The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus Empty
PostSubject: RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus    RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Jar Jar Binks

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus E1jarj11

lol! All you had to do was ask and now you have it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus    RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:28 am

Take this:
 RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus Jar-jar-binks-wallpapers_30855_1680x1050
& that:
 RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus AdrianneCurryJarJar
damn mesa tink she's got no undies , yipe how wude
 RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus 9forthe90s-022812-hate-jar-jar-binks-ecard
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus    RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Well... since you provided me the venue! I just have to right? Smile

Here are some of the more recent photos. I've added a few more pieces since these pics, but this will give you and idea. Very Happy

First up, is the piece that started it all. Here's the back story. My mother-in-law found this at a garage sale in here in town. She had no idea if I would want it or not, so she called me in a panic. As she was trying to explain it to me, I had one of two thoughts. It was either the life size Pepsi/Frito Lay Jar Jar Binks, or it was a cardboard standee. To my enthusiastic surprise it was the Life Size Pepsi/Frito Lay Binks! The guy wanted $100 for it, and I talked him down to $75!!! Which I thought was a steal. Shawn_K found a Force Lightsaber for me and I have now knighted him (or sithed him if you will), Darth Binks! Also if you notice there's a really cool store display header at his feet, again, courtesy of Shawn! Smile

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus Jjb_da10

For those of you that don't know, when I decided to do this "side-focus" I made the decision to make it purely pre-production based. There is just too much Jar Jar stuff out there for me to make this a total "focus". I do pick up the occasional production piece to display next to its pre-production counter part. But for the most part this is purely pre-production. It is also being whittled down even further to plush and first series release only.

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus Jjb_hc12

1. Production MOC of first release Jar Jar Binks
2. First shot from Mos Espa Encounter Cinema Scene
3. First shot of Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator) including FS weapons
4. Hardcopy of First Release Jar Jar Binks
5. Hardcopy legs and torso with wax torso "build up" of first series Jar Jar Binks
6. First shot Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp) with FS fish accessory
7. First shot Jar Jar Binks (Tatooine)

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus Jjb_ve10

These are a couple of first shot Jar Jar's with Kaadu and Gungan Assault Cannon both complete with FS accessories

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus Jjb_pl10

Last but not least is two plush "first shots". The one on the left is a first shot sample of the Hungry Hero Jar Jar. This is actually an incredibly hard to find production piece. It saw very limited release and most of the time you find it without it's little green accessories. I happened to find one at C6 (which I have a very unflattering photo of with Shane Wink ). Next to it is an unproduced plush figure. Still trying to find more info out about it, but it's definitely from an unproduced figure.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus    RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Great to see an update on the Jar Jar run Chris! And it does not disappoint. Smile

It was great seeing how the tongue worked on the plush Jar Jar at CVI. (insert dirty jokes here) lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus    RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm

I just had to put this up for you, Chris. The collection is outstanding, even for Jar Jar. Very Happy Excellent job on it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus    RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Wow I never thought I'd see a focus like that.. affraid :clap:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus    RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RebelChris' Jar Jar Binks Focus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1