The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wthompson
New User
New User
Wthompson

First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. Empty
PostSubject: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:05 am

Hi All,

First Limelight here on Imperial Gunnery.

Thought I would post up some part of my IG-88 collection, nothing spectacular at all just some odds and ends Smile Below is over 5 years of effort to build an IG-88 collection. There is still a lot out there to look for in terms of mainly pre-production and other nice items, not shown are some more modern items like statues and figure runs so I tried to have mostly vintage with a splash of modern. Not a ton of new items, managed with help from a friend expand my SOTE IG-88 run with a hardcopy I strived to add for some time and hope to one day scratch off owning a legit vintage hardcopy should one pop up.

Old Picture from Celebration 3 focus collection panels. Yes most items in the vintage shelf is my old near complete run of the first 12 as prototypes.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF0717

New Pics.

Vintage

IG-88 First Shot Prototype Run ( All but the blue figure are Benchshots)
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4292
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4295
This run consists of from left to right - (1) Nonsonic welded First Shot with no dates, (2) an almost totally unpainted First Shot with no dates ( one eye is painted ),
(3) First Shot Painted IG-88 with Painted Arm bands similar to IG-88 shown on some cardbacks- No Dates , (4)First Shot with No Dates etc Painted correctly , (5) Colored First shot with Dates / markings with product limbs for display purposes ( My Avatar ), (6) Nice and correctly painted first shot with a Snow Trooper gun held in place with Wax - No dates (7) Production Figure.

IG-88 Proof Card Run - Sorry for the Dark Picture !
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4296
Old Picture!
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF0794

Kenner Sign-off samples, can't see one of the labels on the card on the right.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4316

IG-88 Run of Variations - Yep collect enough you find stuff more then the usual.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4312
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4313

1- No COO - Coil on Right Leg, Eye holes
2- No COO - No Coil on Right Leg, Rounded Eyes
3- Hong Kong- Coil on Right Leg, eye holes - Silver
4- Hong Kong- No Coil on Right Leg, Rounded eyes - silver
5- Hong Kong- No Coil on Right Leg, Rounded eyes - Grey

Kenner 12" IG-88 Box Flat.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4315

IG-88 12' Run -Engineering Pilot, incomplete figure,Droids custom and POTJ
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4301

12" Engineering Pilot
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4302
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4303
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4304

IG-88 Custom Droids 12" Figure
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4300

IG-88 Cardbacks for Palitoy and Toltoys
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4297

AFA Carded and Loose Figure variations- one is an AFA 85 Offerless 48 Back.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4291

Complete Canadian IG-88 Run - Sorry for Dark pictures !
31-Back A, 31-Back B, 41-Back and 41-Back Transition all but the 31A are unpunched.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4288
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4290
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4289

Carded IG-88 Collection - No cases yet 31ESB to ROTJ
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4319

Pair of Carded 77-Back Variations
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4317

Bootleg IG-88 Collection
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4309

Modern

IG-88 SOTE Run ( Shadows of the Empire ) - Painted Hardcopy complete, unpainted head, Dated Test shot, Dated Test Shot with Weapons, Paint test sample in Silver.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4286

Kenner Italian Sign Off - Packaging Sample.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4314

IG-88 Potj Prototype Run - Unpainted Hardcopy, Painted Hardcopy comes apart, Painted Hardcopy Glued in torso wrong, and Test shot with dates
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4287

IG-88 Potj Run - Carded IG-88 with Red Belt! and Obi-wan file card AFA, Carded sample -Mock-up , and AFA standard figure.
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4282
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4280
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4281

IG-86 Run- one on the far right is a First shot/Test shot Prototype
First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. DSCF4311

Thanks and Enjoy !
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am

i'm not the focus kind of guy, but i must commend you on your choice of character!
very nice round up you have here, with some stunning toy history pieces.. congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:39 am

Wow! truely amazing!!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:00 pm

have to say thats an awsome run you have there , congrates

on all the proofs hardcopys and first shots Shocked
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:08 pm

I've always been an admirer of your focus Wayne! And it's been very fun to see grow and expand over time.

