The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Here is some youtube videos of some very interesting stuff i found!

To start, here is 2 nice videos about the original 12" line.

Props to the author(s) of the videos!

Original 12" line Part 1

Original 12" line Part 2

Death Star Playset

Another Death Star Video!

Star Wars electronic laser battle game

From actionjackman an awesome collection of star wars videos!

Palitoy Death Star Video

Palitoy Troop Transport

AT-AT

Droid Factory

Land of the Jawas

Landspeeder

Turret and Probot playset

Imperial Attack Base

Slave 1

Twin Cloud Car

Hoth Wampa

Darth Vader Star Destroyer

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:41 pm

And now a motivational poster Smile 

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 Earlybird_zps83e808a8
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Very nice copy of this bespin guard. excellent gold trim. The defects are factory defect and not playwear.

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 Bespinguard111_zps1d0bc9ff
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Another video that i like. While some of the information is now innacurate. It is still fun to watch. So sit back, enjoy and remember to take the information with a grain of salt since the video was done some time ago. Take it as entertainment. Smile

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 pm

And now a collection video.

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Other collection...

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:32 pm

book review...

Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 pm

budspencer wrote:
book review...

LOL, FEK ME, if this guy isnt the biggest waffling dribbler ive ever heard i dont know who is.

He sounds like a lovely guy, but he spent 50% of the time and the whole first 6 minutes talking about how he nearly stopped breathing the night before in his sleep, maybe if he did it would have saved all of us from the most painfull review about one of the worst SW books of all time.

Child like book, very poor lay out, poor pictures, little information of no real value, he even says its the best SW collecting book of all time when its universally condemned as a very poor guide.

Save yourself the money and time guys, give this book a miss lol

Theres my review Smile

But Bud, great thread mate, i always enjoy checking it out, cheers mate
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 pm

I don't have the book myself so i cant tell if it is indeed a good book or not. It "looked" interesting. There are a lot of different individuals on youtube. Some people make no sense at all in their videos while other do when they put a video together. Take it as entertainment value, nothing more....

Me putting something on here is not an endorsement of High Quality item or an endorsement on an individual. You need to do your own research and see if you like the item or not. I always do that myself before a purchase. I have to satisfy "me" because i am the one buying the item. Maybe something that fits me does not fit my buddy kinda thing.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Let's continue with another guide review.

UK book from what i understand. Older book but might be good for visual references...

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Empire of dreams

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Star Wars differences over different releases.

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:29 pm

ESB Muppet show... good times!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Ok some controversial videos ( for those who know who this person is . I am not going to get into his story.)

What i wanted to show you is an idea of how the stormtrooper suits were made way back then and i mean The Vacu form process and a bit of assembly.. The stormtroopers suit were just made of vacuformed pieces of plastic and other parts. They were not made of metal or fiberglass. That is why the surviving suits from the movies are so precious. They have become somewhat fragile over time and are highly sought after collectibles.

Below is an idea of how things happened. The original process was not the same but the vacuforming and the trimming and such are probably the same up to a certain degree.

Last edited by budspencer on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Trooperbay's armor.

I suggest you watch his channel.

TK4510 channel

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Stormtrooper armors.

Ok since i am sure i will have confused people with the videos above, i guess i should clarify.

A bunch of people are making stormtrooper armors and helmets.

Andrew Ainsworth is one of them.

Mike has made his own armor kit from what i can understand.

There are others that have built their helmets and armor from the ground up and sold them as kits.

Other individuals were able to mold actual helmets and apparently a suit from ROTJ ( not sure if it was a suit for promotion or a screen used suit )
Over time these helmets molds were sold and resold to different persons who made kits but also modified the molds and cleaned them up. The problem was that the mold had been made from real original helmet castings were now defaced.The stormtrooper helmets were wonky, imperfect, had bumps in them and what people were getting were "somewhat" perfected helmets.

The RS prop master story...

RS prop Masters have their own kit.

At this time RS prop Masters are considered the cadillac of the stormtrooper suit and helmet community.

One guy in England apparently received or found a complete sandtrooper armor from someone or family member ( i cant remember ) and started to post on the RPF forums about his find. Later on he decided to reproduce his helmet. He molded his helmet and started making kits of it for resale. He also had the helmet's matching armor and made some molds of the armor and began selling kits also. From what i understand the suit is or may have been used in the original movie which makes it precious. Costuming fans had long dreamed about being able to get accurate copies of the stormtrooper sandtrooper armor in the movie but the options were limited.

The RS prop master helmets are as close as you can get from an original movie helmet because they did not modify the helmets. Thus fans who are looking for accuracy completely went nuts when they started to sell the helmets and armor. See video below...you ll understand pretty quick what i was trying to explain...

Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Cool stuff. Thanks Bud. Makes me want to get a trooper suit...then i thought about how you probably cant sit down in one without ruining the plastic butt piece. Perhaps I am not fit for the infantry.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Not vintage but something i plan to get nonetheless...

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:28 pm

How to paint a stormtrooper helmet detailing...

part 1

part 2

part 3

Part 4

part 5

part 6

part 7

part 8

Part 9

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Original Star Wars helmet

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:37 am

StarWarsnut77 stuff:

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:47 am

Burger king Glasses

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:53 am

Some people definetely have money to blow!  Smile

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Rare R5 variant. The COO says Hong Kong 1978

Finally got one after years of intense and not so intense search. Landed on this fellow by pure luck. Smile

he is not that yellow. I took picture under a yellow light which made it worse than he really is. I tried to adjust to his real color as best as i could after...

I wonder if he is and end of line thing. Must be since this particular is rare. The line in the sticker are thicker than the lines in the regular sticker but that is about it....i did not take the time to examine every little details of the sticker other than the red extra box...

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3854_zps7ba9ebf4

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3857_zps34b320a1

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3864_zps18f69228

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3869_zps8b343b0e

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3872_zps88aa9668

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3880_zps2fcbff39

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3882_zps94353d5f

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3886_zpsc22e56a3

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 IMG_3889_zps3a44a27e
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:25 am

Boba Fett

Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next