bubble. Not only is it CRYSTAL clear, but it's oddly shaped, oddly placed and appears to be hand cut. Then looking at the inner tray, it didn't look like anything I had seen before. Not only that, but the tape holding down the rifle has finger prints ALL over it.

Puzzled, I contacted ChrisG and SuperDan about it. They both looked at it and both confirmed that it could be a bubble test, but more evidence and comparisons would have to be done. ChrisG suggested that I compare it to every carded RC that I could get my hands on. So I have, and continue to do so, and it still doesn't match any other bubble out there. Especially the inner tray. After contacting them both back about it, they agreed that it's probably a bubble test. But since they can't see it in their hands personally, they can't 100% confirm it.

Some other interesting things to note about it. It's a China molded face RC. And I have yet to find one of those on a US Kenner MOC. However, I have seen them all over foreign cards. The cardback is a Kenner 65A. All of the other mock-ups, samples and "common" production figures the original seller had, were either TolToys cards or some other foreign carded figure. Some of the mock-ups/samples were deemed to be for convention displays like ToyFair, etc. because they too had double sided tape on the backs.

I'll try and take some close-ups of it and post them here. Thanks for asking though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Very cool background info Chris, great to see you keep investigating it and comparing to normal production pieces.

Think its a very cool pick up indeed , glad it went to you and your collection - it could have just gone to some dude who needed an RC for his ROTJ carded run and couldn't care less lol
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Its a nice tightly packed focus that, looks real nice mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:19 pm

chris great commando collection it is badass.are there any more commando moc your looking for?any rare ones.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Great read Chris!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:34 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:
chris great commando collection it is badass.are there any more commando moc your looking for?any rare ones.Dan. cheers

Thanks for all the comments again guys! I really appreciate it! Very Happy

To answer your question Dan, yes, there's still a TON out there. Probably the biggest and rarest is a PBP MOC! I've only seen one for sale. Then there's still some Clippers that are floating out there, the other bubble variant for Tri-Logo and an Italian sticker. That's on the foreign side of things.

On the Kenner side of things I need a 79 offerless, 79A and a 77B. None of which I have seen for sale yet. Although, I have photo confirmation of their existance! Smile

That's about it for the production side of things. On the pre-production side of life there is too many things to list here! Smile

If you guys happen across anything though, please let me know. I'm willing to pay well for any thing I'm missing! Wink
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:42 pm

wow do you have a pic of a PBP moc commando?post a pic here or pm if you have a pic of it.Dan. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Chris - I don't know how I havent commented on this yet. Dude that is juat a great setup man. WOWWOWOOWW
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:18 pm

chris that was a sweet pic of the PBP commando.nice.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:00 am

Cool Cool Cool Hi Chris just echoing what all the other guys have said really - AWESOME collection there! I don't have a Rebel Commando in my collection yet but after seeing your limelight it's def going higher up my list now!
Congrats & best wishes, Paul Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 am

I just got to highlight Chris that your Dark Brown Rebel Solider Tri Logo Mis Card is perhaps one of the coolest MOC's i have seen in a very long time!! In fact its the first time i have seen a carded example of this uber rare loose variant!

Surely worthy of a full front pic on this awesome limelight Wink (Hint hint lol)
Back to top Go down
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:08 am

Not looked at this limelight in a wee while and I'd forgotten just how good it is.

The Rebel Commando was one of my fave figures as a kid and your collection certainly does him justice. Loving those proofs and obviously the blueprint too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599624@N00/
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am

DAMN, this is the best Rebel Comando collection I´ve ever seen!!, love the Cromalin, the proof cards , the meccano and the PBP.

Great Setup!!! , that´s the way to show all those action figures!!!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks for all the compliments guys, it really means a lot to me! Smile

Hopefully, I'll have another update here in the near future! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!   RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RebelChris' Rebel Commando's - UPDATED!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2