The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:36 am

Harrison Ford

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Astromech builder webpage

R2-D2 builders:

Fancier R2's

Last edited by budspencer on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Something awesome!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Holy Crap!

A fact i had never noticed in all my times watching the original movie.

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 PDVD_057_zpsc9021c49

Look who is the astromech with Porkins! Damn Jawas! they resold this droid to Porkins!

No wonder he never had a chance. R5 was not motivated!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Flyguy's reviews. He hits all the details on the head with these reviews. Better him telling you all the thrills and spills of these fantastic toys than little ol Bud!

The sandtrooper is easily the highest desirable figure in the wave. It is simply amazing in its details and execution. I have 2 boxed copies now. Ill keep them that way. Ill try to find a loose copy on the bay later. But it is just gorgeous. Its like holding a stormtrooper in your hands... I plan on getting more of him for sure for army building and for investment copies. Hoping that the store will properly replenish their stock and we have no shortage from Hasbro whether intentional or not. The downside is that the scalpers are trying to profit from this particular figure. Fly guy says to order them online. I say do the contrary. Go to your local store and buy them at the price they should be and the price that is fair for you. If you buy online, you will pay premium ( at least now ) plus you probably will pay shipping Thus paying more in the end than you should be. I refuse to buy these online. Plus the thrill of the hunt is too much fun. If you cant find them , be patient, they will pop up sooner than later. I am sure that Hasbro has made tons of them to help give this line a good profitable launch. It is just a matter of jumping in your car or take the bus and go to the malls.

other review:

R2 D2 review by Galactic Hunter

Boba and Han SDCC

Boba and Han SDCC

Ok this guy is a little bit weird but you get a better view of the figures....

Last edited by budspencer on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:36 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Bud, these look really cool. By chance do you know what stores may carry them? I haven't seen them in Walmart nor target so is it only some smaller stores and not large retail or is it just they aren't out yet in that large of a supply? I haven't yet researched these but this is the same line that has an exclusive fett with Han carbonite right? If so I think some of the C2 goers posted a pic of the fett in the C2 pic thread.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks for the vids on the 6" Black series, bud!
I know that isn't you unless you chopped your beard and picked up a British accent!

I am more excited about my one Sandtrooper now!
I foolishly only picked one up via pre-order on Amazon for $20... I should have picked two because I am definitely opening this badboy up and displaying him somewhere!

Thanks again, Bud!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm

I am not Flyguy...lol Flyguy is Australian.

These are "starting" to be available to the brick and mortar stores. I have bought mine at my Local Walmart and toy's R us in Canada.

The apparent release date was around this time. No one really knows what it is or what it was. Some stores seem to perform better with newer toys than others so they got a few cases. These toys should hit your local walmart, targets and toys r us pretty soon. You just have to be patient a bit. The distribution is just sparse at the moment since this is new. It will pick up and the stores will eventually put them up for sale. You could ask someone at your local store if they have heard of this. It should be a big thing because you have several lines arriving at same time.  The small black series, the 6 inch black series, The 2013 saga legends and mission packs when you see some of them you can be sure that the 6 inch line is somewhere around so the people at the store should know when it comes out.

if you want more details on those lines. head to jeditemple archives.com they have tons of articles on them right now.

cheers!

Last edited by budspencer on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 pm

psybertech wrote:
Thanks for the vids on the 6" Black series, bud!
I know that isn't you unless you chopped your beard and picked up a British accent!

I am more excited about my one Sandtrooper now!
I foolishly only picked one up via pre-order on Amazon for $20... I should have picked two because I am definitely opening this badboy up and displaying him somewhere!

Thanks again, Bud!

cheers!
Very Happy

I am a very hard man to content but this toy is so awesome that it beat my expectations. I saw the prototype at the NYC toy fair last spring. I mean online not a New York. It is there that they announced this new line. I saw the prototype for this toy and i was blown away. They actually fixed a lot of the paint applications problems on the prototype and the production model is even better than the prototype. This toy is an army builder so that is why it is going to be hard to get. Scalpers know the value of the sandtrooper and will make sure they profit from this. That is why i am saying that you should not order online and pay scalping price and shipping because this toy under normal circumstances should be coming to your own store at its real price.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Big millenium Falcon

Galoob toys!

this one while short is very cool and awesome!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Added more 6 Inch reviews in the post above, check it out!

upcoming 6 inch waves..

Last edited by budspencer on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Other 6 inch reviews, because its nice to see other people's point of views!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Collecting update:

Had an awesome week of Star Wars collecting:

I got a 6 inch R2 from walmart. the second one i get and as you can see i am a huge fan of this new line. so it cuts a bit on my vintage budget but i think i can manage both if i am careful and look for deals.

Paycheck week so I was able to get deals on the following:

Paploo in high grade.

Han Solo Bespin. I finally was able to pinpoint one after looking for him since i started collecting the loose figures almost 2 years ago. I don't know why but that particular Han Solo is a nightmare to find in undamaged condition. I think it is even worse than the original Han figure. There are always tons of paint rubs on them amongst other things. I took a chance and i bought one that looks close to mint and it was dirt cheap too. I am crossing my fingers in hopes that i get a good figure and did not get scammed somehow.
An upgraded incomplete figure of Chief Chirpa. He is gonna replace mine that has a nasty paint rub on his belt scarab. Ill just switch the hood on him and voila. Tip top shape chief Chirpa.

an high grade Emperor  i have one but it is a baggie so now i have a loose one.

and i got a deal on a Power of the jedi Amanaman on its card.

