The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:46 pm

wanna to learn some Huttese?

here is a page to help you out!

learn some Huttese!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:24 pm

A very nice copy of Leia Bespin. She has one of the nicest Lei Bespin face i have seen.

IT was sold to me as a no COO and i took a picture of it, Can anyone tell me where this one come from?

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4307_zps03a3e945

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4300_zps342244ea

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4290_zps767f0f81

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4287_zpscaa09d94

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4284_zps2b0c3dc2
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Rancho Obi Wan tour.

Awesome!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:31 pm

absolute omg...

check this out!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Biggs new x-wing

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Slave 1 amazon.com exclusive.

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Nice Helmet vid!!!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:33 pm

[
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm

my 6 inch line so far... Happy! Happy! Happy!

Missing 3 sandtrooper to have a squad...

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4330_zps6572e915

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4347_zpsef34638a

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4350_zpsa8395638

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4363_zps6f5fbb1f

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4356_zpsd8a5c645

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4366_zps5dc47d4d

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4368_zpsaec7ee85

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4376_zps2b3e6e8c
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:24 am

Nice line up so far Bud. Is there variations with the R2-D2s and Luke XWPs you have, and if so what are they? Or is it so you can have loose and mib examples?

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Hey Bud,

Just curious...

do you have variants in your Sandtroopers?

I think this is the common one....
Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 10060713145_1bb60f153a_b

and this one has different chest details.....
Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 10060714125_48dff4d60c_b

I ordered a second one on accident but I noticed it was different. I plan on selling the dirtier chest variant since I never opened it.

anyway........

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi Psyber,

I would not really call the figure a variant. Its just a different look of the wash on the figure.

The wash ( the dirt appeareance applied to the figure ) itself is probably insanely hard to replicate and that is why you may see many similarities between some of the wash that you will see as time goes by but i think that no wash will be or are the same on this figure. It will look like it might be the same if you compare 2 of them but i am sure you would find slight differences after a in depth exam of the wash on each figures.

If you go out and say that since the wash does not look the same on all figures and call it a variant, then all the figures would be variants since all the wash will have slight differences in all of them unlike the paint jobs which should be uniform.

If you go with the paint application and see difference then i would call it a variant as with the established collectors convention on variants.

However i would not call variants on the wash. But that is my opinion of it... other may have a different idea than me on this...

as you can see one of mine is different than yours and all the ones i have are washed the same way with slight differences...

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4386j_zps82fb4e40

The cleaner one you have would be the uncommon one, mine are all dirtier than your first pick. Might be an early run in the line before they had fined tuned how to apply the wash...

P.s

you can remove the head and remove the shoulder pad and it almost becomes a Stormtrooper, yours would be a dirty stormtrooper. :)which would still look cool.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Psyber:

One question on your opened toy... are the lines on the cheeks actually blue? ( the bunch of little lines on the side of the mask on the cheeks... ) or the lines inside the red square of the pic.

they look blue to me on the toy, but i cant tell because mine are still sealed.

reason i asked is that when i first saw the prototype it looked like the line were going to be black which is not screen accurate and i flipped and complained about it and i am sure i was not the only one so hasbro may have actually did the right thing and paint them blue like the real helmets. From what i see the lines are indeed blue and actually of the right blue color but i can't really tell...

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 ANHstunt_2005_zpscfe8ad04

Photo from star wars helmets.com

can you take a close up pic and let us know....
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 pm

A nice vintage Yoda in mint shape. I actually bought one of those when i was younger so this is kind of a memory grab for me and it means a lot.

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4516_zpsb2775903

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4511_zps0bff49b1

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4504_zpsa1ebc9a5

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4500_zpsa4e69218

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4489_zps029a25e8

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4483_zpsdda1f15b

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4469_zpsc303d2c6

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4457_zps07645110

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4443_zpsbedab75a

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4428_zpsd02a15df

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 IMG_4410_zpscaa68eea
Back to top Go down
Dutchskywalker
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dutchskywalker

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:26 am

One of my all time favourite toys, still have my childhood one on premanent display in my living room.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 8:50 pm

For those wondering, i am still well and kicking in the Star Wars collecting world. Sad truth is that all my collecting money has been going towards more modern stuff and the new movie is also eating it all up. But rest assured that i am not done with my vintage stuff. As soon as things get better money wise and less busy with the modern stuff i will dip again in the Kenner stuff and bring it on!

Hope you all enjoy TFA when it comes out. Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Wow, blast from the past. I wondered where you went. Didn't know if all that nonsense over on rs had run you off from the forums. Glad to see your back. Feel free to limelight your modern stuff in this thread also. Have you picked up any particular hard to get pieces?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Welcome back welcome
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:37 am

Still kicking ... still big on TFA... collecting the 5PoA stuff . Got a big bin full of them cause i am going after multiples to keep on MoC ... but dstribution is poor and it makes it hard to find the darn thing. Also the vintage bug is teasing me big time... i have yet to be able to say that i have completed a loose set of OT figures. Am close but still missing some figures...mostly POTF... also would need to upgrade a bit of my collection for better version of some i have... maybe later . ☺
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:43 am

Yes my experience at RS was not pleasant at all but i was sticking to what i believed in even if it upset a bunch a people over there. I actually asked them to remove my account at some point because it was just too much. they perma banned me. At first i was not happy but i learned to live without them and all that negativity. Now i dont let no one dictate to me what i should collect or not collect and i leave someones opinion to their own even if i disagree with it. There is just no point...some people you just cannot have a civilized discussion with them before it degenerates...
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Very quick Review on TFA....

Like everyone else i was eagerly waiting for the movie to come out. I even did the line for 3 hours to go see it on opening night. I was not disappointed back then, but you got this feeling that meh.... its still not up to par with the OT. Better than the prequels but not better than OT.

Pros-

Fresh new faces mixed in with the old cast made the movie fun.

Funny

Awesome visuals and costume design.

Awesome cast.

Cons- I agree with a lot of people that it is basically a rehash for a new hope, at least thematically.

Story seems empty. not enough exposition.

Poor usage of Phasma and Luke. You can forgive Luke's appearance but the way JJ used Phasma was criminal.

The upcoming movies will have to stop repeating themes of otherwise the franchise will fail.

Music was good but no stand out theme.

All in all, this is not the movie hardcore fans have been waiting for... I have a sneaking suspicion that Rogue one might be more hardcore and akin to the OT than all the latest films...

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I liked the movie, but agree with most of what you have written. It is a new hope told in a different way basically. The whole premise of wren being an ultimate badass went out the door for me the second he began his whiny fit throwing crap. I so wanted him to be awesome but found that I am more disappointed that he lived to be in another movie than excited to see him in another one.

I haven't been following the other movie stuff but rogue one and some stand alones are in the works I think so maybe Disney can redeem themselves. Regardless of how bad they are though they will have to fall ffffffaaaaaaarrrrrr to reach the depths of the pre trilogy jar jar mess that we got before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4