It's great to see a few modern pieces in there as well! Really rounds out the focus! Very Happy

Great work, and thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 pm

That collection rocks Wayne!

Welcom to TIG!

It was well worth you posting mate and thanks for taking the time to share it with the TIG peeps as some of us don't venture too much on RScum!

I have a loose IG-88 that was mine as a younger it has one solid eye and one hollow eye. I was wandering if you have seen any around? I just thought it was strange to have half and half with regards to the eyes.

Cheers Craigy

Back to top Go down
Wthompson
New User
New User
Wthompson

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Craig,

Not that I've noticed, there was actually a couple that I had that were sort of half holed in the eyes so not quite defined but not round either. I didn't think it was worth including that one. Most people look at Grey or Silver but there is with COO and NO CCO with combinations as shown.

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Hmmm ... Interesting Wayne. Thanks for the reply

I wonder if that what I have as I can't believe Kenner would deliberately make a sculpt with one hollow eye and one solid.

Cheers buddy!
Back to top Go down
Wthompson
New User
New User
Wthompson

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Possibly, what has stumped me is why does all of the first shots I own have the coil missing from the right leg while the original Hardcopy has that detail. It's possible more then a few tooling exists or existed
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Excellent IG-88 focus you have there Wayne. I like some of the more modern sculpts for IG-88 - he's such a cool character they do him justice imo. A very inspiring limelight - many thanks for sharing Cool
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 am

WOW!

Amazing focus Wayne,nice mix of vintage & modern too! Cool

Congrats & thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:28 am

One of the greatest figure focus collections out there by far, even years ago I remember seeing one of your limelight threads on RS and thinking wow thats dedication!

Thanks for the share Wayne
Back to top Go down
Wthompson
New User
New User
Wthompson

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks Guys for the comments. Really like Bounty Hunters in general and for some reason I really like droids. I have runs of Battle Android Troopers from Gijoe and actually have the Prototype for Lotcutus of Star Trek ( Captain Picard as a Borg ) so you could say I like that type of thing.

After my last post, I think what happened to one of the toolings was it was damaged. Since the SOTE modern figure was pretty much casted off or produced somehow from that same tooling the coil was also deleted on the more modern version.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Nice collection dude but can't see any IG-88's at all, whats with that? :bikerscout:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Wthompson wrote:
what has stumped me is why does all of the first shots I own have the coil missing from the right leg while the original Hardcopy has that detail. It's possible more then a few tooling exists or existed
that is very strange :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 6:14 am

As I said on Rebelscum, it's an awesome collection and a great display Very Happy
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:21 am

Great collection indeed mate! welcome a board!!
Cheers
JAvi
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Incredible collection--now you just need a Derwent jet engine burner can to top it all off!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:04 am

I enjoyed looking at your IG-88 collection very much. Fantastic focus collection!!

Looking at the 12' figures, I think the vintage IG-88 looks much better than the very thin IG-88 from the POTJ line.

It is a pity IG-88 had so little screen time in ESB, as he is one of my favourite Bounty Hunters. Luckily they compensated a bit for that in the Shadows of the Empire video game. But why Lucas Arts decided to let him talk like Donald Duck?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Kenner76
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Kenner76

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:36 am

Very cool focus character and an awesome collection! Smile
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 11:03 am

That is a fantastic collection. I especially love the 12" figures.:clap: 
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Such a treat to see all the pre production figures displayed in one place.
I always think that for a focus having both vintage and modern peices together,
makes the collection stand out from the rest, your run is proof of that.
Thanks for showing your outstanding collection.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:19 am

simply amazing , my favorite bounty hunter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.   First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Imperial Gunnery Limelight -- IG-88 Focus - nothing good to see here move along.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1