Plus an R4 P17 from the new saga legends line found at local walmart.

awesome week indeed. When i get those figures i will be sitting at around 80 out of the regular figures total so i am getting there. However i do need to upgrade some of these later but so far i could say that over 90% of my loose figures are high grade figures C-9's and more which i am really proud of and i am closing in on the magic number 93. I may dip in the droids and ewok lines after that but they wont be a priority. If i get anything out of this line it would be a C3PO and the droids R2.... I also think that i am solely going to focus on the figure for now and move away from the ships and playsets for a while ( unless i see an unbelievable deal ) so i can complete my loose set. I would be done already for loose figures if i had not purchased things like the death star playset or an original falcon. But sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

next paycheck i think ill jump on a POTF stormie helmet for my Luke. I have located a few sources but i have to wait to see how it is going to turn out.

Ill post pics of my vintage stuff when it comes in...

cheers!

Last edited by budspencer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:42 pm

awwww.

This is why Mark Hammil will forever be Luke Skywalker. Kind and Generous and fun to listen too.

awesome!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Non Star Wars but awesome!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Collection Update:

I am doing well ( i think ) i got roughly 80 out of the "official " original figures loose. Most of them in High grade. I don't plan on getting into variants or Lilly Ledy stuff or other distributor stuff. Kenner North America is good enough for me.I have to upgrade maybe 10 of them most non major expensive figures so it should not be a problem after i finish my run ill apply the polish. After the loose figure i want to try to finish getting the ANH stuff like the sandcrawler, sonic landspeeder, creature cantina in boxes. I also want to dig in the puzzles and die cast stuff and the original 12 inch line. I want to try to finish the ANH stuff in a hurry because i think that a lot of people will get the collecting bug for ANH stuff when the new movie arrives and it may make the prices jump on a lot of things which is going to cost even more to collect. I would say that i have maybe close to 40% of the original mainstream stuff put out by Kenner for the original movie ( i think ).

From A New Hope I have the following Kenner toys:

Playsets with boxes

Droid Factory
land of the Jawa
Death Star

Vehicle with boxes

X-wing
Tie Fighter
Millenium falcon
Darth Vader Tie Fighter
Landspeeder

Creatures

Patrol Dewback in box

12 inch ( most are incomplete loose figures )

Luke
Darth
Jawa
Chewie
3PO

Games:

Electronic battle game

Escape from Death Star board game

destroy Death Star board game

Movie viewer ( in bad shape )

Misc

Burger King glasses all four of them

Graflex 3 cel flashgun ( luke's lightsaber , not a replica, exactly same as prop used in film )

Don Post helmet

Thermos lunch Box

Star Wars read along

Star Wars coloring books

Topps sets. Blue, red, yellow
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

And now some stuff from the epic Blade Runner film.

Last edited by budspencer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

DL-44 Blaster

Last edited by budspencer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:47 pm

and now we break for a few commercials:

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 pm

C3PO costume maker. Just goes to show you that with work and patience you can do some awesome things.

Very interesting!

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Got these gems.

They are very near flawless. I was afraid for the rebel soldier to not be good but he is almost dead mint as well as the emperor and paploo. I had a baggie emperor but now i have an awesome loose copy. I had been hunting for Palpie for a while but could never find a mint one. This one is dead mint!

Chief Charpa has a rub on his medalion but otherwise he is mint too.

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4182_zps39d65eea

Got this too.

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4183_zpsdb91a4dd
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Got a Han Bespin, I could say he is mint but hes got a nasty yellow right hand that i don't like other than that the figure is flawless. I guess ill have to try to find another one when i do my upgrades.

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 Han1_zpsc6b25420

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 Han2_zpse0bce9b1
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:16 pm

another Gem for my collection. On some days it seems that one can get the luck of the irish and i did on this purchase. The final price was just a steal. I talked to the guy after the sale and tanked him for the sale. He told me he was downsizing his collection. It broke my heart to read that but his toy went to a good loving home where he will be protected from those nasty wampas.

I had this commercial playing in my head all week long while i was waiting for him to show up.

Got me pumped up! Ultra cool! Love my TaunTaun!

Taun Taun!!!... Taun Taun!!!

Beautiful box , almost mint. Got this for an awesome deal. Very happy with the box. Tape is still clear which is rare, aside from the nasty price tag the box is mint IMO. But it woulds not be vintage if it did not have flaws! Tauntaun is a bit beat up and the saddle and reins are damaged. But i can easily get a better TaunTaun on ebay.
Almost flawless purchase. It can’t get any better than that!

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4208_zps3ba75db5

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4212_zps5fadc3d6

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4217_zps49857d23

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4220_zps8746f986

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4229_zpsc0df2293

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4230_zps26b2b87f

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4242_zps9b1a194c

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4249_zpsd282b5f0

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 IMG_4251_zpsb624c066
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!   Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bud's Star Wars Vintage Collectible reviews and other things Bud likes!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next