The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cardback Collection including Toltoys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

Cardback Collection including Toltoys Empty
PostSubject: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:52 am

I'm certain a lot of you have seen my collection before so I hope it doesn't bore you too much Smile  I have had a number of additions among my Toltoys items though and am well overdue for an update so feel free to scroll toward the bottom where most of those items are!

Cardback Collection including Toltoys StarWars-1
Cardback Collection including Toltoys ESB01
Cardback Collection including Toltoys ESB02
Cardback Collection including Toltoys ROTJ01
Cardback Collection including Toltoys ROTJ02
Cardback Collection including Toltoys ROTJ03

Cardback Collection including Toltoys POTF001_zpsc3c1e7bf
Cardback Collection including Toltoys POTF02

OK, that's all the standard stuff (well, there are one or two special items hidden in there) but now on with the Toltoys collection!

Cardback Collection including Toltoys Toltoys-1

Complete set of SW Toltoys cardbacks. Well, except for all the variations but I'd have to be insane to be tackling that!

Cardback Collection including Toltoys Toltoys_Survival_Offer_zps7128b393
The Yoda is an Offerless front with Survival Kit offer on the back. It appears this is the only character that such a combination appears with. This image also represents a bit of a milestone for me as to the best of my knowledge this is all the known characters featuring the Toltoys Survival Kit mailaway. Until a new one turns up that is Smile

I've also been fortunate enough recently to pick up the actual mailaway box itself, featured here next to a regular Kenner Survival Kit.

Cardback Collection including Toltoys Toltoys_Survival_Mailer_zps0a98e6e4

Cardback Collection including Toltoys Toltoys_4LOM_Offer_zpsade4a8d9

Just looking for the Vader cardback now...

Cardback Collection including Toltoys NN01_zps0951dc2d
Cardback Collection including Toltoys NN02_zps4544aa81
Cardback Collection including Toltoys ROTJNunb02

Three more cardbacks needed for the Nien Nunb set: Snowtrooper, Luke Bespin and Leia Hoth.

And just because collecting Australian Toltoys items is not difficult enough, here's my burgeoning Toltoys New Zealand items!

Cardback Collection including Toltoys NZ21backs_zpse1691bd6

These are New Zealand 21 backs, well the Greedo and Hammerhead are actually carded figures still so I'm cheating a little. This does help to illustrate the larger pyramid style bubble that has been cut away from the Ben, Sandpeople and Luke X-Wing cardbacks. You'll note that the Snaggletooth does not have the larger bubble but did come with a unique bubble which is typical for the half-size figures in this series. Not the complete absence of a footer which was standard at this time. There are other known examples that also confirm this. Oh, the black sticker is from the carry case sheet, nothing really special. A huge thanks to a very special collector that allowed me to add that cardback to my collection!

Cardback Collection including Toltoys NZ32backs_zps535ff911

Lastly, these are examples of the NZ 32 back with square bubble, although the IG-88 actually would have a bubble that looks as though it is upside down with a footer space at the top. You can barely make this out in the image above.

There does seem to be some uncertainty about these NZ items as they have only recently come to scrutiny by collectors. I can tell you that I've been pursuing these for the last 4 years and gradually building my knowledge of them with the aid of new additions and information shared by others. I am completely certain that these originated in NZ and were assembled there (the figures themselves are no different than standard Kenner figures however). The items I have in my collection have come from more than one source and the vast majority all came from New Zealand. The few items that can't be traced back that far at least have an Australian pedigree and I suspect made their way from New Zealand at some stage of their life.

So, now all I need is a NZ 48 back for my next update... don't hold your breath!
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:09 am

Great collection. The yellow coin offers are gems.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 am

I never get sick of seeing your cardback collection.  Pink 4LOM offer & aussie coin offer are still high on my want list.  Good luck with the items on your want list ( I'll fight ya for any NZ 48 backs LOL )
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:15 am

That is an awesome collection of card backs.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 am

Massive collection! Love the Toltoys!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Superb cardback collection, thanks for sharing them here and good luck with future research for the Toltoys NZ, keep us updated  Cool
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:19 am

Impressing collection. :clap:

Yoi must have put a lot of love and devotion into it to get so many (rare) cardbacks.

The NZ cardbacks are a league on their own. Nice to see them all together.

I also like the black/purple 4-LOM offer stickers on some of the cardbacks.

Cheers

Marco

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 am

Dax wrote:

Cardback Collection including Toltoys ESB01
Cardback Collection including Toltoys ESB02

Dax, nice U.S. Kenner TESB card back collection. I've sent you a PM for you regarding certain characters that are featured on your card backs. Smile
Back to top Go down
bluedog
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
bluedog

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 am

Beautiful collection Dax, some absolute gems amongst that lot. Especially love the NZ cards with their Pyramid bubbles still attached.

Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Havent been visiting the forum regularly for a while.

Starting to get caught up with all the threads, posts, and checking out members collections.

Amazing stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 5:37 am

Some of you may already be aware that I was fortunate enough to pick up a large collection of what are essentially opened figures with all the packaging included, so cardbacks and bubbles, some attached in part, others loose but taped to the card. After a couple of weeks of clean up and using top loaders to reunite bubbles where possible / needed here are some photos of everything.

Cardback Collection including Toltoys WP_20150301_17_02_32_Pro_zps42yyb391

Cardback Collection including Toltoys WP_20150301_17_04_31_Pro_zps1t9d61st

Cardback Collection including Toltoys WP_20150301_16_37_21_Pro_zpsgqninui0

OK, so I cheated a little on that last one. The Artoo is a loose bubble and figure that I've had in my collection for some time with just this purpose in mind. While they weren't originally mounted together, they work very well here. The Stormtrooper though I'm not so fortunate with as the bubble is from an ESB cardback therefore the graphics don't align properly. I'll keep looking for a SW origin version though and will ultimately replace this.

Anyway, as I'm never going to have a set of 12 original Star Wars Toltoys figures in my collection, this makes a wonderful display set as they are Smile

Cardback Collection including Toltoys NZ%20Toltoys%20Cards%2002%20Protected_zpsvwu6j3ku

All NZ items with the top row being the smaller size 21 backs with unique bubbles and the lower row being 32 backs.

I think I've used up all my collecting Karma for about the next 10 years now but it was worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 10:36 am

Cool you added this to your limelight cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 pm

You did a fantastic job of cleaning them up and matching everything back together.

They look awesome. cheers
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:09 am

: Shocked what an amazing collection , those toltoys are ridiculous I ould look at them all day drinking2 popcorn
Back to top Go down
Dundee1414
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 6:56 am

Awesome card back collection! I saved all mine(and ny brother's) from childhood and love the look of card backs. They are their own special brand of art. Your collection is a wonderful gallery to look at and smile. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardback Collection including Toltoys   Cardback Collection including Toltoys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cardback Collection including Toltoys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1