The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  Empty
PostSubject: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:42 pm

First to all my friends especially John (Darthberizing) and Cristian, an apology for dropping off the radar for so long and being hard to get a hold of while there was an unfinished deal on the table. As has been mentioned there were a lot of pretty serious things going on that kept me from having the kind of time I generally devote to the hobby. So I didn't do much of anything hobby related in that time span.

I even almost lost out on an item that I'd had on hold that was on my hitlist for a while. Thanks to the push back to reality from one of my truest friends in the hobby Daren (EmperorBurns) This rare beauty(2 known?) now resides in Mos Yglesias
Uzay Tie Fighter Pilot, unpainted limbs MOC:
Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  8456961400_4d127a2264_c

Now the coincidence that I started coming back around just at the time where a couple of my other very close and truly appreciated friends (Andy Anderson, and John) were also plotting to find a grail piece of mine to brighten my spirits while I was down and out. Well, just as I came back and started working on projects that I'd left unfinished, as well as some new things..... I get a mystery box in the mail.......

Containing.......

wait for it......

wait for it.......................................

A Mexican Amanaman lol!
Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  8475330870_9b29f61be5_c
seen hanging out with some of my Dias De Los Muertos collection.

Big thanks to Andy and his wife, as well as John for the laugh that I got when I opened the inner box. It's truly nice to know that I have such true and real friends thanks to this hobby....And while I can be a grumpy bastard at times, stuff like what John, Andy, Daren, and Mike Vogt have shown me as friends over the past couple of years definitely means a lot and is genuinely appreciated. I also even had a collector I don't personally know, offering to send me money to help when I was trying unsuccessfully to sell a couple of items in Dec. I'm not going to mention name in case he doesn't want to have it out there. But, thank you as well, I ended up selling some vintage BMX stuff locally to get thru that minor tight spot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 am

Joe,

First and foremost, welcome back. I missed your honest and to the point posts.. If you find yourself in Northern Virginia, hit me up and you are welcome to Casa West for food..

Second, congrats on the grail Uzay and the simply Kickass Amanaman bootleg. I remember that being on your hit list for a while..

I truly hope you stick around a very long time. Hell, it is nice to fuck with you at times.. Very Happy Looking forward to your Uzay article..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

Welcome back Joe, hope life will be better for you now Wink
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 am

Fantastic to have you back Joe, and great to hear things are going ok, we havnt met yet but how could i not know about the famous Joe Y, the world authority on bootlegs bow :cool laugh: , great to have you back around the place and it seems youve been missed a lot mate.

cheers, Tony
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 am

sith jawa wrote:
Joe,

First and foremost, welcome back. I missed your honest and to the point posts.. If you find yourself in Northern Virginia, hit me up and you are welcome to Casa West for food..

Second, congrats on the grail Uzay and the simply Kickass Amanaman bootleg. I remember that being on your hit list for a while..

I truly hope you stick around a very long time. Hell, it is nice to fuck with you at times.. Very Happy Looking forward to your Uzay article..

Jason, it's actually not the bootleg Amanaman that's on my hitlist, but a Hasbro Amanaman, painted with a sanchez moustache a sombero and a poncho...making him a "Mexican Amanaman" All for a fun laugh! And Hopefully when I get some time to travel and see my friends collections in person, I'll be able to take you up on your gracious offer. And of course if you find yourself in RI, you're more than welcome to hang out at Mos Yglesias,and enjoy the cantina cuisine.....lol

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:02 am

Hey Joe,

Great to see you up and running again. cheers The Outer Realm is not the same w/o you.

Congrats with your Uzay MOC, a fantastic piece.

Cheers,

Marco

LOL about the 'Ledy' Amanaman, what a great gift. Reminds me to something else Very Happy

Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  LedyAmanaman
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 am

Welcome back in to the fold Joe and a massive congrats on your latest acquistions Cool
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 am

Joe,

Let me be the first "new" member to welcome you back. Although I have read snippets about you, your collection and personnel worries I hope we can become friends and get to know each other better.

Stefan aka Walkie
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 am

Wow! How do you guys find these things?! Congrats
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:15 am

Appreciate the kinds words Joe. Like I said the Anderson's deserve the credit on Senor Amanamexico (ole')!

More importantly , I'm really happy to see things turning around for you personally. We all go through these times and they certainly do try us. But they pass and we return stronger!!

Glad to see you in a better place, and happy to have you back on here!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Haha!! Really glad you enjoyed the meximanaman! John and I thought you'd get a kick out of it or think we were the biggest dumbasses ever! So, glad you liked it Wink. I thought my wife did a great job on the poncho. Made it out of an old piece of khakis. Got the hat on eBay. But I really wish I had found one of those mini bottles of Tabasco. If you get one at a restaurant one day, you'll have to complete the figure.

Congrats on the Uzay. Glad you're back in action my friend! Now, where's that Uzay article!?
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Uzay article is finished, save for some gramatical editing, and waiting for a clean pic of the light caped ERG from Mete; it's ready to be transfered to HTML and formatted.....

Cheers and thanks again for the warm welcome home!
Joe
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Awesome addition Joe! Congrats. It must be Uzay-month Smile

Good to have you back on board!

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:14 pm

MartijnEmmelot wrote:
Awesome addition Joe! Congrats. It must be Uzay-month Smile

Good to have you back on board!

~Martijn

It seems that Uzaymania's running wild!! Well now time to go downstairs and lick some lead figures.....LOL :I am stupid:
I'll send you a full list of the materials on ea MT I have....

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Looking forward to reading this article, i'm currently toying over the idea of weather to start collecting Uzay figures myself. I'm not a huge fan of bootleg items but i'm on the fence with Uzay at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Joe - Welcome back friend.

It was a pleasure to meet guys like you, Jason West and others this past August in Florida. I appreciate the deal we made at the C6 Collectors Swap Meet and who can forget The Outer Realm T-Shirts!?

Nice to see you back in the game. cheers
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 am

Welcome back Joe. I was beginning to think you had decided to wander off to some quiet mountain retreat and teach monks how to tell the difference between Uzay and production Vaders.

Good to see you back.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm

That Uzay Tie Pilot card picture makes me smile evry time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Getting back on board plays second fiddle to the most important thing- your life back on track. Glad to see/hear both occur.
Back to top Go down
Yehuda K
New User
New User
Yehuda K

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 am

Welcome back Joe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!    Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back for good(hopefully) an apology and a limelight of 2 grail items!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1